Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    damn didn't know about the GDJB, that's a shame really.

in a way i kind of wish EDM wasn't so mainstream now, that way there would be a fine line between those 'radio hit producer's' and those that actually know about producing and dj'ing, but i can't be selfish as i know EDM going mainstream has it benefits too for the talent.

one way to really know if a DJ has sold-out is to see if they still do what they used to do before this bubble. for example, kaskade has gone mainstream, but in los angeles a few weeks ago, his staples center gig after-party set was 95% deep house, a lot of people were dissapointed(new-generation fans). new years last year, he played for 12 hrs(12 am to 12pm) at marquee las vegas and completely switched his set to deep house after around 4am. on the other hand, we have lost some DJ's too, sander van doorn used to play extended sets, now he shows up drunk, plays for 2 hours and leaves, very disappointing when the club is open until at least 6 am.

markus has been my favorite dj since i got into the scene at around 2008, i know it's hard for the old-time fans to accept this change, but we have it good with mr. schulz, it can be A LOT worst. if you miss the sound from back in the day, go listen to some james holden or something.
    Last edited by modthispny; 01-09-12 at 01:18 AM.

Markus,

posted this thread over at TA. definitely more appreciative of you over there.

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/s...=#.UEFUW2ig5eY

Tracks I really like (In no particular order):

1: Markus Schulz & Ferry Corsten - Loops & Tings
    2: Markus Schulz feat. Ana Diaz - Nothing Without Me
    3. Markus Schulz, Elevation & Khomha - Triotonic
    4: Markus Schulz - Soul Seeking
    5: Markus Schulz feat. Adina Butar - Universe Is Mine
    6: Markus Schulz feat. Sarah Howells - Tempted
    7: Markus Schulz - Digital Madness (Extended Album Mix)
    8: Markus Schulz feat. Ken Spector - Scream
    9: Markus Schulz & Elevation - Finish Line
    10: Markus Schulz & Mr.Pit - Push The Button
    11: Markus Schulz & Arnej - Karbon
    12: Markus Schulz & Wellenrausch - Silence To Call

I can't wait till Extended Versions and Remixes are launched!

WELL DONE MARKUS!!!

@MarkusSchulz... Haters gonna hate. The album is awesome! I've had Nothing Without Me on replay God only knows how many times. In general, all forums are disconnected with reality, no matter the issue related (music, movies, sports, you name it) It's really easy to judge and criticize, but jeez I cannot imagine what the workload of making a 23 tracks album must be. The creative process must be exhausting, and the result is quite pleasing I think.

Unless you go dubstep all the way (...please, just don't haha) I am going to keep supporting the evolution of Markus Schulz, the artist and brand as well as Coldharbour Recordings and its producers. Musicians must remain relevant to make a living and the sound must evolve to reach new territories. I love me some Eye Q Records techno and trance classics, but people wouldn't be actively listening to EDM if it would still sound like it did in 1994.

As soon as the CD format arrives to my local records provider, I'll surely add Scream to my collection.

Markus you have great support all over the world, don't let the very small percentage of forum-so called 'haters' put you down (I know they probably don't, but anyway..). To be honest I feel that a number of Scream tracks apart from Soul Seeking and Nothing Without Me still have to grow on me. I don't particularly like the style of some of the tracks, but I like the concept and the idea behind it. To make an album with 23 tracks you have to be really diverse and you'll have to make sure that no track sounds like another, and you must have accomplished this in my opinion. You're one of the very few artists who is succeeding the most in staying true to your own sound while slowly adapting to what the general public needs to listen, and you do this by getting a very good balance between the two. Some people even need to accept the difference between a radio set and a live set, by not expecting the same tunes to be played. To admit, I sometimes dislike a small number of tunes played on the world tour, but I know you play them as you think that they are the best for the particular crowd. And for who does not like the so called more 'mainstream' stuff, you have all your Dakota work and city compilations which should please the ears of your older listeners, being much more progressive and/or clubby. I would prefer much much more if you don't get trousy like some of the other DJs, but at the moment I'm satisfied by what you're doing and my DJMag vote reflects this. These were my thoughts and I wish you the best of luck with the album, and yes, more bookings and global recognition.

Ok, but if you listening MArkus Schulz since 2002 you can be disappointed if you heard Scream album. Its just democracy. Everyone wants to posting on topic

Carry on!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkusSchulz View Post
    #1 If I do not have a big enough presence in the scene, you can forget about listening at home because the radio show will be cancelled. You can look at Sirius as the first example of that. They have cut the GDJB down to only the first hour to make room for guys who have radio hits right now. There is now big pressure to keep up or be pushed aside. The sad fact is 90% of the tunes I play on a normal GDJB (which are amazing), flop in a live set. When I say flop, I am talking nobody moving on the floor, people leaving, people flipping you off and yelling to play harder. I have seen it all. This is a pretty uncomfortable feeling when you have the promoter who books you standing in the booth with you. You either realize quickly that you better rock the club or you will not be booked back.
    okay, now i see it. so you make & play type of tracks to get bigger & bigger gigs. well it's really sad to see that you're somehow forced to play & make commercial stuff instead of making and playing whatever you want. but it's your job, you have to make money out of it. well..

When you say "lacks soul" that is pretty vague because to some people this music has soul. I am going to make an assumption that you are talking about production technique. In my older productions (and in most older prog/trance tunes) the melody is hidden behind layers of sweeping synths, delays and efx. We produced like this back in the day and yes we had a strong core of fans but as they aged out of the scene new fans came in looking for something more bold. Now you take the strongest melody/lead and you put it right in the front for everyone to hear. The cutoff filters are usually opened up all the way and the subtle build ups have given way to a giant pitch bend. Again it goes back to either keep up or be pushed aside. The melodies in my tracks are the same style as before, just bolder and up front. The percussion elements are still the same, I use many softer claps and rides to leave room for more layers in sounds. Maybe you are not into this modern style of production, but when I listen to the older stuff I cringe at the production. If I would have known then what I know now!
    the problem is that most of big names (including Markus Schulz) are producers & DJs at the same time. and they are focused on making this loud, noisy music for their live sets. and when you get more and more popular you make more and more noisy and commercial music. but for the last few years (as you were getting more popular) you've managed to produce some decent quality progressive trance stuff. i don't know what have changed (You or ppl that comes to your gigs that demand to listen to this brainless music) but with this album you seems to be following the trend.

#3: It is a shame that you say the radio show is one of your favorite shows on the radio, yet you judge me only on an album I have produced that was never intended for the message board people. I am going to keep doing what I am doing. And I will quote something I heard in a movie last week while on the airplane: "When are you going to realize that things will never be the way they used to be" (Finch to Stifler in American Reunion)
    when it comes to listening to the gdjb i just try to separate 'markus the producer' from 'markus that amkes radioshow'. when i listen to your radioshow i feel the magic, when i listen to Scream i don't. simple as that. GDJB is last things that keeps me active on this forum. You often support producers that onone else supports, you play sets full of beautiful porgressive tunes, with excellent mixing and build-up. Thank you for this, i hope that will never change

and thanks for this depressing quote lol , now im gonna listen to one of your Classic Showcase.

Last edited by topereq; 01-09-12 at 10:43 AM.
    All time fav : DJ Eco & Martin Roth - Tonight Is Forever (Martin Roth Edit)

http://www.mixcloud.com/topereq/

Markus Schulz & Mr.Pit - Push The Button EXTENDED MIX RELEASE PLEASE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Evening Twilight View Post
    Ouch, not too strong?
    hmm maybe. maybe he still have his magic, but it feels like he didn't use it for making Scream (with very few exceptions)
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerBoy10 View Post
    @MarkusSchulz... Haters gonna hate.
    Quote Originally Posted by solarvision View Post
    Markus you have great support all over the world, don't let the very small percentage of forum-so called 'haters' put you down (I know they probably don't, but anyway..).
    please don't call me 'hater'. belive me , im very far from hating on Markus and his album. having different opinion on sth doesn't make me hater. i worte what i worte b'cos i care about MS and the things he does. and i had no intention of putting him down. i just wanted to let him know that there are ppl that want trance to be more than just a few beats & simple melody to dance. that's all
    All time fav : DJ Eco & Martin Roth - Tonight Is Forever (Martin Roth Edit)

http://www.mixcloud.com/topereq/

Quote Originally Posted by Wojtus View Post
    Ok, but if you listening MArkus Schulz since 2002 you can be disappointed if you heard Scream album. Its just democracy. Everyone wants to posting on topic
    why?! Why can you be disappointed? Find the best tracks at all, if you don't like the complete album.
    2006 August 19. @ Palace Club :: Siófok
    2008 October 18. @ White Angel :: Budapest World Tour
    2009 July 30. @ Rio :: Budapest
    2010 May 19. @ 4Bro :: Budapest
    2010 July 22. @ Rio :: Budapest World Tour
    2011 February 11. @ UP! :: Budapest
    2011 July 28. @ Rio :: Budapest World Tour
    2012 October 22. @ Studio Nightclub (Extended Set) :: Budapest
    2013 July 4. @ Rio (Extended Set / 4 hrs) :: Budapest
    2014 May 16. @ Rio (Extended Set / 4 hrs) :: Budapest World Tour???