Administrator

Markus Interview with The Gallery

Found this on The Gallery's MySpace, previewing the latest chapter in Markus' residency at Ministry of Sound this Friday. Quite a funny read!

How does The Gallery find you on this cold and crisp January day?

Really good. I just finished a few gigs in Israel and am on my way home to Miami.

You are helping to kick start 2009 at The Gallery's first outing of the year at Ministry of Sound, what can we expect from your good self on the night?

I have shaken off the holiday rust and I have been on the road a lot again and I am really in a good groove right now and am really looking forward to bringing it to my favorite sound system in the world at Ministry of Sound.

Whereabouts did you see in the New Year party wise and what was your midnight tune?

I was in Windsor Canada which is right across the river from Detroit at the Boom Boom Room. My midnight tune was a custom intro mix that I made using the melody of U2 – New Year’s Day.

What current three tunes are doing it big time for you at present in your DJ sets?

David West – The Hideout
    Project MC – Bromley Ave
    Rowald Steyn – Hold Control

What have you got planned for the rest of 2009 in terms of productions, releases, gigs and other bits and bobs?

Right now I am about to go into the studio and mix my Toronto 09 compilation. I also am working on my next artist album and I have a few surprises for later in the year. After taking some time off for the holidays I just feel really energized and refreshed.

Who should we be looking out for this year in terms of rising talent DJ / producer wise?

It’s a long year, lots of people are going to come and go but I’m really feeling the stuff Omnia is doing right now as well as Rex Mundi. He had one of the bigger tracks of 2007 (Perspective). His new stuff is absolutely amazing.

As a regular Gallery guest have you got a particular favourite or fond Gallery moment to share with our Gallery faithful?

Of course, but they always happen backstage after the set and as you know, what happens backstage, stays backstage.

And finally in time honoured Gallery tradition, our random three Q&A's. Have you made any new year’s resolutions and if so what are they?

One of my resolutions was to faithfully write my blog in a timely manner for my website each week. But I broke that one the very first week because I was still a bit done in from New Year’s Eve. Ah well, maybe next year.

And last but by no means least what was the worst / most embarrassing Xmas pressie you got over the festive period?

I actually gave the worst Christmas present this year. I pride myself on always giving clever gifts, but the stripper pole that I bought for a family member this Christmas didn’t go over so well.

Gia

Re: Markus Interview with The Gallery

Heh, see you backstage this Friday lol

ps. Darren, I hope you are coming to Ministry tomorrow I just can't wait to be there !

Bring on The Gallery! A good interview with Markus, loving the Backstage comment, it's the truth

lol

"Ah well, maybe next year."
    @ Atlanta: 09.18.08, 04.23.09, 07.07.10
    @ Charlotte: 09.25.08, 04.02.09, 11.20.09, 09.24.10
    @ Miami: 03.29.08, 03.23.10, 03.26.10, 03.11.11

Haha stripper pole nice one if i had a girlfriend for this Valentines thats what she would be getting hahaha :twisted: really cant wait for MOS tonight !!!!!! 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Valentine
    Haha stripper pole nice one if i had a girlfriend for this Valentines thats what she would be getting hahaha :twisted: really cant wait for MOS tonight !!!!!! 8-)
    You'd get your girlfriend a stripper pole? Rick, you know she'd made you dance on it. I'd laugh at you :P

Markus wasn't wrong, he sure brought it to the MOS sound system