Above & Beyond @ Pacha, NYC - 2-20-09

So was anyone else there totally wanting Markus to take over the decks from the Above & Beyond because the Anjunadeep stuff was not working?

I know I was :P

All in all it was a good show; I thought it was awesome Markus came to watch A&B haha

Giving respect to your peers, yaaa!
    @ Atlanta: 09.18.08, 04.23.09, 07.07.10
    @ Charlotte: 09.25.08, 04.02.09, 11.20.09, 09.24.10
    @ Miami: 03.29.08, 03.23.10, 03.26.10, 03.11.11

Re: Above & Beyond @ Pacha, NYC - 2-20-09

hahahahahahahahahah

I sooooooooooooooo wanted to post that Markus was at Pacha with us...but I thought maybe itd be silly. Im so happy someone else did.

Jimaeus!!!!! were you up there in VIP too????? I wish I knew you were going to be at that show!! We could have said HI!! always know that Sam is at a show in NYC...hahahahaha

Although, markus is #1 in my book...i have to say, I love Above & Beyond so I never really had that thought- for markus to go up there. Maybe a thought for Markus to have a suprise show the next night or something!! hahahah although JOC was the next night and BIG RESPECT to that man!! great job

I DID have a hard time not wanting to go over and talk to markus though- I could barely hear him when we did talk so i felt silly and then the music was really good so I felt badly that I wasnt paying more attention to our visitor- but all in all Im pretty sure Markus expects us to be paying attention to the boys on deck....itd be kind of rude to ignore them....

I thought it was soooooo funny the faces on everyone when he came up!!! hahahah (Im sure mine included- although i think i kept my cool pretty well) I was the ONLY person who had no idea markus was coming...all you little buggers already knew!!!!! thats SOOOO not fair!! mike Saint-Jules finally told me and I didnt believe him...until someone came running over and literally PULLED me there....and all the text messages on my phone from friends downstairs!! hahah I have literally like 20 texts that say "MARKUS FN SCHULZ IS HERE!!"

hahahah

markus needs to wear a disguise now hehehe

haha, I thought Jaytech was ridiculous, and once Above & Beyond got the trance going, they were on fire. I just wasn't getting into the Anjunadeep stuff. I like them starting off housey and building up into a full trance frenzy, but they played it a bit too long. But I definitely love A&B! Paavo is so amazing, probably the only DJ who can give Markus a run for the coolest DJ to watch while he spins. I loved how he stuck his finger up at the end: "Okay, okay, okay! One more!! Satellite it is!!" He signed my hand in Atlanta 2 weeks ago...I was like "holy shit I'm not going to wash this hand ever again." But of course I had to...eventually. I was bummed

And JOC/Colontonio were awesome!!! Love is such a ridiculously chill club. I wish Atlanta had a place like that ahhhhhhhhhhh!!! I talked to Tom for a good bit, he was like "holy shit you came up from Atlanta just to party? that's fucking awesome man!" He told me how he went to pick up JOC from the airport and they went drinking all night Friday night haha.

btw -- I'm "trancension" on tranceaddict/trance.nu -- so I did say I was going to be there!

No idea why I went with that name over on those places...I obviously had trance on my mind when registering haha, I kind of want to change names but a few people already know me as trancension now, and so I don't want to confuse them.

oooh hey!! yes, I know you over on TA

Yeah, Paavo is SIIIIIK I love love love him! I really have a huge not so secret crush on him hahaha. I love when he rubs his hands together like "ok ok im ready, im warmed up!" hahaha his like a little kid!! A really big little kid! Jono is great too, but I just love Tony's charisma....you cant beat it. When Paavo and Tony are together they are just the funniest guys ever and I cant get enough. It was my first time seeing Paavo and Jono together- Ive now seen all combos Tony and Paavo kick butt though, i have to say.

JOC and Tom and Marcello and Brad KICKED BUTTTT sat night!! I was a little sad that Eco didnt drop Lost Angeles or Borealis...but the entire set was sick so i cant complain at all. Tom's set was good- but way too short- he was really dissapointed in his set- I dont agree though i thought it was pretty decent! JOC was PERFECTION! If i could have sat down and written to him what I wanted to hear I couldnt even have figured it out as well as he did. Nothing was better then Rank 1- L.E.D. (Let There be Light) and he throws in "its a big sky" one liner real soft! I was flipping out...but apparently no one around me caught that.....so it was like i had ESP or something hahahahahha I was SOOOOO HAPPY to hear big sky- I will love that tune forever and ever it never gets old!

sadly i missed most of brads set- someone kept telling me the closer was someone named chris- and we had a plane to catch in the am so I weighed out the bad with the good and noted that Id just seen 5 of the best DJs eva so it was ok to go home apparently "chris" was brad

I missed most of DJ Eco's set, that kind of made me bummed

Not that I wanted to miss Brad's set, but me and my friends hadn't eaten all day and we were like "Brad Miller is opening right? Let's go eat, we don't wanna be hungry when JOC drops Big Sky."

But Eco opened and Brad closed, poop! Brad did drop some pretty sweet tunes though, so I'm glad I got to see his set, and I was not hungry at all the rest of the night haha

jaytech was the man of the night that kid had me moving like i was back in the day. sick set from him. i love the anjunadeep sound so totally vibed to what jono and paavo were throwing down all night. lastly, thank the lord baby jesus for vip, if you talked to me even two years ago i was all about being on the floor where the "real" fans are but honestly that's so not true. i feel bad for pacha because it was built when we had crobar and even spirit so there really wasn't a need for another big room. now with those spaces closed off to us all we have is webster hall and pacha which is unbearable. no thank you to being elbowed and being so cramped you can't move. it was obscenely packed. overall had a grand time with my crew and it was an added surprise seeing markus. kudos to him for going out and enjoying the scene when he isn't playing

nice meeting you sam, saw you initially then didn't see you again until the end. i was also floating around which i do sometimes. also aren't you happy kelly and i pointed out that paavo thing? yeah we totally asked him to pose for a picture doing that. overall fun night you can never go wrong with above & beyond. didn't make mike's party the following day. massive events are the best honestly...always feels like a house party because all your friends are spinning and running the party. oh well perhaps ronski speed on saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by chimera
    jaytech was the man of the night that kid had me moving like i was back in the day. sick set from him. i love the anjunadeep sound so totally vibed to what jono and paavo were throwing down all night. lastly, thank the lord baby jesus for vip, if you talked to me even two years ago i was all about being on the floor where the "real" fans are but honestly that's so not true. i feel bad for pacha because it was built when we had crobar and even spirit so there really wasn't a need for another big room. now with those spaces closed off to us all we have is webster hall and pacha which is unbearable. no thank you to being elbowed and being so cramped you can't move. it was obscenely packed. overall had a grand time with my crew and it was an added surprise seeing markus. kudos to him for going out and enjoying the scene when he isn't playing

nice meeting you sam, saw you initially then didn't see you again until the end. i was also floating around which i do sometimes. also aren't you happy kelly and i pointed out that paavo thing? yeah we totally asked him to pose for a picture doing that. overall fun night you can never go wrong with above & beyond. didn't make mike's party the following day. massive events are the best honestly...always feels like a house party because all your friends are spinning and running the party. oh well perhaps ronski speed on saturday.
    yay!! nice FINALLY meeting you too!!

omgosh i love love love the paavo hand thing....id never noticed that before!! I saw the paavo pic too its to DIE for!!!! hahahah

massive ftw for sure, im really loving Love- which when i first went there this summer I was thinking "huh?" but now i love it. although..........im going to miss ronski!! im so sad! I cant even talk about it. have so much fun for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!