Administrator

Beatport Awards 2009 - Markus Nominated

Digital download website Beatport.com is heralded worldwide as one of the best resources for purchasing dance music. For the second straight year, the site is hosting an awards ceremony, with the nominees in each category a reflection of the producers whose tracks have sold in multitudes for the past 12 months.

The Beatport 2009 Music Awards looks back on the biggest movers and shakers in 2008, with categories for many genres within the dance spectrum. In the Trance category, Markus Schulz has been shortlisted, as a reward for his success achieved with his second artist album Progression, the subsequent singles released from it, and cumulating in the release of his remix album, Progression Progressed.

Markus kicked off 2008 with the full release of Cause You Know, with the Nic Chagall remix in particular earning a spot on multiple compilations throughout the year. In March, the now anthemed Perfect was unveiled, championed by many DJs throughout the summer festival season.

July 28th would see the birth of Coldharbour Day, primarily highlighted by the release of Coldharbour Recordings' 50th signing, Markus' collaboration with Andy Moor, Daydream. Assembling the most impressive remix package to date, the track stormed the Beatport charts, with the Lemon & Einar K Uplifting Remix taking number 1 spot at the beginning of August.

Markus closed out 2008 on two fronts: firstly, remixing Australian recording artist Sia's track Buttons, which has chalked up impressive sales in seperate release territories in the US & Canada, the UK and BenNeLux. And finally, as part of the Transmission 2008 celebrations, Markus released a new production, dedicated as the theme for the event, entitled The New World. Both the original, and Markus' Return To Coldharbour Remix, have been huge features in the sets of many at the tail end of 2008, and even into 2009.

Beginning 2009 has seen Markus remix a track on his own Coldharbour label, the aptly titled Bittersweet Nightshade by Mike Foyle. Having started off the year so strongly, 2009 could yield yet more success and more recognition.

You can vote for Markus as Best Trance Artist, as well as nominating him as the "most influential, relevant and forward-thinking person in electronic music in 2008", by going to the following URL.

http://www.beatportal.com/awards/beatport-music-awards-2009

Thanks for your vote!

Re: Beatport Awards 2009 - Markus Nominated

You can vote for Markus as Best Trance Artist, as well as nominating him as the "most influential, relevant and forward-thinking person in electronic music in 2008", by going to the following URL.
    Damn straight! On it.

Re: Beatport Awards 2009 - Markus Nominated

I was gonna vote Markus Schulz for Best trance artist then i saw Gareth Emery on there and I had to vote for him. Markus Schulz has had really good tracks but Gareth Emery everything he touches turns to fucken gold not gonna lie his new HeartBreak(Gareth Emery Dub), This is That, I believe(Gareth Emery Dub), Vampire(Gareth's Garuda Remix)

I know Markus also has had really good stuff Sia-Buttons(return to coldharbour Dub), Bittersweet Nightshade(Return to coldharbour remix) which is honestly the best track of 2008, The New World,Perfect(agnelli & Nelson).

Hard Choice but i had to pick Gareth sorry Markus

If Armin wins it im gonna Gouge my eyeballs out