Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Markus Schulz @ Nocturnal Festival 2010 Los Angeles

Markus Schulz along w Ferry Corsten.

going to be an epic night..i love the nos events center.

Re: Markus Schulz @ Nocturnal Festival 2010 Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by modthispny
    Markus Schulz along w Ferry Corsten.

going to be an epic night..i love the nos events center.
    I wish it was in LA. Nocturnal is in San Bernardino, which is such an annoying trip from LA. Hate going out there, but so far it looks like Markus, Ferry, Steve Angello, and Tritonal. Hard to justify missing that!
    what's up and welcome

http://twitter.com/jdub889

it's technically still in Los Angeles. What's wrong with the drive there? Takes a little over an hour from downtown LA.

where are you coming from?

How is it technically in LA? It's not even in LA County.

I'm in the south bay (south west of LA near the coast), so it's a bit of a trek for me, especially considering the traffic that piles up getting into the area. But it's worth it for Markus (and Ferry) though! Psyched for this weekend.
    what's up and welcome

here are set times.

can't believe markus plays BEFORE atb :evil:

i wonder if markus will play a harder set since he's right after simon patterson.

good point, i hope he does :twisted: ... would make it pretty tough on ATB to follow though, since he tends to play a very light set
    what's up and welcome

my review copied over from TA.

"my 2 cents on the event.

"apparently" steve angello threw a hissy fit when he was told he had to play in the 'old' stage..and said if he doesn't play in the new stage, that he would not play at all. i know how rumors start, but an employee told me this, not sure about the validity but thought i'd pass it along.

and yea, the house stage was MUCH nicer. better lighting, sound, everything. trance got shafted again. the trance stage got really hot, but as the nice progressed and there was a flow of traffic, it got cooler but man it was hot when markus schulz went on.

i was just going back and forth mostly during menno and simons set, but menno played some great songs and simon was really delivering hard trance.

so markus schulz went one, and like always, delivered. i love the siren perception intro, i thought it was a little too slow for a festival but he banged it out soon after...one thing my friend and i noticed was that the volume level wasn't that high for markus, what did you guys think?

he played a lot of the tunes i've heard in play during the past 2-3 months, but most of them were fitting for a rave, so if it works, it works..and for the most part it did. he played 2 ID songs and just had a pretty good assortment of music. his mixing was flawless, a+ interaction with crowd..you kind of get used to it from markus so i wasn't blow away. very surprised that he played both daydream and perfect..but it was awesome. they are great tunes. the only 'bad' songs IMO were do you dream and also the pvd song, anywhere but home or whatever its called.

atb started great, but everything bad that was said about him was absolutely true. from his horrible mixing skills, to even worse song selection..there were times that i couldnt believe there was actually a world known dj up there. i like how he would sample in 9pm till i come every 10 min..he threw in a few pop/rock songs which didn't just work and i had no idea that he would actually sing in some of his songs...started great but went down the train very fast, very soon.

and i couldnt really get into ferrys set, as predicted, he played ferry's top 10 best singles, and threw in some songs from his compilation. his set was kinda boring and IMO just didn't do it for me.

all in all, great venue, we parked across the street for free..insomniac did a great job in making sure everything went smoothly..hopefully next year they bring in two of those tents and make everybody happy."

awesome set from markus as always ... i skipped ATB because i knew he was going to stink it up... and i disagree about ferry, i thought he played a great set for only having 1.5 hrs to work with, dropping most of his crowd favorites while still mixing in new tracks.

i went nuts when sky traffic came down (no surprise there) but a few songs later markus played an ID i'd never heard before. i think i also heard the GDJB NYC ID in there somewhere. did he play the DNS project one?
    what's up and welcome

Quote Originally Posted by jdub889
    awesome set from markus as always ... i skipped ATB because i knew he was going to stink it up... and i disagree about ferry, i thought he played a great set for only having 1.5 hrs to work with, dropping most of his crowd favorites while still mixing in new tracks.

i went nuts when sky traffic came down (no surprise there) but a few songs later markus played an ID i'd never heard before. i think i also heard the GDJB NYC ID in there somewhere. did he play the DNS project one?
    exactly. the 10 crowd favorites he always plays.

he played 2 ID's, the electric zoo one and also the one that sounds like svd renegade. that was song right after perception.

which one is the DNS id?

Quote Originally Posted by modthispny
    Quote Originally Posted by jdub889

exactly. the 10 crowd favorites he always plays.

he played 2 ID's, the electric zoo one and also the one that sounds like svd renegade. that was song right after perception.

which one is the DNS id?
    He didn't play the DNS Project ID @ Electric Zoo and it doesn't like Renegade. :P So... none of them.
    He hasn't played it since Coldharbour Day!