Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 58
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    818
    I've come to a conclusion about this whole ordeal that has been coming for a while, and this may upset some, but this is a discussion, so why not?

    There's fans of a "sound" and then there's fans of a person.

    I'll leave it at that and hopefully those that read my post can come to their own conclusions and what that statement really means.
    Coldharbour Citizen.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by fridaycoffee View Post
    in some things i agree with him, but others not...its like if you follow me blindly you're cool,if not you're not worthy because i can get 10 new other fans instead of you in just a second...
    I think you are misreading the context man. Markus isn't advocating a blind following, he is just stating the facts: his social media fans discuss and respond to EVERYTHING he's involved in right as it happens (gigs, studio sessions, videos, releases, even his daily tweets/posts, etc.), while the forums tend to lag way behind if they even talk about it at all. It's not about replacing old fans with new fans at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by tina
    and his new "30,000 people on facebook and twitter that are live at his concerts" either don't know about the forums, or don't care enough about markus and the cold harbour crew enough to become a member and post (imo)...
    I think there's some truth to that. I think most of them aren't aware about his forums and/or don't care for forums due to social media. I'm a huge Markus fan, but once I starting seeing how dead the forums became, I stopped posting and just headed over to Facebook and Twitter. So, I wouldn't say it's a matter of loyalty, but just a matter of preference. -- Either way, I think you are right, and most of the new fans probably don't care about the forums, which is a bad thing.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    818
    Good point on the social media; I think that twitter and FB have the advantage of instant feedback, although it isn't deep or well thought out compared to the forum which is more of a discussion type of outlet.

    But also, social media sites are more reflective of the world we live in; the fast, million miles an hour million things to do in a day and social media requires small amounts of time and the fact that we have access to these sites on go means that we don't have to type in such a thought out reply.

    But, they are not conducive to these types of discussions either. So therefore, I think, it is necessary to have both.

    For example, a 6 hour broadcast will see more activity on the forums than a 6 hour club night such as Space. One, we have the luxury of listening to a recorded set from our homes and we can post about that set on the forums. But with a live gig, instant access is preferable, and hence twitter and FB have the advantage.
    Coldharbour Citizen.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosSR View Post
    Good point on the social media; I think that twitter and FB have the advantage of instant feedback, although it isn't deep or well thought out compared to the forum which is more of a discussion type of outlet.
    Yeah, it's literally impossible to have a deep discussion on Twitter, and on Facebook it's often hard to read or gets lost in "view previous comments" -- So I definitely agree, forums are a wonderful and the best place for in-depth discussion and debate.

    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosSR
    So therefore, I think, it is necessary to have both.
    I agree. When Markus first announced that he might close the forums, I figured it was just a matter of technological evolution, but in hindsight I've come to realize that the forums are important for that very reason...And this is why I am back here now, in hopes of helping keep it alive!

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    818
    Also, I've noticed that people tend to wait until Tigerclaw starts a new thread on upcoming releases and that's when people discuss that release, for example Go!

    No one has started a thread, but when it is officially announced, that's usually the start of a convo. It isn't necessarily that people don't want to talk about upcoming releases (that's why we have the Current ID Thread), but I feel it's closer to reality that people maybe don't want to step on any toes.

    But yea, I def love Go! I tweeted this weekend at Space that this production would be at home as an action movie trailer tune. And I've been behind on my CH purchases, being broke sucks, (I really really want to cop the Rex Mundi and Khomha EPs).

    Let's keep it going!
    Coldharbour Citizen.

  6. #26
    Junior Member Steam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3
    Please do not close the forums. I don't post but I do use the forums for news and upcoming releases.
    Last edited by Steam; 29-03-12 at 11:31 PM.

  7. #27
    Senior Member SergioS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Beta Nightclub Denver, CO USA
    Posts
    123
    Keep doing your thing Markus.

    I'll try to post more over here, I'm guilty of not doing so as much

  8. #28
    Keep them open Markus. I visit once in a while to get ID's and see whats going on.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    559
    i think it would be disappointing if the forums were shut down. i understand if they aren't what they once were, but i disagree that there's not a lot of excitement generated here for what's going on in markus's sets, releases, etc. the LA12 release party thread, for example, was like 10 pages long before the party ever happened, and remained active for at least a week afterward as people were reliving the memories. also, just because tracks like go! and remember magnetic north might not have entire threads dedicated to them, there was a ton of chatter about go! in the ID thread before he identified it (and we even guessed who the track was by). if that's not total markus nerddom i don't know what is.

    i like the forums here because people here generally know way more about markus and coldharbour than i do and as a fan it's fun to be surrounded by that, even if some opinions are negative and others positive. twitter and facebook are just full of people posting "hey markus when are you gonna play my city lulz" in response to everything, even though everyone there is a fan they mostly don't know enough to spark an engaging conversation about the music we all love. i think twitter, facebook, the forums, tranceaddict, everything has a use for some people and it would be a shame if the forums got shut down because only a few people still use them. whatever though, if they get shut down i'll just find somewhere else to waste my time talking about music, cause that's just what i do
    what's up and welcome

    http://twitter.com/jdub889

  10. #30
    Senior Member caesarinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Niš, Serbia
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by tina View Post
    pretty much
    the old cold harbour people left a long time ago as they saw where markus is heading now-a-days and his new "30,000 people on facebook and twitter that are live at his concerts" either don't know about the forums, or don't care enough about markus and the cold harbour crew enough to become a member and post (imo)...
    i will remain and continue to lurk/post forever!!
    And where Markus is heading? The LA compilaton (especially CD1) and Bolandish track: are they Coldharbour style or unicorn slaying? GJDBs are not deep and dark enough? In his last 2011's blog Markus said he will surprise us with some progressive stuff under his own name, not Dakota, and he hit the nail with Bolandish! So saying that he changed his style is not valid point. If Markus changed his direction than Tiesto changed this planet and lives on Pluto.

    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosSR View Post

    But yea, I def love Go! I tweeted this weekend at Space that this production would be at home as an action movie trailer tune. ...
    Hahaha such a true statement!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •