Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator

Markus Schulz - World Tour: Best of 2009

Markus Schulz - World Tour: Best of 2009

The nightclub is packed, the lights and lasers are flowing, and the anticipation of the crowd is at a boisterous level. The transmission of the opening track blasts through the speakers in the club and out over the airwaves. What follows is a unique storytelling through the eyes and ears of Markus Schulz.

Over the past number of years, Markus has become one of the most popular and in-demand names across the DJ tour circuit. He has touched the hearts of many, with his unique blend of bassline-driven trance reaching fans across all five continents.

Despite differing languages and cultures, his music and passion has united the world. In an attempt to describe his affection for the fans, and the cities which he is proud to play, he has created a new dimension to his performances, unifying the live experience with radio.

Welcome to the concept of the Markus Schulz World Tour.

Markus' ethos of the World Tour is simple - to provide a platform for clubbers to showcase a united voice, emanating from the best clubs, arenas and festivals, to a worldwide listening audience each month.

Every World Tour recording is eagerly anticipated by the chosen city's conglomerate of fans, wishing to claim the accolade of being the loudest and most passionate audience. Consequently, these gigs are among the most discussed around the world, not just by the clubbers who attend the events in person, but also by the listeners through online and radio mediums.

With this CD compilation, Markus presents you his personal highlights of the World Tour in 2009 - the biggest tunes that have touched audiences from Hong Kong to Ibiza to Miami and beyond, and given us memories that will remain for a lifetime. The club culture from all over the world is captured, with each track representing one of the featured World Tour cities, accompanied by the enthusiasm of the audience.

You can now welcome the ambiance and excitement of the World Tour to your stereo, and look forward to the possibility of the series touching down in your city in 2010.

The Markus Schulz World Tour is now transmitting.

Tracklist:
    01. Dakota - Sin City (Intro Mix) [live from Ibiza]
    02. Lentos - Forget About Us (Barnes & Heatcliff Remix) [live from St. Petersburg]
    03. Ashley Wallbridge - Harrier [live from Melbourne]
    04. Daniel Portman - Wellness Park (Helvetic Nerds Remix) [live from Las Vegas]
    05. Arnej - The Ones That Get Away (Minimal Drum Dub) [live from Hong Kong]
    06. Dakota - Johnny the Fox (Barnes & Heatcliff Remix) [live from Miami]
    07. 16 Bit Lolitas & Ohmna - Take It or Leave It [live from Ibiza]
    08. Moonbeam & Blackfeel Wite - First Night (Elevation Remix) [live from Ibiza]
    09. Jester Music feat. Lavoie - Dressed in White (Markus Schulz Coldharbour Remix) [live from Prague]
    10. Mike Foyle pres. Statica - Bittersweet Nightshade (Markus Schulz Return to Coldharbour Remix) [live from Athens]
    11. Skytech - Cardboard Box [live from Wroclaw]
    12. Dakota - Sin City (Rex Mundi Remix) [live from Birmingham]
    13. Timmy & Tommy - Full Tiltin (Joint Operations Centre Remix) [live from Budapest]
    14. Rex Mundi feat. Susana - Nothing at All (Elevation Remix) [live from St. Petersburg]
    15. Andy Moor & Ashley Wallbridge feat. Meighan Nealon - Faces (Ben Gold Remix) [live from Birmingham]

Markus Schulz - World Tour: Best of 2009 will be available on iTunes from Monday October 26th, and on CD from Monday November 2nd.

The next World Tour recording takes place at Forum Nightclub in Medellin, Colombia, on Saturday October 31st.

Re: Markus Schulz - World Tour: Best of 2009

Fantastic tracklist, I'm sure it'll capture the essence of the GDJB World Tour - definitely looking forward to it.

Tracklist is sick indeed. I wonder how it will be mixed - the tracks are from sets from all over the world. I hope the flow of the transitions isn't lost in the process of slicing and dicing different WT livesets.

But then again this is Markus. He's never failed to deliver before.
    Tune of the moment: Arty & Mat Zo - Rebound :mrgreen:

would it be the unmixed version?

I'd imagine it'll be fully mixed & remastered, with the live audience reactions from each gig overlayed during each track, similar to Armin's Universal Religion releases. Great tracklist, although i'd have liked to see a 2 disc set, maybe 1 cd of deep proggy stuff & 1 of the peaktime high energy tracks & reworks.

Great to see First Night & Dressed In White on there, no Perception though! /o\

Markus does it again.
    @ Atlanta: 09.18.08, 04.23.09, 07.07.10
    @ Charlotte: 09.25.08, 04.02.09, 11.20.09, 09.24.10
    @ Miami: 03.29.08, 03.23.10, 03.26.10, 03.11.11

Quote Originally Posted by MrE
    I'd imagine it'll be fully mixed & remastered, with the live audience reactions from each gig overlayed during each track, similar to Armin's Universal Religion releases. Great tracklist, although i'd have liked to see a 2 disc set, maybe 1 cd of deep proggy stuff & 1 of the peaktime high energy tracks & reworks.

Great to see First Night & Dressed In White on there, no Perception though! /o\

agree!! no perception :cry:

October 30th. 2009 --- San Salvador
    March 31st. 2010 --- Guatemala
    June 17th. 2011 --- Pacha NYC http://youtu.be/PaQKR2FCTr0
    October 31th. 2012 --- Guatemala

The next World Tour recording takes place at Forum Nightclub in Medellin, Colombia, on Saturday October 31st.[/quote]

:shock: I see and I do not think, thanks markus

Gia

Great tracklist indeed
    Im so proud that my city Wroclaw is on the CD cover

I wanna hear the way it sounds when the live crowd sounds are mixed, I don't know a lot about mixing, but Im sure it has to be quite hard try to match with the external noise. :|
    Anyhow, we're talking about Mr. Schulz, for sure he knows how to deal with that.
    Looking forward, as usual