Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Markus @ Amnesia 2010

Quote Originally Posted by ed0ni
    Quote Originally Posted by maria111
    sorry for beeing off topic but seriously are they going to broadcast the solo?or any set from his gigs?
    As far as i know they never broadcast any sets. Except his solo set last year which was recorded and broadcasted months later on afterhours
    i dont understand that much the policy they have anyway at least the solo is something from thing at all (as the song says :lol: )

Official GDJB Greek Supporter

Twitter http://twitter.com/velvetmorning82

Quote Originally Posted by Ericc B
    If you wanna see Markus' full set make sure you show up at 11 PM. Because around midnight there's already a big queue for taxis in San Antonio, so by going early will avoid that too. The disco buses are always late, so chances of missing part of the set are even bigger with those.

In the past Amnesia would actually let people in at 11, last year they adopted the nasty USA habit of letting people wait outside till after midnight. Not a big disaster though, because you will be there outside with a bunch of other big Markus fans, so it's actually a great way to meet cool people
    Fully agree on this one.
    We only missed about the first 20 minutes of his set, because we were last in line
    Party-schedule (with Markus playing)
    10-20-2011 DJ Mag Awards @ Passenger Terminal, Amsterdam
    11-19-2011 Transmission @ O2 Arena, Prague

Quote Originally Posted by Ericc B
    Quote Originally Posted by hollygallager
    Can anyone tell me what to expect? I'm going to be staying in San Antonio area, and I know there are discobuses.. Basically any info would be helpful
    San Antonio is the worst town to stay in on Ibiza. 98% of the summer population is obnoxious drunk English pricks. If you have a chance to change your location I would recommend Ibiza Town, much more relaxed. Or some of the more inland hotels. You'll need a rental car for those though.

Amnesia is located directly on the road between San Antonio and Ibiza Town and about halfway, so traveling distance is equal (15-20 minutes). You can go there by regular bus, disco bus or taxi. Taxis are relatively inexpensive and trustworthy. If you wanna see Markus' full set make sure you show up at 11 PM. Because around midnight there's already a big queue for taxis in San Antonio, so by going early will avoid that too. The disco buses are always late, so chances of missing part of the set are even bigger with those.

In the past Amnesia would actually let people in at 11, last year they adopted the nasty USA habit of letting people wait outside till after midnight. Not a big disaster though, because you will be there outside with a bunch of other big Markus fans, so it's actually a great way to meet cool people

Ooo thank you for the info! I reserved a hotel in San Antonio, but only had to put $15 down upfront, which I don't mind losing if I decide to stay somewhere else. I originally chose San Antonio because it's on the west side (sunsets & wine ftw!)
    I can research places to death but there really is nothing more valuable than advice from someone who has actually been there!

I looked into rental cars but it would be about $250 for the 2.5 days I'll be there... which is a bit expensive! AND they don't seem to have any automatic cars on the island HAHAHA and I don't drive stick ops: ops:

I will definitely get to the show early, I hate waiting outside! I need to hear the full 8 hours HAHAHA. I hope I do get to meet some cool Markus fans!! I honestly have no fears at this point of going alone but I also love meeting people and communicating on facebook or whatever about what shows we've been going to in our respective parts of the globe HAHAHAHA. So fun.

Have any advice for best beaches or restaurants?

Have any advice for best beaches or restaurants?
    I don't remember the exact name of the place, but watch the sunset where Cafe del mar is located. We had some cocktails there and then went to Savannah (next to Cafe del Mar) to eat. We had a really great evening

hmmz...The more I think of it, the more jealous I become
    Have fun girl and just enjoy every minute
    We stayed for 10 days and when I was on the flight back home I just couldn't believe it was already over.

Yep, date is confirmed..10th of August Markus on fire!!
    I will never forget his Solo-Set at Club Panama A'dam :shock:

..been to Ibiza before, to many years ago.. :cry:
    Can somebody help me were to buy those tickets???

Quote Originally Posted by Gullie78
    Can somebody help me were to buy those tickets???
    Try the site of Alda events.
    You can also buy tickets at Ibiza at almost every corner of the streets

Edit: http://www.tuesdaysamnesia.com/tickets (found the link at Alda Events)

Ooo
    Okay so tickets are 40 euro, or $48 for GA
    "Vip Entrance & access to balcony" is 60 euro ($72) ...

Is it worth the extra $$ to do vip balcony? I have no idea how the club is setup..

Ooo
    Okay so tickets are 40 euro, or $48 for GA
    "Vip Entrance & access to balcony" is 60 euro ($72) ...

Is it worth the extra $$ to do vip balcony? I have no idea how the club is setup..
    I have no idea what extra's you'll get in the Vip-area, but if it's only for the "view" and "space" I won't pay the extra money. Although we were there in september last year and august might be a bit more crowded??

You can find some pics at the website of amnesia.es

I´m living and workin in ibiza this summer, have been since May but comin home in august i think. san an isn´t as bad as this dude is making out, just steer clear of the lager louts and the west end and ur good.

armada opening last week was BANGING, armin gone up rapidly in my estimations after that. missed jerome as i only got into amnesia at 3 but armin played till 7.

I need to know set times for tomorrow night if anyone has them? I should know myself but had food poisioning last few days and been off the ball.

if anyone knows can u txt me please or call on my spanish mobile 0034 646333475 or add me on facebook - ben leo - brighton and hove network before tomoz night!!!

as for tonight. sven vath at cocoon! adios amigos xxx

D*mn...Finally decided to go to Ibiza for the solo-night, but now nobody can come with me