Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Re: Global DJ Broadcast: World Tour - Las Vegas (05-02-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by neelie
    he DID play are in totally different order from what he played that night. kinda weird...but i don't care i love the episode.
    I don't belive. It's possible but why Markus do that? There is no reason for that.
    I think you were drunk, and you don't remeber :P

haha no i wish i could say i was drunk..but i was sobering up by the time markus came on anyway. it was actually one of the most memorable sets to me

yeah totally different order.
    for example, he closed the set with 'daydream'. and he never even played 'the new world'...which disappointed some of my friends haha :/

just a sidenote though..my boyfriend and i remember the tracks that he played pretty well (and he only got to play for a little less than 2 hours due to the asshole opening and closing dj...) ...and about 3 of these tracks he didn't even play. and then he left about 3 or 4 that he did play out..plus the tracks that he DID play are in totally different order from what he played that night. kinda weird...but i don't care i love the episode.
    Well you kind of answered your own observation there. If Markus got to play less than two hours, and he has a 2 hour slot to fill for GDJB then he's going to have to fit in some extra tracks when in post-production. And while in post-production the order of the tracks can be changed slightly, tweaking it for the ultimate World Tour experience.

also, the crowd was pretty lame. but it's las vegas...i sort of expected it. lots of drunk tourists at the hard rock hotel that just wanted to go to a club. plus it's free for locals on wednesdays...which is the night that they have electronic dance djs play.
    but we were up in the front the whole time getting down and cheering! sadly we didn't have much company hah. the place was packed but not really with trance or dance music fans necessarily..most people were just doing their own thing in there.
    Yep, the crowd was completely crap for 99% of the time.

and this was a great show despite that it doesn't sound like the set i heard at all
    I doubt it sounds incredibly different, perhaps it doesn't sound like the set you recall you heard

ok the whole "you were too drunk to remember" thing is getting old
    i barely drank that night
    and was sober by markus's set. i'm not just some shitfaced idiot..and my boyfriend didn't drink at all that night..and surprisingly enough, he has the same recollections!

he played for about an hour and 50 minutes..so i expected 2 extra songs. that doesn't mean he has to take a few out and add in more than a few ones that he didn't play. i'm not mad at him for it haha. i just don't understand whyyyy. but i remember the set. it was memorable. i remember transitions between songs and stuff. i mean, the crowd went nuts when he played the sweet dreams mashup..and it's not even on here!

i was just looking forward to hearing the set i heard, ya know..considering i was surprised that he was doing a gdbc from our show. so when i saw the tracklist i was like HUHHH? haha. oh well

ok the whole "you were too drunk to remember" thing is getting old
    i barely drank that night
    and was sober by markus's set. i'm not just some shitfaced idiot..and my boyfriend didn't drink at all that night..and surprisingly enough, he has the same recollections!
    I never recall saying you were too drunk to remember. I went to the Gallery at MOS last October and listened to the 2nd hour of it on KISS about 3 weeks later and had serious difficulty recognising that it was in fact the gig I was at so ease up

he played for about an hour and 50 minutes..so i expected 2 extra songs. that doesn't mean he has to take a few out and add in more than a few ones that he didn't play. ...i just don't understand whyyyy. but i remember the set. it was memorable. i remember transitions between songs and stuff. i mean, the crowd went nuts when he played the sweet dreams mashup..and it's not even on here!
    Markus is his own worst critic, even after two awesome sets in MOS he wasn't happy so unlike something that's recorded live and streamed out live he has the chance to rectify sets, alter the tracks slightly to change the mood into a more perfected piece. I can see the pro's and con's of both approaches. Changing the tracks alters the authenticity of the set, but can also turn a somewhat mediocre GDJB World Tour into something that blows listeners minds..

Awesome show!!!!! Oh my gosh the Big Room of Cynges.. I cant even talk about it!! (L) _o_

Here are some pictures from the show in Vegas, shot by Mikey McNulty (Godskitchen Las Vegas Resident Photographer) . To see them all, go to http://www.mikeymcnulty.com

Awww i am so happy for her ^^ ! I wonder who she is i want her to see this pic!!!
    "I'm really digging his sets lately- hopefully this will help me to get 2 weeks worth of work done in the next hour or so..." -twin, Sam.

[/quote]

Markus is his own worst critic, even after two awesome sets in MOS he wasn't happy so unlike something that's recorded live and streamed out live he has the chance to rectify sets, alter the tracks slightly to change the mood into a more perfected piece. I can see the pro's and con's of both approaches. Changing the tracks alters the authenticity of the set, but can also turn a somewhat mediocre GDJB World Tour into something that blows listeners minds..[/quote]

yeah i completely understand what you mean, i loved the episode either way.on another note, next time i see him in a club, i will probably travel to a non-vegas one. i love living here and all..but i'm used to seeing him at non-club events with huge energy from the whole crowd! oiy

Quote Originally Posted by Elyyse
    Awesome show!!!!! Oh my gosh the Big Room of Cynges.. I cant even talk about it!! (L) _o_

Here are some pictures from the show in Vegas, shot by Mikey McNulty (Godskitchen Las Vegas Resident Photographer) . To see them all, go to http://www.mikeymcnulty.com

Awww i am so happy for her ^^ ! I wonder who she is i want her to see this pic!!!
    hey that's me, in the front with the black lacey halter type shirt on :> i swear i was may more thrilled than i look in these pics haha.
    oh and that girl was very sweet, and loved markus! he shook all of our hands in the front row, it was very nice :>

awww cool you spotted yourself!! I will be in Vegas the Week of March 15-21st, Im HOPING that Godskitchen has a good trance event that week since I will be there at that event either way with Mikey photographing it.

Check out the whole set of pics, im sure your in tons of them!! mikeymcnulty.com
    "I'm really digging his sets lately- hopefully this will help me to get 2 weeks worth of work done in the next hour or so..." -twin, Sam.

Yes, another World Tour behind us. And it's from a very exciting place Las Vegas. Ohh how I wish to go there one day But wake up Alex and say something about the show! :P

Dyor 2 Dyor - Vision (Big Emotion Mix) - as I said before I'm not a big fan of Dyor, so... skipped it..
    David West - The Hideout - freaky tune :P
    Mike Foyle Presents Statica - Bittersweet Nightshade (Markus Schulz Return To Coldharbour Remix) - oh no, not again....
    Daniel Portman - Wellness Park (Helvetic Nerds Remix) - sounds pretty nice
    Sunlounger Featuring Zara - Lost (Club Mix) - great that Markus played this tune! It's definitively one of the best tunes from Sunlounger
    Dennis De Laat - Every Breath (Anthem Instrumental Mix) - I'd love to hear this tune live
    ID - very nice sound! I wonder what it is
    Tiƫsto vs. Markus Schulz & Andy Moor - Ten Seconds Before Daydream (Markus Schulz Mashup) - wow, I'm impressed !!! Nice mashup Markus
    Mr. Sam Featuring clAud9 - Cygnes (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction) - omg again that overplayed track... sick.. :/
    Armin Van Buuren - Face To Face (Martin Roth Remix) - once again Martin Roth showed us that he can make a perfect remix
    Nic Chagall - What You Need (Marco V Remix) - another one good "old" track
    Way Out West - The Fall (Richard Durand Remix) - Thank you GOD and Markus for that tune !!!!!
    Miki Litvak & Ido Ophir - Shnorkel (Dousk Exclusive Gems Remix / Markus Schulz Edit) - sounds nice
    Markus Schulz - The New World (Giuseppe Ottaviani Remix) - very good remix from Giusepppe !!