Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Pure Buffalo, NY Fri 17 Dec 2010

Wow DC to Buffalo on a bus? You guys are nuts. That'll be a hellish trip. Might be even worse, depending on the weather :geek:

The longest bus trip I ever took was from Amsterdam to Paris. The buses weren't bad, but it was not a pleasurable experience - the journey took almost 8 hours with breaks and traffic. I just find it frustrating to be stuck on a bus for so long - at least on a train, you can move around and stretch a bit.

December is not the best month to travel to Buffalo. Last NYE, I took a train from Albany to Buffalo - it took about 7 hours to get there. On the way back, weather was terrible, and the trip took nearly 11 hours with the delays.
    Tune of the moment: Arty & Mat Zo - Rebound :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by alchemy
    Wow DC to Buffalo on a bus? You guys are nuts. That'll be a hellish trip. Might be even worse, depending on the weather :geek:

The longest bus trip I ever took was from Amsterdam to Paris. The buses weren't bad, but it was not a pleasurable experience - the journey took almost 8 hours with breaks and traffic. I just find it frustrating to be stuck on a bus for so long - at least on a train, you can move around and stretch a bit.

December is not the best month to travel to Buffalo. Last NYE, I took a train from Albany to Buffalo - it took about 7 hours to get there. On the way back, weather was terrible, and the trip took nearly 11 hours with the delays.

its only about 8 hours (only hehehhe) itll be worth it in the end to see markus again. Ive done the drive- not so bad but on the bus that means theres no responsibility im going to bring some benedryl and sleep for hopefully at least 6 hours...then get some pregaming done for the last 2 hahahhaha perfect.

plus ill have holly there so theres enough company for many more then 8 hours!

as for the weather...im a little nervous but its still quite warm here and mid december isnt too horrible normally in dc...buffalo though...not sure im sure it gets so much worse....

Hahahahaha it's not that bad! 7-8 hours it says... I'm praying there is no bad weather! Hahaha DC SUCKS if it snows, they have NO IDEA WHATSOEVER to do about snow. All the clubs close, cabs don't run, it's PATHETIC. So yeah.. pray that it doesn't snow ever when I'm trying to make it to a show. Especially Markus. Omg I'd be SO PISSED.

Bus ride shouldn't be bad! I love megabus (like seriously, IN LOVE WITH megabus). I usually just watch movies on Netflix on my phone. Sometimes I'll bring a bag of wine or something to keep me entertained and take frequent naps. I mean there is a certain threshold where the cost/vs. the time it takes makes it better to just fly. NYC to Toronto or Montreal is just stupid expensive for flying though. Like $400 RT when you can score Megabus tickets for $24-80 RT.

Amtrak is so much nicer but more expensive. NYC to Montreal is $130 RT bleh, ($112 with AAA!!! Hahahaha) but currently the best option for Montreal as Megabus does not yet cover that route! But train travel is nicer cuz you can move around more. Went in September and it was a gorgeous ride up through Vermont during peak fall foliage season!

Longest I've done was Toronto for Markus, it's like 10 hours each way cuz you make a stop in Rochester or something I forget. It's definitely better than driving. I used to drive to all these gigs but my car started making this weird noise like 3 months ago so I stopped doing that HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.

I don't think I could do Chicago on a bus, its like $120 on peterpan and 19 hours each way. AND PETERPAN SMELLS BAD AND HAS NO OUTLETS FOR YOUR PHONE. Flights to chicago are like $200. No brainer.

One day when I win lotto I won't have to be such a cheapass but until then <3 <3 <3 <3 megabus <3 <3 <3 <3

Quote Originally Posted by hellosam

its only about 8 hours (only hehehhe) itll be worth it in the end to see markus again. Ive done the drive- not so bad but on the bus that means theres no responsibility im going to bring some benedryl and sleep for hopefully at least 6 hours...then get some pregaming done for the last 2 hahahhaha perfect.

plus ill have holly there so theres enough company for many more then 8 hours!

as for the weather...im a little nervous but its still quite warm here and mid december isnt too horrible normally in dc...buffalo though...not sure im sure it gets so much worse....
    HAHAHAHAH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha yes bus is definitely better as there is no responsibility!!! couldn't drink wine straight from a bag if i was driving my car!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

what else shall we bring???

- wine
    - vodka
    - coloring books
    - finger puppets
    - play truth or dare (HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA)
    - picnic lunch!

omgggg i haven't seen my sammy for more than like a cumulative 8 hours in the past 3 months so this bus trip is going to be AWESOMEEEE <3 and our plane ride!!! let's try to recreate that face you made at JFK before my flight to europe HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

HAHAHAHAHA

^^ HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

omg that FACE hahahahahahahhahah!! i just choked and snnorted a little reading that! hahahha

we should also bring MAD LIBS!!

hmmmmmm im sure we can come up with more stuff lets seee....

ill download some movies on my phone too heheheh huge screen = only win on the thing!! (assuming i still have it then bc im so mad at it i might sell it!)

HAHAHAHAHHAH OMG i am going through my pictures to find the silly sam one and i'm cracking up!!! i have had so much fun in the past couple years!!
    this is an example of megabus: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 8397_n.jpg
    HAHAHAHA yes i brought pipe cleaners (yes i'm 24) and we made animals and letters, and the letters would fly off the table from the bus going over bumps and shit and form their own words on the ground lmaofkrlfkrl omg

so yeah to anyone doubting an 8 hour bus ride, just bring your friends, some toys, a little alcohol, and you'll have a great time. hahahahahahahha

sam! i can't find silly sam picture!! where is it!!! i found a ton of other silly pictures HAHAHAHHAAHAHA but none that need to be posted here hahahaha i can't wait for december 17-18!

^^ hahahhahah thank GOD!! hahaha that picture is seriously scary hahahhaha

i have a ton of funny pics of us on my old phone too bad i have no laptop anymore or id share!! maybe i can finagle eli's to work for me or smt! then ill post

Yeah im going to bring fun crafts to do...hmmm what to do what to dooo????

OH i DL a mini mixer and recorder on my phone we can be Djs on the way hahahahahha

Getting pumped up! Only a few more days. Who's with me? :P

Me!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know the best way to get from Buffalo airport to the club? LOL

I've found some taxi shuttle thing for $18, my friend says a cab will be "around $15" (not sure if I believe it), and a quote from a private car service for $28 LMAO but I'd rather take a public bus for $2 and spend the rest on beer.

Hi Markus Fans

I will be coming down from Toronto with some friends…really excited for the show…would really like to meet some of the peeps in the forum… look forward to seeing everybody tomorrow night... Safe travels for everyone making the trip to buffalo..

Happy Holidays

PS anybody know how long Markus Set will be…any idea on set times…