Administrator

Global DJ Broadcast: Top 40 - Best of 2009

Global DJ Broadcast: Top 40 - Best of 2009

Another year is in the books, and it has been another wonderful year of tunes featured on Markus Schulz's Global DJ Broadcast.

Now on over 30 FM and online stations worldwide, millions flock to their radios and computers each week to listen to Markus' unique interpretation and vision of trance.

To celebrate the end of 2009, Markus has compiled a personal Top 40 chart, featuring all the tracks that were huge on his World Tour performances, and many approved by the fans themselves through weekly Global Selection voting.

Taking top spot is no surprise. Markus' personal favorite track of the year, a record Global Selection holder, and one that he regards as one of the most important releases in the history of Coldharbour Recordings. Featuring the wonderful vocals of Susana, Rex Mundi's Nothing at All will long remain as a championed anthem for years to come.

2009 was the year when Markus finally resurrected his Dakota alias, and 4 of his biggest tracks from the Thoughts Become Things album feature here.

The Coldharbour roster is well represented, featuring tracks by artists such as Lentos, Elevation, Skytech and Arnej, and sitting alongside some of the breakout stars of the year, such as Estiva, Ashley Wallbridge, DJ Eco and Moonbeam.

As well as his Dakota work, Markus was busy on the remix front in 2009, starting off with Bittersweet Nightshade, and continuing with Bal en Blanc anthem Dressed in White. And for the first time, Markus' long awaited remix of John O'Callaghan's Big Sky is exclusively available as part of this Top 40 package.

These are the tracks which we will look back on with fond memories, because it was the fans, as well as Markus, who helped decide the outcome of this chart through their weekly Global Selection picks.

In summary, the Global DJ Broadcast Top 40 for 2009 is:

01. Rex Mundi feat. Susana - Nothing at All (Original Mix)
    02. Dakota - Sin City (Rex Mundi Remix)
    03. Steve Aries feat. Lavoie - Dressed in White (Markus Schulz Coldharbour Remix)
    04. Moonbeam & Blackfeel Wite - First Night (Elevation Remix)
    05. John O'Callaghan feat. Audrey Gallagher - Big Sky (Markus Schulz Remix)
    06. Dakota - Johnny the Fox (Barnes & Heatcliff Remix)
    07. Elevation - Biscayne (Original Mix)
    08. Rafael Frost - Red (Original Mix)
    09. DJ Eco - Borealis (Original Mix)
    10. Lentos - Forget About Us (Barnes & Heatcliff Remix)
    11. Estiva - Fading Freedom (Original Mix)
    12. Ashley Wallbridge - Harrier
    13. Skytech - Cardboard Box (Original Mix)
    14. Super8 & Tab - Elektra (Original Mix Edit)
    15. Dakota - Chinook (Original Mix)
    16. Purple Haze - Bliksem
    17. Dr. Willis & Junkyard Dog feat. Antonia Lucas - Here She Comes (David Forbes Remix)
    18. White Stars - Like a Wind
    19. Dakota - Koolhaus (Original Mix)
    20. R.E.N.O.I.S.E. - Dead Wishes
    21. Gai Barone - Lilith (Original Mix)
    22. Marco Joosten vs. E.C. - Offshore
    23. Bartlett & Dyor - Floating Beyond (Lange Remix)
    24. Nitrous Oxide - Magenta (Original Mix Edit)
    25. DJ Eco - American Blues (DJ Eco & Martin Roth Edit)
    26. Mac & Monday - Touching the Sound (Original Mix)
    27. Josh Gabriel pres. Winter Kills - Deep Down (Original Mix)
    28. Tritonal feat. Cristina Soto - Crash Into Reason (Moonbeam Remix)
    29. Arnej - There Are No Coincidences
    30. Mike Foyle pres. Statica - Bittersweet Nightshade (Markus Schulz Return to Coldharbour Remix)
    31. Paul Trainer - Seize the Day
    32. Beat Service - Insider
    33. Rozza - London to Bangkok (Estiva Remix)
    34. Timmy & Tommy - Ascension (Original Mix)
    35. Andy Moor & Ashley Wallbridge feat. Meighan Nealon - Faces (Ben Gold Remix)
    36. Fabio XB & Ronnie Play feat. Gabriel Cage - Inside of You (Cosmic Gate Remix)
    37. Ummet Ozcan vs. W&W - Synergy (Original Mix)
    38. Moonbeam feat. Avis Vox - About You (Vocal Mix)
    39. clAud9 - Rain (Coldharbour Vocal Rework)
    40. Dennis de Laat - Every Breath (Anthem Instrumental Mix)

You can purchase this Top 15 from iTunes at one of the following links below:

United States and Canada: Click Here

Rest of the World: Click Here

Alternatively, simply open the iTunes Store and search for "Global DJ Broadcast"

The Top 15 is also available at digital download portals Beatport, Trackitdown, Juno Download, and Audiojelly, and is also available through all Amazon digital download services.

Global DJ Broadcast, providing the soundtrack for Coldharbour Citizens worldwide in 2009.

See you all in 2010!

Re: Global DJ Broadcast: Top 40 - Best of 2009

This is JAM packed obviously!!--- Freaking awesome.

i love that Claud9 Rain got in there - I think that song was SO underrated this year, i have distinct memories of the first few times i evver heard that song and how much it hit me omg!!
    "I'm really digging his sets lately- hopefully this will help me to get 2 weeks worth of work done in the next hour or so..." -twin, Sam.

Re: Global DJ Broadcast: Top 40 - Best of 2009

Ok I know I haven't posted in awhile but I want to show my appreciation for having 2 tracks finally released on this composition:

John O'Callaghan feat. Audrey Gallagher - Big Sky (Markus Schulz Remix)

Steve Aries feat. Lavoie - Dressed in White (Markus Schulz Coldharbour Remix)

I couldn't say thanks enough for this..

I never thought the Big Sky remix would ever be released and guess what? Now I have a copy of it for myself (unmixed)...

Just amazing