Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GDJB - Las Vegas

Hello everyone,

I was listening to the latest World Tour episode and I have a couple questions that I hope some of you may be able to answer.

First of all, does anyone know when the Giuseppe Ottaviani remix of The New World will be released?

Also, was the remix of Daydream that Markus played a new remix that hasn't be released? If so, does anyone know who remixed it?

Thanks

Re: GDJB - Las Vegas

1. No info about release date. I think it will be release with other Remixes ;]
    2. The track is: 12. Tiësto vs. Markus Schulz & Andy Moor - Ten Seconds Before Daydream (Markus Schulz Mashup)

Quote Originally Posted by Suceed
    1. No info about release date. I think it will be release with other Remixes ;]
    2. The track is: 12. Tiësto vs. Markus Schulz & Andy Moor - Ten Seconds Before Daydream (Markus Schulz Mashup)
    Thanks

I'm just assuming that the mashup is impossible to find?

You could have just asked on the 9 page thread we already have for the Las Vegas World Tour :lol:

Mashup's almost never get released btw

Quote Originally Posted by TouchingVirus

Yea i know but I just wanted to make sure cause I know some of his have been released in the past.

You could have just asked on the 9 page thread we already have for the Las Vegas World Tour :lol:

And what about The Perspective Space...

Quote Originally Posted by andypime

And what about The Perspective Space...
    To counter your one example of a mashup that did get released I could list well in excess of 50 that haven't. But I think I covered the exceptions with the inclusion of the word almost in my original post

To counter your one example of a mashup that did get released I could list well in excess of 50 that haven't. But I think I covered the exceptions with the inclusion of the word almost in my original post
    Well to be honest, I could name at least 15 mashups that I own and play

Ya...just because the mashup is floating around the internet doesn't mean it actually got released.
    @ Atlanta: 09.18.08, 04.23.09, 07.07.10
    @ Charlotte: 09.25.08, 04.02.09, 11.20.09, 09.24.10
    @ Miami: 03.29.08, 03.23.10, 03.26.10, 03.11.11

Administrator

To explain the mashups situation:

In order to legally release a mashup, you must acquire the licensing rights for all of the tracks involved. The label also has to have enough faith that if it goes to the trouble of acquiring these licenses (which can be quite costly), that sales will be high enough for it to make a profit.

Now, Markus gave The Perspective Space mashup to Armin for use in his A State Of Trance 2007 compilation. Someone decided to make a reconstructed version, taking the original of Perspective, and cutting in the mashup version ripped from the CD. The problem was, there was a very noticable pitch change in the middle of the track! But that didn't stop this poor version getting spread around the web like wildfire and DJs like Menno de Jong and Sander van Doorn continually playing it on their radio shows.

Rex Mundi - Perspective was signed and released on Cyber Records. Before the Armada label was conceived, all of Armin's early production material (Blue Fear, Communication etc.) was owned by Cyber. Armin wanted to buy back the rights to his old tracks (so he could use them as he wished), so in September 2007 Armada bought the rights to Cyber Records, and its entire back catalogue. As a result, Armada owned the rights to Perspective, and therefore all that was required for the mashup to be released was for The Space We Are to be sublicensed from Euphonic. The relationship between Armada and Euphonic has always been excellent, so the deal was done, and it left the door open for The Perspective Space to be legitimately released.

And the rest as they say is history.

There is a far better chance of me having a Valentine's this weekend than Ten Seconds Before Daydream seeing a legitimate release, for a variety of reasons.