Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    18

    Markus Schulz - Future Cities (Transmission 2010 Anthem)

    Hey guys.
    I hope this isn't some kind of a spoiler, beacuse this is what I read on the official site of United Music (main promoter and organizer of the whole event):

    "Another one who comes back and belongs also already for years in the DJ mag top 10 and can be seen as the Transmission resident is the famous and beloved American/German DJ and producer Markus Schulz who after the great success of the Transmission anthem in 2008 The New World (video on Youtube was seen by more than 2.2 million visitors) once more will produce also for this year's edition the official Transmission anthem with the title Future Cities."

    From my memories back in 2008, the official trailer of Transmission 2008 had "The New World" as that edition's anthem in the backround, and if all of promoter's words are true, then this year's trailer has "Future Cities" in the backround (btw. the same track which is ID'd as no. 13 in Budapest World Tour Set 8-) )

    I just have to add, that if all of thid turns out official, then it's freaky awesome!!!

    Here is the link for the article and the trailer as well:

    http://www.unitedmusic.cz/en/news/trans ... e-line-up/

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,035

    Re: Markus Schulz - Future Cities (Transmission 2010 Anthem)

    Hmmmm, interesting.

    Going by the trailer for Transmission though...the song isn't that great. Not bad. But really kind of average. Maybe I'll give the Budapest WT a re-listen to get a better/longer clip.
    @ Atlanta: 09.18.08, 04.23.09, 07.07.10
    @ Charlotte: 09.25.08, 04.02.09, 11.20.09, 09.24.10
    @ Miami: 03.29.08, 03.23.10, 03.26.10, 03.11.11

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    18

    Re: Markus Schulz - Future Cities (Transmission 2010 Anthem)

    Quote Originally Posted by jimaeus
    Hmmmm, interesting.

    Going by the trailer for Transmission though...the song isn't that great. Not bad. But really kind of average. Maybe I'll give the Budapest WT a re-listen to get a better/longer clip.
    Maybe it won't beat The New World, but it's more and more delicious when you replay it

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    869

    Re: Markus Schulz - Future Cities (Transmission 2010 Anthem)

    It's deliciously offline now :P


  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    620

    Re: Markus Schulz - Future Cities (Transmission 2010 Anthem)

    Quote Originally Posted by Seth.C

    Maybe it won't beat The New World, but it's more and more delicious when you replay it
    +1

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hungary/Pécs
    Posts
    2,690

    Re: Markus Schulz - Future Cities (Transmission 2010 Anthem)

    Hmm. Really nice track. Markus played it first in Avalon, and this track was ID there. (He played it before Sander's Reach Out.)

    World Tour Budapest Supporter | GDJB Listener | Coldharbour Recordings Lover

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,702

    Re: Markus Schulz - Future Cities (Transmission 2010 Anthem)

    I still don't understand why it has the usual Tenishia bassline and the "click" from Flesh 2010.
    But the melody's cool as always.

  8. #8
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    4,960

    Re: Markus Schulz - Future Cities (Transmission 2010 Anthem)

    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer
    I still don't understand why it has the usual Tenishia bassline and the "click" from Flesh 2010.
    But the melody's cool as always.
    The important thing to remember here is that those elements that "appear" in Flesh are actually added by Markus himself in his big room recon (compare the original of Flesh with the one he has played).

    So they technically have been Markus' sounds all along, but because nobody had a clue he had completely revamped Flesh until it got released, it's easy to make that assumpttion.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,695

    Re: Markus Schulz - Future Cities (Transmission 2010 Anthem)

    the tenishia remix of lifted also has similar parts to flesh 2010.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,702

    Re: Markus Schulz - Future Cities (Transmission 2010 Anthem)

    Quote Originally Posted by ImpactPlayaz
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer
    I still don't understand why it has the usual Tenishia bassline and the "click" from Flesh 2010.
    But the melody's cool as always.
    The important thing to remember here is that those elements that "appear" in Flesh are actually added by Markus himself in his big room recon (compare the original of Flesh with the one he has played).

    So they technically have been Markus' sounds all along, but because nobody had a clue he had completely revamped Flesh until it got released, it's easy to make that assumpttion.
    Nope I'm not talking about the loop he added... I'm talking about the original.

    I'll upload some parts to tell you what I mean... G2G in a few minutes.

Similar Threads

  1. Markus Schulz Live Transmission: Future Cities (06-11-2010)
    By ImpactPlayaz in forum Other Markus Schulz Tracklists
    Replies: 379
    Last Post: 28-11-10, 07:00 PM
  2. [video] Transmission - Future Cities 2010
    By dtR in forum Markus Schulz Gigs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-11-10, 06:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •