Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Markus Schulz @ Letrik - The Tivoli, Dublin - Feb 14th

Quote Originally Posted by djustoe
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchingVirus
    Yup!

5 hours of Markus this weekend, 2 in London, 3 in Dublin. Deffo looking forward to this!
    I'll keep an eye out for you touchingvirus. Your the guy on the left in your photo right?
    I'll be wearing a thong on the night.. A red one for the occasion thats in it...
    :lol: :lol: I think you were being facetious, but I'm on the right :P

Quality post!

As for when Markus is getting on, the Tivoli is licensed till 2:30am for music & drinks, and it's a 3 hour set so around 11:30 would be my guess for when Markus is on stage

ok great im looking forward to it big time..
    Thats the best part about Markus Schulz, he never ever disappoints!!

well... that was weird. I was having a great night and then I see the security guys running by carrying some girl who obviously overdosed.. Then I notice all the undercover Gardai doing there job..
    You'd think the organisers would have learned from the last time and made the stage less accessible for the scumbags.. Kinda funny though.. One week Markus could be spinning infront of an amazing crowd on some beach in Miami, and then a few days later hes infront of a load of scum in dublin...
    I not sure that i agree with him turning down the music and nearly walking off the stage though.. i mean yeah, these guys were on the stage, but they werent stopping him from djing in anyway... unless they were affecting his concentration...?

Its always so much better watching him perform in another country...

well... that was weird. I was having a great night and then I see the security guys running by carrying some girl who obviously overdosed.. Then I notice all the undercover Gardai doing there job..
    You'd think the organisers would have learned from the last time and made the stage less accessible for the scumbags.. Kinda funny though.. One week Markus could be spinning infront of an amazing crowd on some beach in Miami, and then a few days later hes infront of a load of scum in dublin...
    I not sure that i agree with him turning down the music and nearly walking off the stage though.. i mean yeah, these guys were on the stage, but they werent stopping him from djing in anyway... unless they were affecting his concentration...?

Its always so much better watching him perform in another country...
    Something needs to be done about people getting on the stage at Tivoli, it's just not right. Of course it'll affect concentration, not to mention somebody could end up spilling a drink over the decks and Markus. I don't know how he managed to stay with it for so long, it's a safety & security thing I don't blame him for wanting to head off stage until it cooled down, there was just so much stuff happening at the gig, not to mention the absolute TUNES he was throwing down, I've got lots of videos I'll put up tomorrow!

Awesome weekend, had fun at both of the gigs, the Irish crowd were way more up for it than the Ministry crowd, but that has it's downsides too :lol: :lol:

Next stop, Lush! in Portrush?

It will be interesting to see if Markus will comment on his night at The Tivoli in his next blog. I mean no matter how you play with the words, how can you summarise that night as a great party. He was so disgusted and right to be ! Im proud to be Irish, but sometimes it can be so embarrasing to be part of the Irish society in which we live. That night I kind of felt sick!!!! Ive seen Markus play on numerous occassions on the continent, from his first Armada performance in Club Asta in Den Hague, his appearances at TE and most recently, his performance at the ADE, and on each occasion, nothing but a decent, friendly crowd.

Well I dont blame Markus if he doesnt return to Dublin. Even if he those, if its in a similar sort of venue, I think ill pass (as much of a fan I am). I would much rather go to see him play in another country where the fans can simply behave as opposed to killing each other!

I simply hope he doesnt base his opinion of irish people from the types that attend his gigs here in Dublin!

It will be interesting to see if Markus will comment on his night at The Tivoli in his next blog. I mean no matter how you play with the words, how can you summarise that night as a great party. He was so disgusted and right to be ! Im proud to be Irish, but sometimes it can be so embarrasing to be part of the Irish society in which we live. That night I kind of felt sick!!!! Ive seen Markus play on numerous occassions on the continent, from his first Armada performance in Club Asta in Den Hague, his appearances at TE and most recently, his performance at the ADE, and on each occasion, nothing but a decent, friendly crowd.

Well I dont blame Markus if he doesnt return to Dublin. Even if he those, if its in a similar sort of venue, I think ill pass (as much of a fan I am). I would much rather go to see him play in another country where the fans can simply behave as opposed to killing each other!

I simply hope he doesnt base his opinion of irish people from the types that attend his gigs here in Dublin!
    I just said it was an awesome gig, I'm not going to let incidents like that marr my evening or my weekend, even though it definitely soured it and I'd much have rathered it never happened, as I'm sure do 99% of people who were at Tivoli and Markus himself. And yes, you're right, this doesn't happen anywhere else in the world really, just here and it's a terrible shame. I just don't see what I, as a fan, can do about it so I don't see why I should go on about it.

The best thing to do would be to have events in a better venue with stricter standards of security (and numbers) and then everybody is happy. There's a few venues in Dublin that have handled similar gigs very efficiently (e.g. Tripod).

Markus has a few Irish friends, and he said it after the gig that he knows 99% of people out there were the real fans so he's not tarring us with the same brush and he'll play for us again at some stage, though he might be best off passing up any offers to play Tivoli if you ask me.

It was my first time in Dublin, it wasn't the nicest thing to see but it hasn't put me off returning for another gig in the future

You could see that the vast majority of the crowd WERE there to have a good time and enjoy the music.

Anyway...amazing weekend! Thanks Markus, Darren and Danny

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley
    It was my first time in Dublin, it wasn't the nicest thing to see but it hasn't put me off returning for another gig in the future

You could see that the vast majority of the crowd WERE there to have a good time and enjoy the music.

Anyway...amazing weekend! Thanks Markus, Darren and Danny
    Huzzah! Twas great seeing ya again, glad you enjoyed it all the same and it didn't put you off, we're not all ruffians :lol: :lol:

Roll on Lush!

check out Markus's updated blog.
    Im glad to see he didnt try to pretend that nothing happened. Was an amazing night up until 1.30.. Cant wait to see him again.. Next time however, it wont be in Ireland, thats for sure.

check out Markus's updated blog.
    Im glad to see he didnt try to pretend that nothing happened. Was an amazing night up until 1.30.. Cant wait to see him again.. Next time however, it wont be in Ireland, thats for sure.
    I'm not going to say why, but I did laugh at your first line :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Markus is playing in Lush! up in Portrush on March 14th, there's a little posse of us from the forums/chatroom trying to get going to it, should be a brilliant night!