Hybrid View

Cool Kjuna - This is Infinity

Hello!

I've been making this one for two months and finally have something to show. This is my first track ever (don't be scared of that - it is not that bad) Give it a try and any feedback would be so awesome!

Why I'm creating a thread here? Just because a lot of people said me that this one sounds couldharbourish, so, I decided that members of this forum will give proper professional comments and valid critisims

http://soundcloud.com/kjuna/kjuna-this-is-infinity

Cheers!

Hmm, it's good, but I think you need some EQ tweaks - sounds too muddy I like your bassline. But the first synth sounds(from about 1min) have too much reverb or something what makes it like "below the main surface of the track", for me Nice synth about 2 min. Deep, but need some EQ in the high end to make sounds warmer and cleaner Pads are really great. I love this stuff. Kick should be louder for me also.

not bad, i agree with Alex that kick should be a bit louder.. everything else sounds great too me, maybe it needs a higher bpm too but that's just me.. some dark vocals would fit this tune perfectly!

Alex, YES! That's exactly what I've been thinking about - what's wrong about that sound - now I know that there is too much reverb, thx for the tip!

Axt, I've tried vocals (obviously ) but failed so to say.

Concerning kick...well, I tried to make it louder or brighter but this ruined the entire track each time. Still a huge room for improvements.

Thx for feedbacks! You're welcome!

For a first song I'm quite impressed. The overall theme of the track is very good. It is a bit muddy as Alex mentioned, but you should be able to fix most of that with some EQing. I'd suggest going with a different kick all together, it seems a little out of place. It's lacking a bit a bit of punch for me. Maybe try something that's a little louder and punchier in the mid range. Then try to mix and eq the track so it has a nice presence.

Generally, the track seems to be a bit heavy on reverb. So I'd tweak with that a little bit. The delays come on a little strong as well. Perhaps lowering the dry/wet on the delay would make it a bit more subtle without making it disappear? Again, like most of the elements, just play around with it a little bit and they'll sit well together. All in all, it's a great track and with a little bit more work it will turn out really well. Best of luck and post the track when you finish! I'd love to hear it.