Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Markus Schulz @ Future Music Festival, Australia 2009

Have to cancel going to Brisbane Personal reasons. Was really looking forward to that gig and meeting up with friends north of the border. Dammit.

Oh well still have the Sydney show! Hope the festival organisers do a better job this year.

For anyone going to the Brisbane festival, the set times have been released and it looks like Markus will be playing a 3 hour set and closing the 'Ten Pound Crew' Stage from 7-10pm.

Full set times here (on page 19):
    http://www.scenemagazine.com.au/read/index.html

Markus is closing one of the stages Sydney's festival as well! 3 hour set from 7-10. Only problem is its the sublime stage Please for the love of god be a better setup this time. If it looks anything remotely close to last years I will be p!$$ed off.

Australia get excited.... Markus is in town! Little under 6 hours to go!!!!

Markus Schulz @ Future Music Festival, Sydney 2009-02-28

Ok i’ve finally been able to regain some energy and can now put together a review of yesterday’s future music festival in Sydney. Firstly I have to say that the overall setup of this years was a HUGE improvement over last years, especially the sublime stage where Markus’ set was. The stage, sound, lighting and atmosphere in general set the scene for what was going to be a fantastic night.
    Before talking about Markus’ set, a bit of a funny story. A friend and I went halves in a Australian Socceroos jersey to give to Markus. We had it customised with SCHULZ on the back as well as the number 1, just to show our appreciation for the music that Markus has been dishing out lately as well as returning to Australia so quickly:

At the start of the set, my friend hurled the jersey to Markus as he arrived behind the decks. The funny thing was that he naturally assumed that we wanted him to sign it and return it to us. As he signed it and went to throw it back, we were all screaming “NO NO NO FOR YOU FOR YOU” hahaha. So he now is the owner of a Australian jersey with his name on it and signed by himself LOL Anyway to the set.

The Sydney crowd was pumped and immediately as Markus appeared back of the stage, the whole front rail line went ballistic. I didn’t actually take my camera to this event, purely for the reason that I wanted to enjoy it without having to worry about taking Vid’s and pics. My friends did take quite a few though so as they come to hand I will post them up in the Photo’s and Videos section in this thread. There are also some videos taken by a few people from inthemix with some ID's if anyone can help out:

http://www.markusschulz.com/forums/v...php?f=14&t=549

Here are some of the tracks from the 3 hour set (not in order):

U2 - New Years Day (Intro)
    Sunlounger Featuring Zara - Lost (Club Mix)
    Rene Rodriguez - Hey What's Up (Barnes & Heathcliff Remix)
    Timmy & Tommy - Full Tiltin (Joint Operations Centre Remix)
    Rowald Steyn - Hold Control
    Dakota - Sin City
    Markus Schulz Featuring Dauby - Perfect (Agnelli & Nelson Remix)
    Gareth Emery vs. Delerium – This Is Silence (Black Army Mashup)
    Mr. Pit vs. Above & Beyond - Shana Can't Sleep (Black Army Mashup)
    Lange & Gareth Emery vs. Signalrunners - Another Aria, Another Epica (Markus Schulz Mashup)
    Synergy - Hello Strings (Danilo Ercole Remix)
    Nic Chagall – What You Need (Marco V Remix)
    Blackfeel Wite - First Night (Moonbeam Remix?)
    Markus Schulz vs. Andy Moor – Daydream (Ronski Speed Remix)
    Ferry Corsten - Brain Box
    Eurythmics vs. Ronski Speed - Space Dreams (Markus Schulz Mashup Dub)
    Art Of Trance - Madagascar (Richard Durand remix)
    Skytech - Cardboard Box
    Jochen Miller - Lost Connection
    Ernesto vs Bastian - Laser Brain
    Wippenberg vs. Marc Vision - Chakalaka's Time Gate (Markus Schulz Mashup)
    Markus Schulz – The New World (Original Mix)
    Rex Mundi vs. Ronski Speed - The Perspective Space (Markus Schulz Mashup)
    Sia - Buttons (Markus Schulz Return To Coldharbour Dub)

The tracks below are possibilities, because although I have listened to the tracks a few times, I wasn’t able to confirm them on the spot. I will go through my friends videos to see if my hunch’s were correct. I guess this is the only problem with not having your own camera LOL you can’t watch them back the next day and confirm that they were played without having had a few drinks beforehand :P:

Rafaël Frost – Red
    Chance Jumpers - Korona (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
    R.E.N.O.I.S.E – Dead Wishes
    Dance 2 Trance - Power of American Natives (Markus Schulz Return to Coldharbour Remix)

Anyway....WOW what a night. I’m not a big fan of the sweet dreams mashup but that really went down well with the Sydney crowd so each to their own I guess. Also it was a shame that Elevations remix of Phoria didn’t get played because I think that would’ve tore the roof of the place as well as Biscayne. Hopefully next week in Melbourne when Markus has 4 hours to play with. However it was truly an amazing night. Perspective space made another appearance and sent the crowd nuts. The biggest highlight for me was hearing the difference between the time ‘Perfect’ was played last year compared to this year. Last year you could only hear a handful singing along, this year it was like the half of the room was in tune and loving every second of it. So great to hear!!!!!!!!!!!

I’ve had a quick look through the inthemix forums and here is what some people had to say about Markus’ set:

“Markus Schulz killed it”
    “He played perspective space?
    Jesus... if the cube clashes with schulz in brisbane... sorry cube, you are teh lose”
    Dont forget "the new world", love that song, crowd went pretty spastic when he droped it!
    Markus Schulz.

F**k.Me.Dead

I did not leave the arena for one bit, I was up the front for basically the whole time.

That has to be one of the best sets Ive witnessed, kept the crowd involved for the whole time, played a great mash of his own tracks, other popular tracks and mash ups. Lol at the hot blonde who was wearing the sombrero. I was so glad he played perfect, got right up the front for it.

From Memory he played
    - Lost
    - Perfect
    - Daydream
    - Lost Connection
    - They always come back ----] Fairly sure this got played
    - Full Tiltin
    - Chakalaka
    - New World
    - Brain Box ----] Wasn't expecting this to be played at all, awesome track though
    - Silence
    - Shana Cant Sleep
    - Sweet Dreams
    - Space Perspective ( Basically gizzed myself when he played this)
    - Buttons ---------] Pretty decent track to close with

Oh yeah and can anyone ID the track before Lost Connection, it sounded like an electric guitar, was one of the tracks of the night for me
    Christopher Lawrence was then getting me in the mood, pumping it out and raising my level of excitement, setting me up for what was a brilliant set by Markus Schulz. I now know that trance is the one for me and i don't need to be 'munted' to enjoy it
    Schulz saved the day for me. What a great set!
    So the set ended and because it was the last set of the night Markus had some time to take a walk along the front row, have some photo’s and sign some autographs which is a big reason why he is number 1 in my books. I managed to have a photo with him as did my friends and had a quick chat about the upcoming gig in Melbourne for the world tour episode of Global DJ Broadcast which you could tell were both as excited for.

BRING ON MELBOURNE!!!!
    Markus is going to have a tough time trying to outdo his performance tonight, but with an extra hour and a more intimate environment such as QBH, I have no doubts he will.

Blackfeel Wite - First Night (Moonbeam??? Remix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FveQKPNHD88
    Hi, I'm Markus Schulz. I play deep-melodic-uplifting-progressive-tech-trance.

Quote Originally Posted by donkeydrop

Welcome aboard mate Another Sydney-sider on MS.COM!

Marcus played an awesome set in Perth. I just wish we could get a club gig from Marcus. Anyone know the ID of the first track of the first video?

Future Music Festival
    Australia - Perth - Wellington Square
    2009-03-01

[youtube:1jsyu7fr]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8UkMiANBJ8[/youtube:1jsyu7fr]
    01. ID
    02. Timmy & Tommy - Full Tiltin [Joint Operations Centre Remix]
    03. Wippenberg vs Marc Vision - Chakalaka's Time Gate
    04. Rowald Steyn - Hold Control
    05. Markus Schulz ft. Dauby - Perfect
    06. Jochen Miller - Lost Connection
    07. Nic Chagall - What You Need [Marco V Remix]

[youtube:1jsyu7fr]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJcyWEDfyiw[/youtube:1jsyu7fr]
    01. Dance 2 Trance - Power Of American Natives
    02. Ferry Corsten - Brain Box
    03. Dakota - Sin City
    04. Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams
    05. Rex Mundi vs Ronski Speed - The Perspective Space [Markus Schulz Mashup]
    06. Nalin & Kane - Beachball
    07. Markus Schulz ft. Andy Moor - Daydream
    08. Markus Schulz - The New World
    09. Art Of Trance - Madagascar [Richard Durand Remix]

Quote Originally Posted by donkeydrop

Not the moonbeam remix, it's an ID remix..just like the one he played in the Ministry of Sound last February

Quote Originally Posted by DGNR8
    Anyone know the ID of the first track of the first video?
    Nice VIDS there mate! Unfortunately the first track in unknown at the moment. I am DYING to know this ID. Markus dropped it last night at the FMF afterparty in Melbourne. I am thinking it will be unveiled this week for GDJB world tour airing (Friday morning our time, believe it's 4AM)