Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    No need to close the forum, we need the official tracklist here, not to mention the ID's thread.

Quote Originally Posted by topereq View Post
    yeah but what's the point of keeping forums where you can't complain and share your opinion with the others?
    this right here...mods need to be more lenient and respect people's opinions instead of deleting threads and warning/banning even if they themselves don't agree with them...this is a discussion forum not a markus cult/worship site
    and besides, we all joined this site because we are markoooose fans

Quote Originally Posted by tina View Post
    we all joined this site because we are markoooose fans
    !!!

well said

Quote Originally Posted by caesarinho View Post
    I will ask Markus about this during today's GDJB chat if he is available.
    Alright, Markus answered my question of Facebook:

Quote Originally Posted by Markus Schulz
    it's becoming too much of a Coldharbour complaints office, and it's hard for me to keep motivated when I'm reading the same negativity day in and day out. Won't definitely shut them down but it's in my mind.

I am thinking about closing the MS forums because the most important things going on people do not discuss. For example, no topics about the massive B2B sets from this weekend. No discussion about Ferry, Khomha and me working in studio, no discussion about tracks like Go, Remember Magnetic North...just random tired topics are discussed. I took it off the MS.com front page because that page is my home page and everytime I am on my laptop these tired topics stare me in the face and give me negative energy. The entire forums has a dark energy to it.

it's a little sad because I devoted a lot of time to reading forums over the years, it's hard to understand why there is this hatred when I or others have done nothing to people personally

I think I am more accessible through social media anyways. And to be honest I do not like going to the forums because of the energy there. I do not need people to tell me how great I am or stuff like that, I welcome comments when something is not right, but when I play a massive set in front of 30,000 people and facebook and twitter are blowing up, yet the forums dead, there is something not in sync. I just need to cut out some of the negative vibes in my life. I am so happy right now creatively.

YEah so for now I just took the forums off the front page of MS.com. It is pointless to have posts that do not represent what the majority of the fans are feeling on the front page of my website.
    Last edited by caesarinho; 29-03-12 at 05:38 PM.

To be honest, he does have right in some points. But main problem is that there will always be ones who constantly complain. But they were minority in the past when those forums flourished. Now most of people are gone and haters are majority. The solution is to get these forums more active and not to close them. There still are people who dont want them to be closed.

Quote Originally Posted by caesarinho View Post
    The solution is to get these forums more active and not to close them.
    I just wanted to say this.

If MS forums were closed I would be very sad. I prefer forums to social media because of better discussions. I think positive impact on discussions and the forums in general would have the comeback of Darren!
    Last edited by Voodoo Child; 29-03-12 at 05:58 PM.

Social medias have its advantages but on forums is better discussion. When I read comments on Markus's Facebok, many of them are just spam and one word answers. There's not any discussion except during GDJB when he chats with us. 99% people who comment on his tweets - I cant see them never during GDJB. While all the same 20 or 30 faces every Thursday there on Facebook and those are diehard fans. On forums we have better discussion than on FB and more dedicated fans, we just need to get new members and increase its activity - than we will cut down the hatred. But I must say, I never saw almost anyone from this forums chatting with Markus during GDJB's on Facebook. He is there chatting with us almost every GDJB.

Well, as for me, I like to browse a bit of everything on the forum, even if it isn't a new topic.

But I'm also from the school of thought that if you don't have anything nice to say don't say, or rather say it in private.

Think of it like this, if you have a problem with a co worker, the Professional etiquette would dictate that a discussion be had in private out of respect and professionalism.

I don't see why it's so difficult to follow this. Granted, I understand that we all identify with the music, but that doesn't give anyone the right to be self entitled and start posting negative comments. I've posted this before and I'll post it again; If you wouldn't say it to someone in person, what makes it okay to post it on the internet, a public place? Is it Internet Anonymity?
    It's one thing to say "Okay, personally I'm not feeling this track" But this is crossing the line "Rip OFF!!!!!!" Seriously???

I think honestly the last time I saw this forum come together was for my Thoughts Become Things 2 All Dakota Episode thread I had started last year.

And Markus is right, there have been a lot of great developments going on with Coldharbour, but no one discusses it. And mainly I think it's due to people not wanting to start a topic to avoid an all out flame war.

As for me, I love posting the gigs I go see Markus play at, and in all honesty, attending Coldharbour Night and being at the pre party, that was a Dream come true. Chatting with Khomha, Adrian Ivan, Arnej, Tim n Mike, and Holger, that was special. I and consider it a privilege to have been a part this special night.

Granted, I hope I wasn't too annoying once I had those shots, because I don't remember anything after that, LMAO!

All in all, it also falls on us, the forum members to keep this place active.
    Coldharbour Citizen for Life.
    Loyalty can't be bought, only earned.

in some things i agree with him, but others not...its like if you follow me blindly you're cool,if not you're not worthy because i can get 10 new other fans instead of you in just a second... but at the same time there's no use complaining over and over again...if he really enjoys what he does and not for the money its his choice, like it was his choice to produced the music that appealed to many in the past, life changes quickly...he have to deal with it...

anyway the forum is dead....

Quote Originally Posted by fridaycoffee View Post
    in some things i agree with him, but others not...its like if you follow me blindly you're cool,if not you're not worthy because i can get 10 new other fans instead of you in just a second... but at the same time there's no use complaining over and over again...if he really enjoys what he does and not for the money its his choice, like it was his choice to produced the music that appealed to many in the past, life changes quickly...he have to deal with it...

anyway the forum is dead....
    pretty much
    the old cold harbour people left a long time ago as they saw where markus is heading now-a-days and his new "30,000 people on facebook and twitter that are live at his concerts" either don't know about the forums, or don't care enough about markus and the cold harbour crew enough to become a member and post (imo)...
    i will remain and continue to lurk/post forever!!