Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    mmmh, should i feel guilty now for posting the negative missing LA 12' tracks topic?
    in a state of trance we trust

I don't consider 30.000 people whose average post content on FB doesn't get above the level of MARKUSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WhEn ArE yOu CommmIng 2 mY cOuntyYYY????!!!! fans.

I do agree though that forums are a dead medium. The reason for this imo is twofold. First of all the DJ artists without exception have left their own forums themselves, leading to a majority of the community members giving up as well and leaving a small group of disgruntled fans who are most of all frustrated that they lost the ability to interact with their hero and now are basically left to talk amongst themselves. Add to that the massive changes in sound and style that most of these artists are constantly making, desperate to get a slice of the new David Guetta generation and there you have your explanation for all the negativity.

If these artists weren't so busy trying to be pop stars while hiding behind the unilateral communication wall of social media none of this would have happened. Hate, bickering and arguments have always been the side effects of being a pop star. And becoming one also comes with hurdles of new "fans" who are absolutely clueless about your history and have no recognition whatsoever if you're just walking the beaten to death path on autopilot or are actually doing something great and creative.

Gareth Emery playing On a Metropolis day at ASOT 550 and the crowd going wild. I rest my case.

^^^^^^^
    a little late on this conversation but you are 100% right

Just read this, and shocked me a lot. Well, I think closing the forums is not a good idea. We need to make it more active. It would be too easy just to close it. People, let's do something for the forum. Also about the deadness. When there were smore people, and we discussed every single ID, and stuff like that, that waas beacuse 2 people started saying "Wow, this ID is good, let's find it out!", and things like that. Well, but when we don't discuss it. I understand this whole situation, if two or more people doesn't come up with these stuffs, of course, in a short time it will get usual, and won't doing this. Admit it, none of you would like to discuss about an ID, or anything like that for just yourself, but when we had more people, then It wasn't that "embrassing", or I don't know why is it like that today. Anyway I'm not sure if it's just me, or you people recognize it too, but when we had this update in the forums the activeness of people went hugely down. The old forum was better in this point of view, I don't know what made the people leave this forum, when it changed. As everybody knows, I'm the youngest Coldharbour fan here with my 14 years old, but I do see things that are missing. We need to bring new peoples, or old ones back, It's always easy to say "Well, they are inactive, just damn it, let's delete it." This forum needs people, those are the only missing things. Also I saw most of you guys do post things in the other topics, and I mostly see the posters of my "What are you playing now? " topic are not online while GDJB is on DI, and not posting any feedback to the show, that's why I'm not surprised we only have 4 or 5 pages per episode fulfilled every time. Back in the older days we had 20 pages per every episode. Hope you still read this, Markus, f not, please guys try to tell him my opinion, would be important. Hope this makes him leave the forum as it is. We just need people, and you guys at all the off-topics. Don't just be active there, but when It's GJDB time, pull yourself together, and enjoy the music what Markus gives us every Thursday. Hope you read this, Markus, if not, please guys try to spread him my opinion. The forum shouldn't be closed. We, fans want it to be alive. And yea, this is my opinin with my 14 years.

World Tour Budapest Supporter | GDJB Listener | Coldharbour Recordings Lover

This forum is not the only place that sees negativity, it's just the internet and how people in general behave behind a computer monitor.

I frequent another site and I found this article to be quite interesting because it does relate to not just this forum, but also many other forums as well.
    http://comics.ign.com/articles/122/1222037p1.html

The general message is the same, people in general will always nitpick or just be negative. It shouldn't be this way, yes, but unfortunately it is human nature and any sort of entertainment that is shared online with others and people have access to voice their thoughts, inevitably the naysayers are going to come in and just voice their "opinion" whether it be worded politely or otherwise.

However, it is up to the community to come in and discuss these topics and steer the negativity away and have a neutral discussion, it is okay to agree to disagree, however there are ways of going about it.

It seems like thinking before speaking or voicing an opinion is a lost art form and being conscious of others and how we perceive these opinions.

Seems some of us aren't open to constructive criticism while others aren't even aware of the concept.

I am however glad at the few of us still here, seems like we are the minority that can think and express ourselves without offending others, to you guys, I congratulate you.

I am also find myself frequenting more since the mood of this forum has been on the more positive, mature side. Keep it up everyone
    Last edited by CarlosSR; 12-04-12 at 10:12 PM.
    Coldharbour Citizen for Life.
    Loyalty can't be bought, only earned.

I must admit, I stopped visiting these forums on a regular basis, a while ago for the same reason that Markus wants to shut this place down - Negativity... far too much of it! And it seems to be the same group of people throughout. Guys, we have heard your opinion over and over again! We don't need to keep on hearing it. It starts to get a little bit draining, and upsetting at least for me. The GDJB chat seems to have gone in the same direction too (I also stopped going there)

Having said that, I really don't think these forums should be shut down, in fact I think they need to be ALOT more active! I've met some great people through this place, people who I now consider close friends :-)
    Last edited by Hayley; 15-04-12 at 12:22 PM.

Hayley, glad to see you back! I hope you stick around
    Coldharbour Citizen for Life.
    Loyalty can't be bought, only earned.

Yeah, forum looks more positive now again so we hope you will keep returning.

I'll stick around if they keep this place open :-p

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley View Post
    I'll stick around if they keep this place open :-p
    tell adrian to come back too!
    what's up and welcome

http://twitter.com/jdub889