Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

All GDJB episodes

Does anyone have a list of all the episodes of GDJB that were ever broadcast and the dates?

I have found an extensive tracklist page that dates back all the way to 2003 but the episodes from 2002 are missing...

http://www.nightclubber.com.ar/foro/57/ ... ylist.html

Administrator

Re: All GDJB episodes

You can have a look at the link below, most of the GDJB tracklist archives on the web have been copied from here:
    viewforum.php?f=19

The 2002 one is still a bit of a work in progress. I have spent some time over the past year going through them and IDing as much as I can. But it's very time consuming as you'd imagine.

OMG how could I oversee that section ops:

I did a search and saw all the regular entries but I have a tendency to not see sticky topics on forums even if they're right up there in my face :lol:

Anyway thumbs up for the all the effort in compiling all these, that is a humongous job indeed. I was looking for a list of all episodes so I could start adding episodes numbers to my files, like basically all radio shows have. Always been wondering why Markus doesn't do that.

Administrator

The numbering system has always been a common question asked to him, but his response is that he was always just used to naming a show by the date it was broadcasted, just like it would have been when he was doing "Edge Factor" on an FM station in Phoenix in the 90s.

Then when GDJB started, it was treated the same way, since it was airing on Party 93.1 FM in Miami. Sometimes there were shows on both Saturday and Sunday nights, and during Winter Music Conference week, there was a show every night.

So it's just been a continuation of that, even though GDJB has been in syndication since March 2005. The numbering system only really took off I guess when the number of internet shows and stations exploded earlier in the decade. I can't remember if Armin deliberately started numbering ASOT from the very beginning.

I did do a rough check at the number of GDJB episodes, and I think we passed the 400th episode this past September. We're roughly around 25-30 behind ASOT.

Ah that explains why there are some odd sequential dates in here and there.

I guess the good thing is if you don't number the show you don't have to throw expensive celebration parties either :lol:

Administrator

I prefer the shows having listed by dates cause it makes it easier to identify the music that was played on that year.

I found some old episodes from 2002 (those musics are pretty weird and bizarre sometimes :P ) and i'm about to get the episodes from 2003. I possess most of them.

Seeing the GDJB tracklist section and i'm just wondering about 2003 april. Any episode from that month? Or just the tracklist who's missing?

Ideas? Thanx for advance

Anyway I have all the episodes from year 2004 on 4 dvds

So many guestmixes and essentials w/ Markus... ahh old times... 8-)

how many episodes of gdjb

just curious how many episodes there have been for gdjb.

Re: how many episodes of gdjb

I think there are around 450-460 episodes. :roll:

Re: how many episodes of gdjb

GDJB started in May 2002, so:

2002: 52 - 17 = 35
    2003: 52
    2004: 52

etc.

Around 451 episodes. :P