Markus' approach to the DJ Mag Top 100

Just dawned on me, that other than the one bulletin he or his management posted on facebook today, there has really been no mention of the DJ Mag Top 100 from Markus' camp. Yea in the Coldharbour Day it was mentioned in his set, but that's about it.

Nothing else on facebook, nothing on twitter, nothing on the site other than the small banner.

Ferry Corsten, Above & Beyond, Sander van Doorn, etc go above and beyond (no pun intended LOL) to get votes (videos, twitter comments, fb comments, emails, etc) but Markus takes more of the quiet approach.

AVB has also been super quiet in self promotion, but it doesn't really matter for him as a #1 spot is pretty much guaranteed.

Do you guys think it's better to just let the fans decide? Or is it better to harass them to no end for their vote.

Re: Markus' approach to the DJ Mag Top 100

I think it's better that way. A lot of DJs don't play like shit during the whole year, and 2 months before the poll closes they spam every forum or social network.

I think Markus realizes that it is no longer a contest of quality, but rather of popularity.

you guys are not on Markus email list i think.

I got a few "things to do" emails from him.
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/renecieremans
    Twitter : http://www.twitter.com/renecieremans

Going to:

Markus solo set at Space Ibiza 20-07-2011
    Markus vs Gareth at Space Ibiza 03-08-2011

Quote Originally Posted by OkiDokie
    I think it's better that way. A lot of DJs don't play like shit during the whole year, and 2 months before the poll closes they spam every forum or social network.

I think Markus realizes that it is no longer a contest of quality, but rather of popularity.
    definitely, but Markus still plays a big emphasis on the rankings. he see's it as an annual report card.

Markus lets his music do the talking, while most other DJs spam the shit out of Facebook etc. for months. Like i'm suddenly gonna vote for Deadmau5 just because my email inbox is full of messages asking me to...

Obviously i'm a huge Schulz fan anyway, but it shows what a great attitude he has towards what he does for a living.

He has stayed at an Equal status for 2 years in the 8th place if i am not mistaking...

I think the quiet approach has done him well this year.. the music has spoken for him I believe...I know he believes that too..
    Music speaks to the fans and we decide in the end who we want to represent us with there music... well thats the theory and Markus is the future I say

I hear more people liken Markus than AvB compared to years ago when AvB was favourite.. MArkus shift is occuring

Takes alot of time to travel to various gigs getting your name out there as you guys said popularity..

as a club DJ he's #1 as well to me.. no doubt in his skill and his performance whereever he goes..
    how he sucks you into his sets with those moody/darken tunes his own re-constructions
    definitely a unique artist out of the bunch..

one of my favourite vids of markus from this year playing his remix of rank1 - breathing at ASOT 450 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnCthflLG1M

he doesn't need an approach to DJ Mag anymore they should approach him with 1st spot.. thats the day i wanna hear about
    My Montly show DuB FanaticO Every 2nd week of the Month on TribalMixes RadiO

You Can also find me on TheMixingBowl , Twitter and Facebook

in my opinion, it's pointless for any of the dj's to post anything at all on facebook about the voting. everyone knows it's going on, and everyone that has an opinion already went and voted the first day anyway.. LOL. it's not like i'm going to see on my facebook feed whatever-random-dj post something about the poll and be like "o shit, let me go quick vote this person!" LOL

i know the poll goes on, i know who IMO deserves my vote, and i've already done it.
    but thank god it's over, so annoying to see that crap all over twitter & facebook. i did like the markus e-mail tho cuz it said "put the cat out" & i like cats HAHAHAHAHA <3 cute!

Quote Originally Posted by modthispny
    Just dawned on me, that other than the one bulletin he or his management posted on facebook today, there has really been no mention of the DJ Mag Top 100 from Markus' camp. Yea in the Coldharbour Day it was mentioned in his set, but that's about it.

Nothing else on facebook, nothing on twitter, nothing on the site other than the small banner.

Ferry Corsten, Above & Beyond, Sander van Doorn, etc go above and beyond (no pun intended LOL) to get votes (videos, twitter comments, fb comments, emails, etc) but Markus takes more of the quiet approach.

AVB has also been super quiet in self promotion, but it doesn't really matter for him as a #1 spot is pretty much guaranteed.

Do you guys think it's better to just let the fans decide? Or is it better to harass them to no end for their vote.
    ...you got me going on this, too.... You know, it annoys me as hell when people ('general mass...') associate trance with say, Tiesto, and that is not because he's the best but because of the popularity. Some may argue that popularity equals being better, but the measures taken to reach popularity are not the same.... gaining more fans because of music, or because you buy them.... 'Oh, click on *like* tiesto, and you will get a free [some lousy] track', or whatever freebie... and 'oh, blimey - we're reaching nearly such-and-such number of fans [look how cool I am, people like me]'...'Ah, you *like* me, now go vote for me, please please please' 5 times a day...

Surely Markus knows the politics, and hates this too therefore doesn't want to become one of those pests mentioning gazzilion times a day to vote for him. Not doing a hate campaign for any of the DJs, but....just some things really bug. The 'best/top' title might also mean 'most annoying/loudest shouting'...

We know [and spread the word] who the best is, and it would be really nice to see Markus titled, to pay off for all his efforts and blastingly amazing parties, GDJBs, albums and his black circles around the eyes....
    ? ? ? ? .........."No rest for the wicked".....(MS Blog) ? ? ? ?

well the approach markus is taking is really honorable.

he got my #1 vote.

anybody know where i an sign up to his mailing list?

thx.

Quote Originally Posted by modthispny
    well the approach markus is taking is really honorable.

he got my #1 vote.

anybody know where i an sign up to his mailing list?

thx.
    http://www.markusschulz.com/main.php

Right below on the page!