Administrator

[CLHR058] Markus Schulz - The New World

Markus Schulz - The New World

Release Label: Coldharbour Recordings
    Release Code: CLHR058
    Release Date: November 24th 2008

The New World (Intro)
    The New World (Original Mix)
    The New World (Markus Schulz Return To Coldharbour Remix)

In honour of almost becoming a permanent fixture in the history of Transmission arena events held in Prague, Czech Republic, the organisers offered Markus Schulz the challenge of composing a special theme for the night.

Markus was faced with a tricky conundrum, as, in his own words:

“When you play in the big arenas, you need a special type of track in your set to work exclusively for that type of setting. This is why ‘The New World’ is slightly more techy and upfront. I get inspired seeing wave upon wave of people in these arenas, the sheer volume of the crowd can take your breath away sometimes. So you need to make something that really strikes home with everyone in the arena, whether they are right up at the front or back. But I feel that the track still has my trademark groove and melody.“

Taking inspiration from previous Transmission events, Markus produced a trademark anthem, with techy tones and a huge riff combined with a spine-tingling melody. From the middle of Spring, he roadtested the track in front of mass audiences, across clubs, arenas and festivals worldwide, everyone unaware that this indeed was the much talked about Transmission theme.

By the time the summer rolled round, the anticipation was overflowing, and speculation began to mount with regards to the producer of this golden gem of a track. And as time ticked down until November 8th, the identity of The New World was finally revealed, to mass acclaim.

Not content with resting on his laurels, Markus went back into the studio in October in an attempt to rediscover his roots, and put a sprinke of sound on The New World that had originally brought him to the dance.

The results are claimed by many to supercede the original, as the Markus Schulz Return To Coldharbour Remix have devastated dancefloors, from Ministry of Sound in London, to White Angel in Budapest, to Monster Massive in Los Angeles. With such demand for both versions, the decision was taken to release The New World in a short timeframe following this year's Transmission event, and now, that time has arrived.

With support for both versions from every topline DJ across the globe, The New World has proved to be one of the standout tracks of 2008.

Available to buy digitally from Armada / Audiojelly by Clickng Here
    Available to buy digitally from Beatport by Clickng Here
    Available to buy digitally from CDJShop by Clickng Here

Re: [CLHR058] Markus Schulz - The New World

but wait...I just bought this on Amazon.com ???? am I lost here? maybe Im completely missing the point of this thread if so ooops!!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by hellosam
    but wait...I just bought this on Amazon.com ???? am I lost here? maybe Im completely missing the point of this thread if so ooops!!
    Only the Original Mix of The New World was on Progression Progressed. The Return To Coldharbour Remix (the one Markus has been hammering on GDJB over the past month) hasn't been released yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpactPlayaz
    Quote Originally Posted by hellosam
    Only the Original Mix of The New World was on Progression Progressed. The Return To Coldharbour Remix (the one Markus has been hammering on GDJB over the past month) hasn't been released yet.
    yeah, I just looked in my order hystory to see what exactly I ordered- apparently its the version from the ASOT 2008 album LOL...which was dumb of me, because I actually recently ordered that as well...oh well...too bad markus isnt getting the double monies though!! HAHHA

a blonde, hard at work over here!!! :lol:

sweet news!

but.. what about some other tracks which are signed to coldharbour too? Like Robert Burian - Vegas, Dyor - Vision, Elevation - Biscayne, R.E.N.O.I.S.E. - Dead Wishes, Mike Foyle - Bittersweet Nightshade, Tritonal feat Soto - Daybreak.. Which of them we can expect to see released this year?

Not Biscayne anyways

I can't wait for the Return to Coldharbour mix of this one, The New World just got a whole lot better!

great stuff, waiting for this.. 8-)

and wanna Biscayne!!! :roll:

Glad to have the original mix on Progression:Progressed, looking forward to the remix coming out too

I really hope this will see an exclusively release on audiojelly this week, as you said, Bali and Transparent also had previously .

Administrator

You can now order The New World at CDJShop by Clicking Here

Interestingly, the "Intro" that Markus used at the beginning of the GDJB World Tour from Budapest is included in the package!