Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Need more vocal tracks

But hey ! What was the wrong Having vocals or not, the tracks are always amazing

Re: Show is going downhill

Quote Originally Posted by DjiXas
    WTF is wrong with this uber crap trance world? Why you also had to destory GDJB by increasing vocal tracks more and more... Everytime I hear... It's like listening to ASOT which sucks.

We wan't trance music, not pop trance vocals... Tiesto, PVD (he's kinda back now) Armin, Ferry, B & J, Ronski, Nic, Kyau & Albert, and now Markus...

Woa, so less left to listen. Fuck this, switching to digweed transitions, at least there are no vocals.
    Dude, I think you watched PvD interview right?

He meant that there are too much vocals into trance music now... I personally think that the most of the vocals are so lovely, but I don't want to change your mind or something

Sam, you just said it all girl

Vinyl - +1 on that

I'd wager none of the recent GDJB had any "pop shit" in them, it's a trance show - vocal trance is still trance, learn your genres

Sam to rescue, eh? 8-)

Vinyl +1 - That'd make for one interesting Q&A session

Quote Originally Posted by salimtek
    Recently in GDJB Markus played less and less vocal tracks. :cry:
    I watched his recent set in Birmingham, no more vocal tunes selected, so the crowd didn't reacted a lot to that. For example during Armin or Daniel kandi set, ALL PEOPLE there, were in fire after a vocal choon.

I always appreciated his melodic vocal selections in GDJB. So it's time to go back on.
    I hope that.
    I completely disagree with you. If you want Vocal then expect it from Armin, Daniel Kandi, Roger Shah etc etc. If you want trance, expect it from Markus, Cosmic Gate, PUSH! and those stuff.

I like (daresay love) the fact Markus doesn't drop all that many vocal tunes, otherwise I might just turn off GDJB - I listen to GDJB for the dark moody basslines, the floor ripping stuff that Markus pumps out. If I want vocal I'll hold out for ASOT or the odd guestmix.

I'd say the crowd reacted the way they did for Markus because he followed Armin so they were very tired, not because of the choice of music. The folks in #asot400 were raving about Marku and his set two hours after it (so even after Armin and Daniel Kandi). Markus got himself a few new fans that night

Quote Originally Posted by evgeniy
    WTF is wrong with this uber crap trance world? Why you also had to destory GDJB by increasing vocal tracks more and more... Everytime I hear... It's like listening to ASOT which sucks.

We wan't trance music, not pop trance vocals... Tiesto, PVD (he's kinda back now) Armin, Ferry, B & J, Ronski, Nic, Kyau & Albert, and now Markus...

Woa, so less left to listen. Fuck this, switching to digweed transitions, at least there are no vocals.

He meant that there are too much vocals into trance music now... I personally think that the most of the vocals are so lovely, but I don't want to change your mind or something
    Sorry guy,
    but I had to catch up on that post here.

What PVD ment during his interview, are so called "Trance" tracks from artists like CASCADA, Klubbingman, Topmodelz, Global Deejays, Commercial Club Crew a.s.o....
    Do I have to name more? Please have a look on the german dance charts f.e.
    The Trance there is damn SHIT!
    You won't see any Armin, Markus, Tiesto .... there!

I guess, that´s what he ment and I can absolutly confirm that!
    I think the same way, although I love vocal tracks. (Just to make a sample : Nothing at all is awesome!!)

yeah Markus don't play pop-trance man

@djxas: you state that he "used" to be what you loved but:

But even hsi recent GDJB had solarstone as a guest mix, whicih containted lots of pop vocal shit. Trends are changing

Honey- his Solarstone GM was last week. So you are saying- ONE episode was not to your liking?

I dont know that requires a rant, no?

Let me say this: I agree- critisism is definitely welcome, Im sure. Markus is the type of artist that likes to hear what people TRULY feel. However, what you are saying about the show just isnt true, so its not effective. And, to note this, is such a manner- attitude- is just not welcome. At least not by me.

In addition, a couple weeks ago you posted that you loved markus and his style and not to change.

So really, you are basing your new found opinion on just ONE (or just a few) shows? The best thing about Markus is that in a given moth you will find at least three different styles of sets.

So.....I invite you to take some time, listen to some shows. Give it a couple months...then, please post and let us (and markus) know how you feel!!

but please....make it an educated descision. Give the artist that much respect

Quote Originally Posted by stefan1983
    Quote Originally Posted by evgeniy

Sorry guy,
    but I had to catch up on that post here.

What PVD ment during his interview, are so called "Trance" tracks from artists like CASCADA, Klubbingman, Topmodelz, Global Deejays, Commercial Club Crew a.s.o....
    Do I have to name more? Please have a look on the german dance charts f.e.
    The Trance there is damn SHIT!
    You won't see any Armin, Markus, Tiesto .... there!

I guess, that´s what he ment and I can absolutly confirm that!
    I think the same way, although I love vocal tracks. (Just to make a sample : Nothing at all is awesome!!)
    Thanks for catching up on that one My brother lives in Germany, so I know a loooot about Germany. He is more a minimalistic guy but still he can compose music.

A cousin of mine lives in London (near Brixton). I am moving there very very soon, so I expect a lot, especially from the clubs and human companies!

I was sure PvD interview influenced. But let's not forget his Medal Of Honor reward. This is why I guess, he is able to criticise more directly than others do.

Still I like female vocals for a great sure. I can't say I am not getting pissed off vocals some times, but it's hard to discover a jewel every day or even a week ,right?

HI

yeah, the british people are crazy!

Although I don't like PVDs music nowdays, he is still seen no.1 Trance DJ in Germany.
    He is what Tiesto/Armin in NL are.., some kind of Trance pioneer.

Regarding the vocals, I can understand, why Paul thinks so.
    Have a look at the german so called "dance" charts. Tune into some tracks and let us talk again
    Tracks which are played by Armin, Markus a.s.o. are mostly great! There are maybe a few which are not that good, but most of them are!
    PVD lives in Berlin, so he knows the german trance (dance) scene very good.
    That´s the main reason, he thinks that way.... which is beacuse of the shit which is produced here...! Just to say it again, I think so, too!!!

And regarding the MoH, I don't think that this is the reason.
    He mentioned this a lot times during interviews for the last couple of years....which just isn't wrong

Stefan