Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Markus Schulz feat. Justine Suissa - Perception .:. 3 Au

Ok guys here is the dealio:

When I did the original bootleg I did it using samples of the original version of Perception. When I added Justine's vocal, it was to the original bootleg version.

When the deal was made that I could use this song on my album, the on stipulation was that I was not allowed to use any of the original samples. I had to go and remake each sound as close as possible to the original to keep the soul, but make it obvious that they were not the original sample (Copyright issues that to me I still don't full understand).

It came down to never being able to do anything with the original 2008 bootleg and just play it in my sets or re-do the sounds and use it on my album.

Re: Markus Schulz feat. Justine Suissa - Perception | 03-08-

voted for 2008 remix ... But the reason is completely logical...

October 30th. 2009 --- San Salvador
    March 31st. 2010 --- Guatemala
    June 17th. 2011 --- Pacha NYC http://youtu.be/PaQKR2FCTr0
    October 31th. 2012 --- Guatemala

Quote Originally Posted by MarkusSchulz

When I did the original bootleg I did it using samples of the original version of Perception. When I added Justine's vocal, it was to the original bootleg version.

When the deal was made that I could use this song on my album, the on stipulation was that I was not allowed to use any of the original samples. I had to go and remake each sound as close as possible to the original to keep the soul, but make it obvious that they were not the original sample (Copyright issues that to me I still don't full understand).

It came down to never being able to do anything with the original 2008 bootleg and just play it in my sets or re-do the sounds and use it on my album.
    Well better a release than no release. Thank you for answering!

Your 2008 interpretation is the greatest track of the last 5 years in my opinion, the copyright stuff is such a shame.

I like it this way to be honest, this way Cass & Slide keep their version of Perception and now Markus has his own version. Similar, but they end up being two different, but totally amazing songs.

Obviously the 2008 Bootleg will always be #1 though.
    @ Atlanta: 09.18.08, 04.23.09, 07.07.10
    @ Charlotte: 09.25.08, 04.02.09, 11.20.09, 09.24.10
    @ Miami: 03.29.08, 03.23.10, 03.26.10, 03.11.11

Thanks for clearing that up Markus. The full version's great, (although it suffered from being shortened for the album IMO.) The original bootleg is as close to perfect as i've heard though, such an amazing update of a classic that brings it right up to date without losing any of the original's feel.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkusSchulz

Meh. Please, play that 2008 dub recon. again as soon as possible in GDJB, without any voice on it!