Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Re: Official New Users Thread !! Introduce yourself...

I have posted in here before, and realized I have never properly introduced myself. So I'll probably write a book.

My name is Clark. I was introduced to this music at the age of 22 by a friend in New York City in 2004. He had me listen to some mixes from a club in New York City, Webster Hall, then Paul van Dyk, and then Digweed. In retrospect, my friend had a carefully prescribed order to my exposure, and was very particular of the way I spoke about the music. I realized how delicate introducing someone to this kind of music is, and I'm glad I had a good coach! That friend had been in the scene since the early 2000's when the New York City clubbing scene was at its peak with Carl Cox, Sasha & Digweed maintaining residencies at former clubs Spirit and Twilo.

After that, I heard enough, and was ready to explore my own tastes. Since then, electronic dance music has been a passion in my life. My friends and I have made it a part of our lives, and it's sort of a way of living for us.

I currently reside in Boston, MA and New York City, NY. I study architecture at a university in Boston, and work in New York City. I frequent as many events as I can in the north east United States. At this very moment, I'm enjoying the first disc off Toronto '09 in preparation for Tom Middleton (UK) at a small club in Boston: Rise. If anyone has a chance, or a reason to come to Boston for clubbing, be sure to stop by Club Rise on their only open days: Friday and Saturday. It certainly is my favorite club for an intimate atmosphere. They don't draw the top international DJ's. The club honestly isn't about that, and it's better for it. I draw the parallel to the way Markus speaks of Toronto to Rise with that warm, close, welcoming atmosphere; it's almost like a family.

My first exposure to Markus Schulz was more recent than I care to admit. I fell in love with his "I Am," track off Armin's "A State of Trance 2007" compilation, and I just had to have more. I started following Global DJ Broadcast thereafter, and it has become my favorite, and only broadcast I follow each and every week. It was a little while longer that I had the opportunity to see Markus Schulz live, but that moment was what really got me hooked. It was at a New Year's event in Montreal, Quebec: Resolution '08. Markus Schulz played 0900 - 1100, and it was the highlight of the night/weekend for me. I fell in love with the deep, dark, melodic sounds Markus has become famous for.

He really blew my mind at Parkwest for the Winter Music Conference in Miami, FL in 2008. His set time was 0300 - 0700, but he stayed on for an extra hour until 0800. Armin van Buuren played before him from 1230 - 0300, and they spent awhile in the DJ booth together. From Markus' set, "Arnej - They Always Come Back" seemed like it was a 15 minute track, and memorable for me to this day. The experience of that night marks the highlight of his performances for me.

I'm looking forward to getting my passport a little dirty this year with an Ibiza trip brewing in late August. I'll be studying abroad in Berlin, Gemany for the fall thereafter, and I'll be sure to check out his residency at Ministry of Sound, London in September for sure!

Thanks, and hello to all!

=)
    Upoming Shows:
    4/22 Simian Mobile Disco @ Paradise Lounge
    4/24 Tom Middleton @ Rise
    4/25 Giuseppe Ottaviani @ Love
    5/2 Digi Live @ Cask N' Flagon
    5/8 Sander van Doorn @ Pacha
    5/9 Crystal Method @ Webster Hall
    5/15 Deadmau5 @ Webster Hall

Hi to all,
    My name is Nenad, and i'm from Belgrade/Serbia,
    I'm a big fan of Markus and i hope ill hear him soon in my town.
    Cheers to ALL
    ??? ?? ???. ?? ????? ????? ??.
    01010100 01101000 01100101 01001000 01100001 01100011 01101011 01100101 01110010

Whats up everybody....

my name is Jim, i'm from New Jersey....
    huge Markus fan. 1st time i seen him play was at Roxy in NYC back in Sept 2002.

Hola!!! Kimberly here... I'm 24 from Texas!!!
    And I still hoping to see Markus soon!!

Hey all Jo here... very please to meet you :-).... some of you may already know me from bouncing around in The Gallery... hehehehe... Much Love Jo xxx

Quote Originally Posted by kio
    Hola!!! Kimberly here... I'm 24 from Texas!!!
    And I still hoping to see Markus soon!!

KIM!!! welcome i didnt even see this

@all: welcome welcome!!! enjoy your time here, its a great forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey friends!

My name's ?ukasz and I come from north-east Poland. I am 18 years old. I like Markus because of his awesome weekly radioshow Global DJ Broadcast. Every week, he does an excellent job with mixing some great choons

First of all, I didn't like progressive stuff that Markus offers but now I know that the best sets are kept in progressive style for me. It's really interesting to hear this massive proggy stuff

Greetings from Poland!
    ?ukasz,
    No matter how old we are there's no boundaries in music. In trance we unite as one.

welcome on board ?ukasz!! have a nice time on this brilliant forum.
    With passion since 1993 & 1991

I'm Dawid from Poland. I am 17 years old.. GOD is a DJ ..Markus Schulz is GOD

Hi Guys!

i'm Steve, and from Hungary. I'm listening to Markus since 2003.
    I've seen and heard him twice: in ibiza (2008), and in my country (2005).
    Shortly that's it!
    This forum is very fine!!

Bye!