Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
    Gia

Re: Markus Schulz on Radio 1's Essential Mix (06-12-2008)

Danny, your review is great!

I also posted something on BBC Radio 1 board

It was one of the best mixes I have ever heard. Starting deep and progressive how I like and then built up with some techy sounds. This set contains almost all my fav tracks but also some new oustanding tracks from Dakota - alias of Markus Schulz. And the remixes of Korona and Bittersweet Nightshades... are just perfect, I have shivers when I listen to them. I wouldn't choose better tracks for remix. I think Markus Schulz deserves top 10 in Dj Mag Poll and I really wish him to reach top 5 next year.

Afternoon i've listened to this show on my winamp. 8-)

Another great set by Markus. That's all! :P

I posted up my comments:

------
    Thank was absolutely MIND BLOWING! I am so happy I tuned in, was better than doing anything else on this night, and I really really mean that!

The new Dakota tracks are AMAZING, a whole new level of production.
    Perception Edit by Markus himself is STUNNING and classic.
    So glad to hear Mr. Sam Cygnes!! Banging emotional track - all in one package for me!
    ... Not to Mention.. my favorite moment of the show - Randy Boyer & Eric Tadla - Aden's Dream (Original Mix) - - SIMPLY a beautiful, beautiful stunning track!! Oh my gosh, I cried! (RIP ERIC TADLA) What a fit in the mix too.

Overall this mix was 100% stunning. The track selection was unanimously on point, the mixing was smooth and wonderful. Markus made a comment in his blog that the mix was produced as if he were producing a mix compilation CD, and he told us in his forum that he worked for 3 weeks on this mix. A true testament to Markus's respect for the Essential Mix radio show and all that is represents in this industry. His hard work clearly paid off, this mix is one that is going to be talked about for months... years!!
    "I'm really digging his sets lately- hopefully this will help me to get 2 weeks worth of work done in the next hour or so..." -twin, Sam.

Added my comments earlier on, really is such a stunning mix. Really into the two new Rex Mundi tracks as well, which I forgot to mention earlier

OK, so my formatting got messed up, but look at the number of comments compared to some of the other sets

My review is up on bbc! I cant thank Markus enough for this amazing set. Im still in awe. Its so hard to put into words...But I tried my best!!

This was the mix of the year, imo. And not just Essentials Mix of the year- in all that i've listened to (and I follow as many Djs as possible, as well as promote them). This was pure trance, energy, heart and soul. Markus has taken us to the level you dream of finding when listing to trance. He starts out with a very emitional begining to really bring the listener in, and then, before you know it you are in a world of driving bass and heavenly melodies! He takes all of the great tracks you expect to hear and mixes them in with some amazing new things that we will be sitting on the edge of our seats waiting to hear again! The progressions and transistion are beyond professional and his talented ear and loving heart shine through in this entire mix- from the very first note to the very last. In my experience with Markus Schulz sets, I have yet to be dissapointed- my concern now: how could ANYONE, even Mr Schulz himself, even dream of topping this!? With the hard bass lines and just enough vocals I would not hesitate to use this mix to introduce new fans to the genre as well as bring old skeptic and trained ears! This set was so deep and still so uplifting, it is oozing talent, a Dj can only dream to create just ONE set like this someday in their lives.
    Samantha from CT, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Elyyse
    Thank was absolutley MIND BLOWING! I am so happy I tuned in, was better than doing anything else on this night, and I really really mean that!

The new Dakota tracks are AMAZING, a whole new level of production
    Perception Edit by Markus himself is STUNNING and classic. .
    So glad to hear Mr. Sam Cygnes!! Banging emotional track - all in one package for me!
    ... Not to Mention.. my favorite moment of the show - Randy Boyer & Eric Tadla - Aden's Dream (Original Mix) - - SIMPLY a beautiful, beautiful stunning track!! Oh my gosh, I cried! What a fit in the mix too. Means So much to sam and I, really. RIP Eric Tadla and congrats to both Randy and Eric on such a great tune, thank you Markus!

Amazing amazing!! I hope to revisit this forum much more in the future! (Sam- Why werent you on my butt more about this in the past!! haha)
    Youre always so busy during GDJB- I didnt want to make you feel WORSE, missing all the fun here as well!! haha...but NOW, you will be nagged. Consider yourself warned!!!

Gia

Oh gosh! Have you seen all posts on BBC Radio 1 board? 99% of positive reactions
    But I would kick the guy who said that Markus has a silly american accent :evil: lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gia
    Oh gosh! Have you seen all posts on BBC Radio 1 board? 99% of positive reactions
    But I would kick the guy who said that Markus has a silly american accent :evil: lol.
    I just dropped by the Essential Mix web site I am really glad to see all these reactions ! There is a big family behind Markus that loves what he does !

It has to be the EM of the year !

Quote Originally Posted by Gia

lets go get him!!!! :evil: