[COLD013] Dakota - Chinook

Dakota - Chinook

Release Label: Coldharbour Recordings Red
    Release Code: COLD013
    Release Date: May 18th 2009

Chinook (Original Mix)
    Chinook (Uplifting Mix)
    Chinook (Afterhours Mix)

2009 is already only a few short months old, but it looks set to be the year of Dakota. During his sabbatical to London at the turn of the millennium, Markus Schulz coneived an alter ego for his productions - a darker, deeper and more moody side of him which has been the foundation for the hallmarked Coldharbour sound. The name Dakota comes from the street he lived on whilst living in Arizona in the 90s.

Chinook is the first single scheduled for release from the upcoming debut Dakota artist album, entitled Thoughts Become Things. On completion of the project, Chinook was among the tracks which gauged the greatest of reactions.

Available in the release package are three mixes, all made by Markus himself. The original has pounded dancefloors for several months, notably at his Ministry of Sound residency and during Winter Music Conference week, and has already received huge support from DJs such as Tiesto and Marcus Schossow.

The Uplifting Mix takes things up a notch, allowing the beautiful melodies to flow and dictate the direction of the track. With extensive support by Armin vn Buuren, Markus himself graced the Godskitchen audience with a spin of the remix at his appearance for A State Of Trance Episode 400.

The Afterhours Mix is exactly that - a deeper and groovier affair that provides ideal listening for those comedown moments after a night out.

Chinook will be available through all download portals from May 18th. However, you can already purchase the track through an exclusive 4-week pre-release exclusive window on Beatport, at the link below:

Available to buy digitally from Beatport by Clicking Here

With huge support across the spectrum already, it is safe to assume that Dakota will be a name on everyone's lips for the remainder of the year. The good news is, this is only the beginning.

Re: [COLD013] Dakota - Chinook

I would kill myself if Markus doesn't end up in the top 3 in DJMag Top 100 this year!

great tune. All versions are brilliant, but the original one is my fav
    With passion since 1993 & 1991

Incredible write-up, nice work Darren!

I'm afraid to say I gave the Afterhours mix a skip after listening to it on Beatport, the groovy sounds just weren't my cup of tea for a comedown, I prefer to just bang it out until I've nothing left so there's no need for an Afterhours mix

As much as I enjoy the Uplifting mix, it just can't compete with the Original. Every time I hear it I think about the first time I heard it at the Ministry of Sound in February and those words I uttered - "Awesome man, Awesome!"

Great job Markus, let's hope the rest of the releases are just as good if not better - Bring on Koolhaus, The Doorway, Day off in Lima and Sin City!

Everthing has been said
    From me only two words: F*****g amazing !

I prefer Original Mix

I like the most uplifting mix. Do you know when you will be released Dakota album?

I'm still not sure..., both versions, the original and the uplifting mix are great

I´ve been to ASOT 400 in Wuppertal where Armin played the uplifting mix.....,
    all people there went nuts!

Uplifting Mix for me great track!

Amazing release have all 3 mixes Original is my fav

Dakota - Chinook (uplifting mix)

I can NOT get enough of this track. If Markus plays it back to back for the whole two hours of his next broadcast, I think I'll be just fine with that. What is wrong with me? :?