Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: DJmag Top 100 DJ Poll 2010 leaked results - Markus Schul

I've heard from some people that DJ Mag alters the final rankings. Apparently it says they have the right to do this when you agree to vote or something? Not entirely sure if it's true, don't care enough to research it. But if it is true, they must have an invested interest in keeping a "trance" DJ at #1. Because if the numbers Ericc B posted are accurate for facebook fans, then it is surprising Guetta hasn't taken #1 yet.
    @ Atlanta: 09.18.08, 04.23.09, 07.07.10
    @ Charlotte: 09.25.08, 04.02.09, 11.20.09, 09.24.10
    @ Miami: 03.29.08, 03.23.10, 03.26.10, 03.11.11

Administrator

Ok my turn. Like everyone has said, the poll gets leaked every year. No big surprise there.

It is what it is (the mantra we chant every day at the Coldharbour offices). Our plan is to just go with it. We're going to keep on doing what we do: make great Coldharbour tracks, put out what we hope is an amazing radio show each week and support Markus as best we can while he is on the road. We have our plan and will do everything we can do to keep you guys happy and dancing your tushies off.

So on Wednesday, wherever you are, raise your glasses with us to another successful year and let's get back at it for 2011. Thanks for helping us do what we do. We can't do it without you.

Heather S.

David Guetta and Tiesto make more mainstream music that s why they have so much facebook friends but those ''casual'' listiner probably do not vote in the DJmag.com top 100 list. Armin has probably more die hard fans who vote for him..

Ahhh djmag lol.

1st- yeah it gets leaked every time, but I was kind of surprised to see the results DIRECTLY on djmag.com. If you searched whoevers name on the site, it'd pull up their 2010 ranking (as well as 09, 08, etc.). I don't know that much about maintaining a website with a search database and whatnot but seriously?? LOl who effed that one up? They've apparently fixed that today though. Worked yesterday.

2nd - Boy George???? What does this even mean!??? Is this a joke?? Is it some other DJ that named themselves Boy George? Please please explain this one to me.

3rd - The Swedish House Mafia debate -- can a group of DJs be listed separately & as a group? I've seen people claim that they cannot, as this is a rule of dj mag but I don't see anywhere where djmag lists this as a rule. Who knows. How often is SHM together as a group? And they have ONE track that was played 1238942789342374923 this summer. Whatever. I'm just irritated that they placed 23 solely on that one damn song that if I could never hear again in my life I'd be entirely okay.

4th - Was kind of shocked Gareth got 7th. I'm a fan of his but was still surprised. Other than that I can't really give too much of a shit. I'm not surprised to see more housier djs placing higher, I've noticed a shift even within my own friends towards house (not me blah can't do it). Dash Berlin getting a new entry at 15 is kind of weird, but I've never seen him so IDK. My friend and I sat down the night before it got leaked and literally made a list of about 75+ djs/producers that aren't on the list that we enjoy/love/follow..

But I'm still going to listen to the music that I listen to, still going to goto the gigs I want to goto, still going to travel as much as I can afford to do so to see Markus regardless if he is 1, 8, or 84734.
    So really idk what else, but someone please explain the boy george thing to me

Quote Originally Posted by Globalgirl
    Ok my turn. Like everyone has said, the poll gets leaked every year. No big surprise there.

It is what it is (the mantra we chant every day at the Coldharbour offices). Our plan is to just go with it. We're going to keep on doing what we do: make great Coldharbour tracks, put out what we hope is an amazing radio show each week and support Markus as best we can while he is on the road. We have our plan and will do everything we can do to keep you guys happy and dancing your tushies off.

So on Wednesday, wherever you are, raise your glasses with us to another successful year and let's get back at it for 2011. Thanks for helping us do what we do. We can't do it without you.

Heather S.
    We never leave Markus, we're support him, 'till we're all die. We are the "Coldharbour Family".

World Tour Budapest Supporter | GDJB Listener | Coldharbour Recordings Lover

Just wait til Tranceaddict Top 250 comes out. Markus will probably be #2 again like he was last year.

I see that poll as more indicative of the more hardcore fans of edm and DJ Mag becoming more and more casual listeners and commercialized.

Quote Originally Posted by Rene
    But how come that Guetta isn't number one, when he has so much more "friends"
    That's easy. Because 90% of his FB fans don't even know what DJ mag is.
    ONLY MARKUS
    CAN TRANCEMIT
    OUR DREAMS

I should really wait till Wednesday to start my rants but it the leak is true - I feel bittersweet about #8... Cool that he is among 8 most popular DJs, and I will express my congrats to Markus and his Coldharbour on that, even though that8th place doesn't reflect the talent, care and efforts he puts in his work. No less than #1.
    I enjoyed every moment being in his gigs. Incomparable experience. Great sets. Zero-arogance interaction. Will go to as many gigs as I can and continue to tune into the GDJBs and spread the word about Markus's talent and why we like him. ...
    We love what you do.
    Awesome.
    The best.
    ? ? ? ? .........."No rest for the wicked".....(MS Blog) ? ? ? ?

markus schulz got #2 in the tranceaddicts poll..armin got #1 again.

1. Armin van Buuren NC
    2. Markus Schulz NC
    3. Above & Beyond NC
    4. Gareth Emery UP 2
    5. Sander van Doorn UP 3
    6. Ferry Corsten DOWN 2
    7. Paul van Dyk NC
    8. Tiesto DOWN 3
    9. Sean Tyas UP 11
    10. John Digweed NC

Quote Originally Posted by joshryan
    Just wait til Tranceaddict Top 250 comes out. Markus will probably be #2 again like he was last year.

I see that poll as more indicative of the more hardcore fans of edm and DJ Mag becoming more and more casual listeners and commercialized.
    Annnnd you were right somewhat.. He is number 2. Better than DJ Mag poll...