Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Markus Schulz @ FMF09 Afterparty Melbourne (2009-03-08)

Well this is sorta Fantastic news and bad news at the same time. It has been revealed that Markus will be doing the Future music festival afterparty in Melbourne:

The main man for future entertainment later revealed that it would be a 4 HOUR SET and also a recording of GDJB!!!! Which i'm guessing that Melbourne has been given the April edition of the world tour. Fantastic news for Melbourne (a city in a state that has suffered a terrible disaster with the bushfires) and Australia!!!! But $hit news for myself (sorry for the selfishness here :P)

This is the same weekend that I had to cancel going to Brisbane And now that this has been announced its even more frustrating. I'm currently speaking to a good friend to see if we can pull a few strings and go to this because Australia has never experienced a lengthy set from the man let alone a GDJB recording.

Some tough decisions ahead. Very tough

That being said, this is going to be HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE! Super8 and Tab will also be at the same gig.

Gia

Re: Markus Schulz @ FMF09 Afterparty Melbourne (2009-03-08)

Vinyl - go for it! There is no other way! cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Gia
    Vinyl - go for it! There is no other way! cheers!
    8-)

Trust me Monika if I had my way my all of our flights would be booked right now. Just a few personal committments around March are standing in my way, but your words have given me extra enthusiasm :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Administrator

Maybe these words of encouragement will push you even further.

This is going to be the GDJB World Tour recording for March. Two reasons:

1) Markus desperately wanted to cover Australia as part of the World Tour for this year, and obviously the date of Melbourne falls after the first Thursday of the month i.e. the 5th. In order to maintain the freshness of the set, we have taken the decision to move the World Tour to the second show of March i.e. the 12th, which, as you have figured out, will be recorded at this gig.

2) The Toronto '09 CD comes out on the 8th. Therefore, in order to compensate for not being able to do the World Tour on the first show of the month, the GDJB on the 5th will be a 2 hour Toronto '09 Release Special, with world premieres of 5 of the tracks from the CD.

So yeap, time for Australia to be represented. Do your very best to be there man.

Cannot wait for this, going to be one huge day! 4 hours at the after party then however long he plays at the festival proper.

The atmosphere at his gig here in Melbourne last year was electric, I have faith that this will be a fantastic recording

Quote Originally Posted by ImpactPlayaz
    So yeap, time for Australia to be represented. Do your very best to be there man.
    Hey Darren I'm trying to look into the ticket situation for this event and the details are:

On Sale Now ONLY THRU PROMOTERS AND ON THE DOOR! ($30)

I'm not having any luck with finding these promoters. Do you have the details of someone who I can contact to organise purchasing tickets off? I'd hate to get there and run the risk of relying on door tickets, especially if they sell out

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyl
    Hey Darren I'm trying to look into the ticket situation for this event and the details are:

I'm not having any luck with finding these promoters. Do you have the details of someone who I can contact to organise purchasing tickets off? I'd hate to get there and run the risk of relying on door tickets, especially if they sell out
    You'll find promoters advertising tickets here http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/showth ... p?t=244592

Quote Originally Posted by Dave

You'll find promoters advertising tickets here http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/showth ... p?t=244592
    Thanks for the info Dave. Much appreciated. I've PM'd the promoter and am awaiting response. Really hope we can pull this off.

Just on that note, i've noticed that Markus' popularity on inthemix has shot through the roof comparing right now to this time last year. I think his sets in Brisbane and Melbourne last year were that good!!! Great to see!!!

Administrator

Just on that note, i've noticed that Markus' popularity on inthemix has shot through the roof comparing right now to this time last year. I think his sets in Brisbane and Melbourne last year were that good!!! Great to see!!!
    Ask them all to register and join the community here. Would be great to have plenty of passionate Australians contributing to the forum other than yourself.

Definitely, those sets plus the quality of the weekly GDJB and productions released are really making a big mark here down under!