Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Los Angeles '12 ???

at the end of his gig this past saturday at avalon, markus did say that he's been telling everybody that LA is the best place in the world to party.

with 2 6hr + sets in the last 3 months...and his ever growing fan base in los angeles..i think we should definitely be considered.

the only other place that might rival Los Angeles is either Budapest or Green Valley.

what do you guys think?

Re: Los Angeles '12 ???

Buenos Aires and London also.

I was thinking about Budapest '12.

LONDON! sigh... yeah!
    Coldharbour Manc
    www.twitter.com/RedDevil09

I thought Budapest was a lock for '11, so I'll be surprised if it isn't '12. But maybe he will choose a place a bit further away from Prague to spread things out and save Budapest for '13.
    @ Atlanta: 09.18.08, 04.23.09, 07.07.10
    @ Charlotte: 09.25.08, 04.02.09, 11.20.09, 09.24.10
    @ Miami: 03.29.08, 03.23.10, 03.26.10, 03.11.11

BERLIN'12 or BUDAPEST'12
    Hosting Internet Radio
    -=infected RADIO=-
    :: FeedinG You? Crav? 24/7::

Webplayer
    Local Media Player
    infectedRadio | Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by modthispny
    at the end of his gig this past saturday at avalon, markus did say that he's been telling everybody that LA is the best place in the world to party.

with 2 6hr + sets in the last 3 months...and his ever growing fan base in los angeles..i think we should definitely be considered.

the only other place that might rival Los Angeles is either Budapest or Green Valley.

what do you guys think?

I think LA is most definitely in the running for the 2012 city compilation. I think Markus has really noticed the passion of the LA coldharbour citizens and there is alot of them as evidenced at Avalon last weekend. The vibe was incredible at both of the extended sets, To me this past weekend's gig topped the May one if that was even possible. The energy level of the crowd was incredible with the fans still going strong even in the wee hours of the morning. You could tell Markus was in the zone and really feeling it too. His fan base has exploded in LA, I had never seen Avalon so packed before, I got there at 1 A.M., yes I know I was late due to prior engagements but there was a huge line outside even that late, I had to wait 30 minutes to get in even though I had presales. It was by far the craziest night at Avalon yet. I know Everyone that was at both shows this year could feel that LA is buliding something very special with Markus and it will continue to grow in the near future. Best set's ever so far IMO!!!!

On that note I think it's only natural for the next extended set at Avalon to be the Los Angeles 12 release party next year. I say Markus should take it to the next level and play an open to close set at Avalon from 9:30 P.M. till 8:00 A.M. , that would be unreal and probably by the far the best Markus set ever

I believe Markus is totally up for the challenge and what better club to do it then Avalon. I really would love to see how Markus would open a night up with some deep progessive tunes and slowly bulid it up as the night went on. I hope the LA fans agree

ya avalon is definitely equipped for a cd release party.

fingers crossed! los angeles definitely has the momentum right now.

Los Angeles is definitely a possibility, but you shouldn't get your hopes up too much. There are a lot of cities with special history to Markus or a lot of love/energy for Markus:

Budapest
    Buenos Aires
    London (Coldharbour origins)
    Miami (he's been hitting Miami hard the last year, they might getting a revisit of the city compilation sooner rather than later)
    New York City
    Phoenix (where Markus honed his sound)
    San Francisco
    Warsaw (He's shown a lot of to Poland lately)

I wouldn't be surprised if any of the above make the cut.
    @ Atlanta: 09.18.08, 04.23.09, 07.07.10
    @ Charlotte: 09.25.08, 04.02.09, 11.20.09, 09.24.10
    @ Miami: 03.29.08, 03.23.10, 03.26.10, 03.11.11