Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: Official New Users Thread !! Introduce yourself...

HI guys!!!!!!! Welcome to the forum!!!!!!! Im sure youll enjoy your say

See you on GDJB thursdays

Quote Originally Posted by hellosam
    Quote Originally Posted by kio
    Hola!!! Kimberly here... I'm 24 from Texas!!!
    And I still hoping to see Markus soon!!

KIM!!! welcome i didnt even see this

@all: welcome welcome!!! enjoy your time here, its a great forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahaha hi Sam!!! I know I suck because I'm never on here...

Hey Everyone!!!

Just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself. I've recently deemed myself as a Coldharbour Citizen after discovering Markus over a year ago. I've always been into Trance music, and was always a huge fan of Gabriel and Dresden until their split in the beginning of 2008. ( I almost cried when I read the news article online :-( Then one day I decided to download a Crystal Clouds set (5-19-08) from Markus;

01. Mr. Pit - Shana (Duderstadt Progressive Dub Mix)
    02. Oryon - Drunk & Sober
    03. Evol Waves - Mesjah
    04. tyDi - Russia vs ID (Markus Schulz Mashup)
    05. Element One - Guanacaste
    06. Veracocha - Carte Blanche (Cosmic Gate Remix)
    07. Blank & Jones feat. Bernard Sumner - Miracle Cure (Martin Roth Nu-Style Dub Mix)
    08. Gareth Emery - This is That (Markus Schulz Rework)
    09. Markus Schulz feat. Dauby - Perfect (Agnelli & Nelson Remix)
    10. Majai - Phoria (Elevation Remix)
    11. Miki Litvak & Ido Ophir - Shnorkel (Dousk Remix)
    12. Wippenberg pres. Sphaera - Back

Needless to say, I was absolutely hooked...This was everything I was looking for in a trance DJ...Perfectly placed melodies with hard, deep bass. Ever since this day I've been listening in to the GDJB's as much as possible.

I also had the experience of witnessing lives sets from Markus, both in Toronto, Canada.

I first saw him live at the end of September 2008, in which his set was recorded live for the GDJB airing on 10-2-08. That night was packed and had a good vibe all night, but not the best. If anybody here has ever been to the Guvernment niteclub in Canada, you will know that the crowd is not very kind and the staff tends to overpack the place to the walls!!! Needless to say after several listens of this GDJB, it does have its high points; Cass & Slide - Perception!!!, Sied Van Riel & Claudia Cazacu - Contrasts
    (which I love this song and wanted Markus to play this more! ) Albert Vorne - Formentera What (Gareth Emery Remix / Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
    (Major Stomper! Everytime!) and Guru Josh Project - Infinity 2008 (Jerome Isma-Ae Remix) (Unsual song for Markus to play, but gotta love that hook!)

Next, I recently ventured to Guvernment Nightclub again this past March for the Toronto '09 release party. Needless to say this night was absolutely off the hook. Once again the place was packed to the brim, seeing as how AVB was booked in the other room at the Guvernment Complex!!! I was able to catch the entire set from Markus and was extremely pleased!!! I remembered he opened with Koolhaus and the place went off...Other notables include; Nothing at all, his remix of Sweet Dreams, and
    Buttons (one of my favs)....

So it's about time I wrap this up and start posting on these forums

Hey there Rick!! Welcome to the forum!!!!!!!

Hi there,

I already joined last month, but figured I could introduce myself as well (better late then never uhh)

I'm Maaike, 25 years old and live near Arnhem, in the east of Holland.
    The first time I heard Markus play live was at ASOT 300. Since then Markus is my absolutely favorite
    Although I might be pretty new to his sound, I try to catch up I've seen him play 9 times now. 7 of those times were in Holland (perfect country for party-lovers :mrgreen: ), the other two were at the Gallery and ASOT 400.

Already looking forward to his 8-hours set at Ibiza, but first I'm going to enjoy his closing set next week at Pleasure Island 8-)
    Party-schedule (with Markus playing)
    10-20-2011 DJ Mag Awards @ Passenger Terminal, Amsterdam
    11-19-2011 Transmission @ O2 Arena, Prague

Better late then never i suppose so let's introduce myself:
    I am Rob(duhh) 22 years old and live in the netherlands, my first trance party was with markus in the line up(asot 300) after that i was hooked on trance, in the beginning i was more of a aly&fila/Menno de Jong fan, but that all changed when i went to: intuition invites Markus Schulz, that set was amazing and since then i have been to almost all of his dutch gigs over the past 2 years and hopefully a lot of gigs in the future and every thursday listening to the gdjb and i prefer the world tour sets
    greetings
    Rob

edit: @maaike, really funny that we both had our first Markus Schulz expierence at the same moment 8-) i might have seen you at some of his gigs, but never met i suppose
    Markus Gigs to Visit:
    None.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rob
    i might have seen you at some of his gigs, but never met i suppose
    This saterday at P.I.?? :mrgreen:
    Btw I'm 'Scamp' at PF. Suppose you're on PF too?!

Welcome guys!!!!!!! Hope you enjoy t he forum!!! (well...you already are, lol!!)

have fun at the parties you mentioned soooo jealous....i need to win lotto and just follow trance around all year! omgosh thatd be my dream

have fun at the parties you mentioned soooo jealous....i need to win lotto and just follow trance around all year! omgosh thatd be my dream
    Last time at Godskitchen (Asot 400) I saw a guy who proudly showed his "trance-energy" shirt to his friends and they were so jealous.

Things like that make me realize that I'm fortunate to live in a country with so many great party's and big line-ups. I've been to Trance Energy 6 times, and it's only 45 minutes from home.
    And for me it's still strange to see how many people from all over the world come to our little country to party at our events like Trance Energy, Dance Valley or the Amsterdam Dance Events

Quote Originally Posted by Maaike
    Last time at Godskitchen (Asot 400) I saw a guy who proudly showed his "trance-energy" shirt to his friends and they were so jealous.

Things like that make me realize that I'm fortunate to live in a country with so many great party's and big line-ups. I've been to Trance Energy 6 times, and it's only 45 minutes from home.
    And for me it's still strange to see how many people from all over the world come to our little country to party at our events like Trance Energy, Dance Valley or the Amsterdam Dance Events
    well your country is the trance equivalent of mecca ; one must go before they die and all that. i'm taking my trip next summer. sensation amsterdam, then maybe ibiza, and finally close out the trip at dance valley. i'm at the end of my partying "career" so this will be my last big hurrah.