Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Administrator

Markus Schulz #9 on the DJ Mag Top 100 for 2011

the results are out and Markus Schulz makes it to the #9 spot on the DJ Mag Top 100 for 2011, David Guetta takes the #1 Spot leaving Armin van Buuren at #2.
    http://www.top100djs.com/top100

Its official: http://www.top100djs.com/top100.

Thats big disappointment to me, I really hoped that Markus will climb up a bit. Still, in OUR world he will always be #1.
    Last edited by caesarinho; 21-10-11 at 12:05 AM.

Horrible ranking in general. I don't care Markus's position. The mainstream nowadays is shitty house music, and it's reflected in the rank.
    Now, what it surprises me is that progressive music is DEAD. Worldwide exponents like Sasha, Cattaneo, Digweed...all of them 50+. Curious.
    But well, 600.000 votes all around the world must not be taken as the world's EDM voice. Guetta has 2.5kk followers in twitter.... you know what i mean.

even though Markus is #9, considering the mainstream DJ's he's against, not bad for the unicorn slayer. He's also very consistent in the top 10, Gareth Emery was there for 1 year same as Sander van Doorn.

Dash Berlin #8 is a joke but he does have a huge following.

Very surprised about Sander van Doorn, each year i feel he's gaining more popularity yet he drops.

Yeah I also feel sorry for Sander, he is my favourite DJ and producer after Markus.

Well this is it, EDM has gone mainstream.

From here on out, trance will reinvent itself. It's just a matter of time before the newest flavor of the week takes hold. Let's see how long this lasts.
    Coldharbour Citizen.

I sincerely hope this news isn't disheartening to Markus, this poll is really a farce. I think if anything Markus has improved especially considering that Coldharbour has seriously improved this year imo with less fluffy vocal releases and more club bangers and dark trancers.

That said I think Markus has done very well on this poll in the face of all the electro and house on the upswing this year especially, I was actually concerned Markus would fall out of the top 10 because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by ohcrapitsnico View Post
    I sincerely hope this news isn't disheartening to Markus, this poll is really a farce. I think if anything Markus has improved especially considering that Coldharbour has seriously improved this year imo with less fluffy vocal releases and more club bangers and dark trancers.

That said I think Markus has done very well on this poll in the face of all the electro and house on the upswing this year especially, I was actually concerned Markus would fall out of the top 10 because of this.
    yep.

it's actually really good considering the majority of dj's in the top 10 are mainstream.

Guetta I can understand. Armin, Tiesto, Deadmau5, A&B and Markus I can understand. I'm very surprised to see Avicii, Afrojack and Dash in the Top 10 though. Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure everyone will agree that Markus has done an amazing job in the last year. With Prague, Thoughts Become Things II and Coldharbour releasing a new EP almost every week, it's obvious Markus (and the Coldharbour team) has been putting in ridiculous amounts of work. He's stayed true to his sound and kept all of us fans happy. If that's what gets him a #9 position, so be it. I'm happy with your work Markus. Keep it up!

After all, and besides the value of this poll, Markus at 9th position is really amazing. This was the worst year of trance in terms of ranking (Just look the top 20) and markus still in the top 10.

Markus seems happy with this poll and the result, so kudos and congrats to him!