Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Markus Schulz at Ministry of Sound, London - 13th Feb 2009

See you all there tonight

craig david FILL ME IN!!

how was it?
    what did he spin?

Was amazing first of all thanks to Markus for chilling out with us nice to see the usual victims :twisted:
    Darren, Hayley, Monika :P Danny Boi & Alex.
    Some nice warmup stuff from Josh Gabriel playing some nice tech house, techno & prog house, then it was time for Markus.
    Loaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaads of new tracks were played so alot of ID's was an amazing set and wouldn't expect anything els from Markus.

I didnt really take many photos on my phone plus my phone really doesn't like strobe lights as you see in one or two of the photos.

Danny has taken loads of vids and probably some photos too so when they recovered after tonights gig in Ireland there will be more pics n vids going up for sure

Heres a few i taken

Gia

Hey.
    I wanted to thank to all of you (Rick <3, Hayley :*, Danny, Darren, Phil) for a great night And of course big thanks to Markus, for his awesome set and for his time he spent backstage with us. We had a lot of fun there :P I took some pictures and I will post them on my myspace soon.

I was supposed to go back home on Saturday but due to some technical problems with Stansted Express (delayed and cancelled trains) I didnt manage to catch my flight :/ I had to buy another ticket for Sunday morning and I came back to London where I partied again lol. I didnt sleep at all Im finally at home, tired as hell, but happy
    Im not sure if I will go to London anytime soon though lol, this city doesnt like me I think :P

My turn? Yes?

Top of the list is a thank for Markus for a great weekend, filled with amazing tunes and of course for hanging out with us and having a chat
    Cheers to Darren, Hayley, Hayley's Dad, Rick, Alex & Monika too, good company is always nice :mrgreen:

I forgot to ask for Friday off work until Thursday night (which was too late) so I had to work Friday. I got up early about 7am and went off to do the day. Headed over to my nan's house for a shower before going to the airport. I made the airport in plenty of time and went for something to eat. I was sittin there about 6:15pm reading a paper after eating dinner. I thought my flight was at 19:20 like last time but when I checked my boarding card (lucky I did really) the flight was due to leave at 6:55 with the gate closing at 6:30 - I wasn't even through security

I ran down the stairs, asked somebody if I could skip the outrageous queue and go through the business class/fast track area and she was nice enough to oblige. I skipped the queue in security too by looking generally uncomfortable to the extent somebody asked me if I was in a rush and why From there I ran all the way to the gate, making it just in time - Phew! Damn you Friday the 13th for conspiring against me

Listened to the GDJB from Thursday on the flight over, got through Gatwick and the train was late. I still make it to MOS just as they opened up but went down the road to a pub where Hayley & her dad were with Rick having some pre-club drinks. We headed inside and met Monika & her friend on the way in along with Alex (xander from the chatroom, lazy face hasn't signed up on the forums :P). Standing up on the balcony waiting for the main room to open there were some tech/prog house tunes being thrown out, I was loving it.

This continued with Josh and then Darren shows up, I swear he's like a ninja, we never know if he's gonna be there or not :mrgreen: Darren managed to conjure up some tags for us to go see Markus (Monika has her own magic tag stash somewhere :lol: ) We went to say hello and then I went down to enjoy Josh's set, gotta say it's not my usual cup of tea but it really sat well with me that night, enjoyed it immensely!

And then came Markus, who just blew us all away, dropping an outrageous two hour set filled with all sorts of crazy tunes, from some new stuff I've never heard anywhere to the regular stuff like The New World, Chakalaka's Time Gate and that. Some of the new stuff is astonishingly good, full of thumping basslines, fantastic melodies, I just wanted to take all his CD's home with me -- I'm sure Markus is glad I'm not a kleptomaniac There was one track (I've got it on video) that's got either samples or is a remix of Power of American Natives, which Darren told me is from 1992 :shock:

After Markus wrapped it up (and the crowd begged for more) we went backstage and had a lot of fun just chillin' out and talking about random stuff. I met Ciara/Blueberry & her friend back there but it took me quite a while to recognise her We actually missed Mike Koglin because we were talking so much. About 5:30am Markus, Darren, Hayley, Rick & Hayley's Dad along with Ciara left so me & Alex went downstairs to the dancefloor to enjoy the Viceroy and Simon Patterson who threw out the Mirrors Edge tune, Shah's Back To You and some Guiseppi track along with DJ Governor (Orjan Nilsen) track I first heard on ASOT 3xx [can't remember] and thought I'd love to hear it live.

The night wrapped up at about 6:45, I got my pic with Simon & heard him publicly hate on his F16 track before heading off to the tube station & going back to the airport for Saturday to begin!

I'll put the videos and pictures up in the other forum (the Pictures one) and post a link when I've got them up

@Monika, There was a problem with the stansted express train yesterday. Ciara/Blueberry didn't get the train, got a taxi, missed her flight and had to book a hotel because the next flight she could get was this morning -- she even missed the Dublin gig

Gia

Quote Originally Posted by TouchingVirus
    There was one track (I've got it on video) that's got either samples or is a remix of Power of American Natives, which Darren told me is from 1992 :shock:

Dan, its new Markus' remix for Dance 2 Trance track from 1992 - The power of american natives . Btw. I asked Markus to play it

@Monika, There was a problem with the stansted express train yesterday. Ciara/Blueberry didn't get the train, got a taxi, missed her flight and had to book a hotel because the next flight she could get was this morning -- she even missed the Dublin gig
    Yeah, she had the same problem, but I was the lucky one and could come back to London to stay in my friends house and then go party with him. Anyway I spent lots of money for another flight though

looks like you had fun guys i am sooo jealousss :evil: hehe j/k

Official GDJB Greek Supporter

Twitter http://twitter.com/velvetmorning82

Damn shame about the Stansted trains fooking up !!!! Surely they had an alternative way of travel and put busses along the route ???
    Monika hopefully next time Markus will be at Passion near me then we can have a big party and not have the chaos that is London

Gia

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Valentine
    Damn shame about the Stansted trains fooking up !!!! Surely they had an alternative way of travel and put busses along the route ???
    Monika hopefully next time Markus will be at Passion near me then we can have a big party and not have the chaos that is London

Rick, I coudnt take bus because I stucked in the Stansted train 10 mins way from the airport. I was 1 hour later than I should be... Next day I took the bus at 3 am, didnt want to risk again with the train lol.

Yeah, London is always bad for me lol. But if I can go with you to Passion, I will come to UK with a pleasure

Videos are online

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=399

Photos will be up later this week