Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Terrace 5 A.M. On UR 5

Tracklist of Armin van Buuren's upcoming comp. Universal Religion Ch. 5 announced and Terrace 5 A.M is in. What do you guys think about tracklist?

http://www.arminvanbuuren.com/news/2011 ... chapter-5/

Re: Terrace 5 A.M. On UR 5

Why do you ask for our opinion about a compilation from Markus' biggest rival?

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer
    Why do you ask for our opinion about a compilation from Markus' biggest rival?
    Pretty sure they aren't rivals..I think its great that Armin is supporting a new Dakota track. if anything it will put Markus's name out there even more. No idea what your talking about daydreamer

Quote Originally Posted by SKTranceFan
    Pretty sure they aren't rivals..I think its great that Armin is supporting a new Dakota track. if anything it will put Markus's name out there even more. No idea what your talking about daydreamer
    They both want to end up as the #1 and call themselves "best of both worlds" so that's why. It sure is nice that a popular DJ supports one of Markus' tracks but asking what we find about that DJ's next compilation on the other DJ's forum? Doesn't seem correct to me.

i dont think they are rivals as well.

armin supports markus pretty well.

i saw him last friday at las vegas and he played terrace 5am, rotunda, and also outsider and he's also been playing sinners this summer as well.

For the record, with the word "rival" I don't mean they hate each other or something, they just both want the same thing: being the #1.

It sounds more logic that Markus wants more fans than Armin instead of more fans than Above & Beyond or Gareth Emery, right?

And no I'm not saying especially Markus aims on this but it's just something every DJ wants.

I know what you mean Daydreamer.

It's one thing to point out Armin is supporting Markus on his new compilation.
    It's another thing to start a discussion about Armin's new compilation.
    @ Atlanta: 09.18.08, 04.23.09, 07.07.10
    @ Charlotte: 09.25.08, 04.02.09, 11.20.09, 09.24.10
    @ Miami: 03.29.08, 03.23.10, 03.26.10, 03.11.11

Daydreamer I don't get your point. They're both in Armada "team" and play pretty diffrent kind of trance/progressive.

They're competing for fans, praise and recognition...what's so hard to understand about that?

Obviously they work together, and sometimes they play each other's stuff -- but for the most part, they're "rivals" and are both trying to be the #1 DJ in the world.
    @ Atlanta: 09.18.08, 04.23.09, 07.07.10
    @ Charlotte: 09.25.08, 04.02.09, 11.20.09, 09.24.10
    @ Miami: 03.29.08, 03.23.10, 03.26.10, 03.11.11

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer
    For the record, with the word "rival" I don't mean they hate each other or something, they just both want the same thing: being the #1.

It sounds more logic that Markus wants more fans than Armin instead of more fans than Above & Beyond or Gareth Emery, right?

And no I'm not saying especially Markus aims on this but it's just something every DJ wants.
    Everybody wants fans haha, don't you even want more fans than Armin :lol: But if the subject is making music, DJ Mag or any competitions are just colors that gives excitement to listeners and DJs. If all people make music just for number of fans, DJs like Airwave or Mike Foyle should have been in DJ Mag, we know they could make more crappier and popular tracks.. Anyway I love trance music and in these days here is the only website I discuss music; so I can share tons of things, in my opinion. In the meantime, I posted the subject to "Markus Schulz News and Discussion" forum instead of "Coffee Lounge", because of Terrace 5 A.M.