[CLHR101] Coldharbour 100: Best of Coldharbour Remixed Pt 1

Coldharbour 100: The Best of Coldharbour Remixed Part 1

Release Label: Coldharbour Recordings
    Release Code: CLHR101
    Release Date: August 16th 2010

Probspot - Blueberry (Rex Mundi Remix)
    Attention Deficit - What (Arnej Remix)
    Benya - Prometheus (Tucandeo Remix)
    Arnej - They Always Come Back (Barnes & Heatcliff Remix)
    Skytech - Cardboard Box (Ummet Ozcan Remix)

Available to purchase digitally on Beatport by Clicking Here

Just over six years ago, the seeds of Markus Schulz’s remarkable story through Coldharbour Recordings were sewn, through the release of the first ever Coldharbour Selections. After crossing the milestone of 100 releases on the main Coldharbour label, thanks to Markus’ revival of the iconic Perception alongside Justine Suissa, he embarks on celebrating some of the hallmark moments from the back catalogue, and reviving them with some modern remixes for 2010.

As part of our continuing Summer of Schulz 2010 strand of events, the month of August will be highlighted by two special releases – accumulating a total of 10 classic Coldharbour tracks remixed.

Let’s introduce you to the five which have been selected for the first package.

Every story has a beginning, and for Coldharbour followers, their story begins with the iconic “Blueberry” by Rico Soarez under his Probspot alias. Released in the summer of 2004, the track is cited as one of Markus Schulz’s defining moments as a DJ, and remains one of the biggest anthems in his livesets even today.

With its hallmarked status, the task of remixing it would be daunting for everyone. But one of the biggest Coldharbour heroes of the past couple of years stepped up to the task. Rex Mundi, fresh from his beautiful “Opera of Northern Ocean” release, gives a tough and techy take on the original, whilst maintaining the beautiful melody and soul throughout. Primed for the dancefloors, it has been a regular feature in Markus’ livesets this summer.

Take yourself back to late 2003, when Markus Schulz was a weekly resident at Space in Miami. One track never left his live playlists from that time, rocking dancefloors across the world and becoming a key component of the Miami ’05 compilation. Dave Dresden and Ryeland Allison’s project may have been short-lived, but their production “What” as Attention Deficit made a huge impression on many listeners for several years.

The original was a huge influence on Arnej, and when he discovered the details behind the Coldharbour 100 project, he specifically requested the opportunity to remix this track in particular. And in typical Arnej fashion, he serves up a chunky and melodic combination that is sure to leave an impression on listeners and dancefloors as we move into the fall season.

Benya - Prometheus (Tucandeo Remix)

Denmark’s Ben Bording contributed a trademark slice of Coldharbour in late 2005 with his effort “Prometheus”. Due to its instant rapport with the fans, the track became one of the anthems of the first Global DJ Broadcast Ibiza Summer Sessions season almost a year later, and continues to educate newer Coldharbour fans with the roots of the label today.

Continuing the vintage Coldharbour vibe in remix format are Irish duo Tucandeo, made up of friends Kevin Murphy and Danny Cullen, who themselves have staked their claim as the Coldharbour MVPs for 2010 thanks to tracks such as “Waiting for the Sun” and “Far from Reality”. Immediately picking up the Global Selection accolade after being debuted on Global DJ Broadcast in July, they continue to go from strength to strength with this effort.

Arnej - They Always Come Back (Barnes & Heatcliff Remix)

Toronto’s Arney Secerkadic has had a whirlwind couple of years on the production front, elevating himself to one of the most in-demand producers of today. Many believe his signature moment came as Markus Schulz kicked off the 2008 World Tour, debuting his single “They Always Come Back” to a capacity crowd in Vancouver. It laid down a marker for what would be one of the defining sounds of 2008.

Austrian duo David Barnes & Daniel Heatcliff, who turned heads with their remix of Dakota’s “Johnny the Fox” in 2009, return to Coldharbour and give They Always Come Back a refresh in their unique and imitable style. Already championed by Markus and Arnej in the 2010 Coldharbour Day celebrations, this will continue to keep dancefloors grooving for the remainder of the year.

Not forgetting those tracks who rocked the Coldharbour world in 2009, Markus selected one of his biggest anthems from the clubs and the World Tour sets for remix treatment, in the form of “Cardboard Box” by Polish duo Skytech. Between its appearance on Toronto ’09 and generating some huge reactions from Poland to Ibiza, the track has been Skytech’s biggest hit to date.

But to give it that tough and upftont treatment, Markus selected one of the biggest talents to come out of the Netherlands in the past year. With tracks such as Timewave Zero and Next Phase (the latter appearing on Las Vegas ’10), Ummet Ozcan delivers a traditionally bassline-and energy driven effort, which graced the World Tour broadcast in Moscow and received a hero’s response at Poland’s Sunrise Festival.

Five tracks revisited and each a key component in Coldharbour’s history. With another five to come, the celebration of Coldharbour 100 has only just begun.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYnumANSalc[/youtube[

[youtube:36o9p035]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr4ZrCAvBes[/youtube:36o9p035]

[youtube:36o9p035]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-dRJHJcyJs[/youtube:36o9p035]

Re: [CLHR101] Coldharbour 100: Best of Coldharbour Remixed P

Great selection, VERY looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer
    +1

Im wondering what's the second part going to be like, perhaps slightly faster version tracks like MrPitt Sky Traffic...?
    ? ? ? ? .........."No rest for the wicked".....(MS Blog) ? ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by MissZivile
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer
    +1

Im wondering what's the second part going to be like, perhaps slightly faster version tracks like MrPitt Sky Traffic...?
    Language and Daylight for sure. It has nothing to do with the BPM I think. Cardboard Box (Ummet Ozcan Remix) is around 134 BPM I think, or 132.

Damn, Language is going to be on the 2nd release then? That's my favorite so far.

Phynn did a work of art.
    @ Atlanta: 09.18.08, 04.23.09, 07.07.10
    @ Charlotte: 09.25.08, 04.02.09, 11.20.09, 09.24.10
    @ Miami: 03.29.08, 03.23.10, 03.26.10, 03.11.11

So only two remain unknown still?

Lentos - Forget About Us (TyDi Remix)
    Hammer & Bennett - Language (Phynn Remix)
    Funabashi - Daylight (Estiva Remix)
    ???
    ???

I wonder what they'll be...

Quote Originally Posted by jimaeus
    So only two remain unknown still?

Lentos - Forget About Us (TyDi Remix)
    Hammer & Bennett - Language (Phynn Remix)
    Funabashi - Daylight (Estiva Remix)
    ???
    ???

I wonder what they'll be...
    That first one hasn't been confirmed yet. But... a tyDi remix wouldn't be surprising of course.

I thought TyDi confirmed he did remix Forget About Us? Or do you mean it isn't confirmed he remixed it for Coldharbour 100?

I'm probably gonna get my arse kicked for saying this, but I really ain't feeling Rex's new remix of Blueberry! Don't like that whatsoever Every other remix that I've heard from this package is amazing, but Blueberry just isn't doing anything for me this time round.

Meh, to each his own. I've gotten annoyed with all the "omg you don't like such and such by what's his name?" Although I did put my friend on blast for telling me he hated Halcyon On & On by Orbital. That's just inexcusable.

Did you like the original Blueberry? Very understandable to not like new remixes from classics. I hate how people whine over a classic being remade/remixed, but it is understandable to not like the new version.