Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What Happened

Re: What Happened

Markus' live sets (unfortunately I've only seen him twice) that I've been to or listened on GDJB are always full of surprises. You can't really predict a TL because he doesn't play the same tracks every single set. Obviously he'll play his hits because the crowd wants to hear them and there will be people seeing/listening for the first time.

All things evolve, if he were to be playing the exact same thing over and over at every set, you would probably get bored. You can still hear that dark signature sound on Markus' new album. Yeah there's a bit more vocal tracks but he doesn't play each and every one at his live sets. He plays what the crowd wants to hear and will enjoy.

To be honest, I dont mind the vocals.
    Vocals are usually the minority and it's always good to break the sequence of the instrumentals: hearing some vocals is refreshing. But when it's ALL THE TIME a la Armin, it gets tiring.

Also, as far as vocals go, GIRLS LOVE VOCALS. And let's be honest, if you're at a show/club, chances are there will be TONS of females. And you want them to have fun, dance and enjoy the show. You want them to STAY ON THE DANCEFLOOR at all times, and playing vocals will help with this.

Regardless of what anybody tells me, if you're a real human being (which I doubt all of us are lol), and you're at a show... besides the music and having fun, the other factor for having a great night is: BEAUTIFUL WOMEN. And this is where being a dj that knows how to read the crowd comes into play.

Enter: Markus Schulz.

Markus is a real dj. So if the show or crowd calls for some vocals, i'm sure he'll see this and capitalize on it. And honestly, I dont have a problem with this.

Also, vocals on albums = sales! Nothing wrong with that either since it attracts the masses.

In conclusion, I love the sound of Markus. I've seen him every time he's been in Colorado, even the after party at Global Dance Festival last year where there were only like 100 people around 3 am and Markus played an epic set.

Vocals or no vocals, it's quality music, regardless.
    So shut up and dance.

he did encore with nothing at all at avalon at but that's after a 4.5hr set..and it was an encore so..no issues with that.

I attend quite a few EDM parties and to be honest there are less females at trance parties than almost any other genre...I don't mind though. =P
    @mberell@
    The DJ, the Music & ME
    twitter.com/amberella06

Quote Originally Posted by Denshin-Dimension
    Also, as far as vocals go, GIRLS LOVE VOCALS.
    Vocals or no vocals, it's quality music, regardless.
    So shut up and dance.
    I could not resist not commenting on the above!
    Man...I agree with pretty much all you say but - please - do not generalize that girls love vocals.... Interesting - is this why most clubs play rubbish music?... You get fed up standing by the bar with cocktail wiggling your assets and waiting for a good tune ...

Vocals or no vocals, it has nothing to do with us staying or not staying on the floor ... we do love good music too
    (But if god-forbid our make up runs, then even the nicest tune will hardly keep girls on the dance floor)

And I hope other DJs know that!!!
    ? ? ? ? .........."No rest for the wicked".....(MS Blog) ? ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by modthispny
    he did encore with nothing at all at avalon at but that's after a 4.5hr set..and it was an encore so..no issues with that.
    No problems at all! I was stoked that he played it.
    what's up and welcome

http://twitter.com/jdub889