Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Markus Schulz at Ministry of Sound, December 19th 2008

Quote Originally Posted by TouchingVirus
    Payday tomorrow, but yeah, I've got a bit of sterling left over from the last trip that needs to be gotten rid of
    Seems like the perfect excuse

That's it! Your booking is complete, this is your Itinerary/Receipt.
    Well I guess that really is it, I'm going - Even though Ryanair jacked up the price by 20 quid over last week, the thieves!

It'll be worth it though, right Markus? Hayley? Darren? Rick? Monika? xander? :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by TouchingVirus
    That's it! Your booking is complete, this is your Itinerary/Receipt.

It'll be worth it though, right Markus? Hayley? Darren? Rick? Monika? xander? :lol:
    Of course it will

Fantastic that we are getting 3hrs of Markus !!!! PARTY
    My tickets are ordered. Will be flying over from Holland.

See you there,

Kate

ROLL ON FRIDAY :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

I hope the tracklists from both gigs either from 19th either from 20th wont be the same..

Official GDJB Greek Supporter

Twitter http://twitter.com/velvetmorning82

Of course they won't, have you read any of Markus' Tracklists I'd say if he was playing two events in the one night there'd be significant differences between the two tracklists too, so many good tunes need playtime :lol: :lol:

Set Times are in the first post now - 2 hrs 15mins of Armin, and 3hrs 15 mins of Markus! Awesome

Right, I'm just finished the long drive home from the airport, I'm absolute wrecked tired too 8-)

Yesterday started off cool, flights were on time, trains ran on time and all in all I was at the Ministry of Sound at 10:30 or so. I thought that'd be pretty early considering the lack of a queue last October at the same time but boy was I wrong The queue was incredibly long, there was way more people in it that would get in (limited space). I eventually got in up the guestlist path (thanks to those who helped, much appreciated!!!) and inside I went. I met Hayley's dad & boyfriend in there, no Hayley though because she was sick. I was meant to meet xander/Alex in there too, but there was no sign of him and then it got far too crowded to go looking for somebody - Armin sure does pull in the crowd.

Gavyn Mytchel played a good warm-up set but the crowd really just wanted Armin to get on stage. He didn't disappoint with some truly awesome visuals & lights/laser show - something that was lacking last October and the only thing I could fault the MOS on really.

*begin minor rant* Because of the way the club is laid out it's incredibly dark and there's a fair bit of smoke from the smoke machines, while this all adds to the atmosphere it makes taking videos and pictures nearly impossible - the flash hits the smoke and you get a white picture, and when you don't use the flash you can't see a thing because there's no light. Increasing exposure on the camera (so the lens takes in more light) is a no go because you can't hold the camera steady enough. So all in all you sorta have to be at MOS to get it or have some big mad camera that costs €2000 like the professional photographers...grrrr * end rant *

Anyways, Armin played a stormer. He left most of his mediocre tracks at home and went for the heavy bassline stuff - I loved it There was the odd track thrown here and there that kinda made me go all euugh, but overall it was a great set. Afterwards Armin was whisked away by security because he was playing at Godskitchen later on in the night and had to get there but I still managed to ask him for a smile and snap a picture :P

After Armin was Markus, who was actually late and looked pretty pissed off about it too :mrgreen: By now we were in the booth, it was just incredibly packed on the dancefloor but it was all right up there. I tried my best at tracklisting but quickly realised I'm useless at it with more ID's of songs I've heard before than ones I could name. So I did what any aspiring tracklister does, I looked at the CD stack where Markus was placing CD's after playing them and nabbed all the names I could so while I missed a few at teh start I still got a lot of ID's (Thanks Markus! )

There were some mad people hopping up on other folks shoulders to get pictures, shake hands and just generally enjoy themselves, it was great to see Markus interact which each and every one of them. Well, except for the crazy girl who threw her jacket up, Markus didn't quite know what to do with that one :lol: Somewhere, most likely on the Gallery website, you'll get a picture of Markus with a Santa hat on his head (somebody threw that too). There was also this blow-up poodle that was being throw around the crowd like a beach ball..

On to the music, Marcus opened with The New World Intro, moved into his remix of Bittersweet Nightshade then I got a few ID's (took sound clips of most of them so I could get them ID'd). The following tunes were then played:
    Another You Another Me (Big Room Remix)
    Sweet Dreams Space Dreams (or Sweet Dreams vs. The Space We Are)
    Ronski Speed vs Rex Mundi - Space Perspective (Markus Mashup)
    Marco Jooston vs E.C. - Offshore
    Wippenberg - Chakalaka vs some Arnej tune (didn't get the name)
    Roland Klinkenberg - Monday Groove (Remix)
    Timmy & Tommy - Full Tiltin (Markus Edit)
    Simon & Shaker - Starstuff (2007 Edit)
    Cass & Slide - Perception (Remix)
    Markus Schulz - Perfect (Agnelli & Nelson Remix)
    Gareth Emery vs Delirium - This is that vs Silence
    Robert Burian - Vegas (Gleave Remix [Edit])
    Rank1 - L.E.D. Let There Be Light
    Markus Schulz - The New World (Markus Schulz Return To Coldharbour Remix)
    Embrace - Embrace
    Markus Schulz - Daydream (Remix, didn't catch what one)
    Sia - Buttons (Markus Schulz Dub)

Afterwards Markus signed Progession Progressed, Amsterdam '08 and Armada at Ibiza for me (I'm such a fanboy but seriously .. HOW COOL IS THAT? \o/ :lol: ) and I left the club about 6am and Markus was still inside relaxing after the set!

Another great night at MOS, it's becoming by bi-monthly trip abroad now and my Carbon Footprint is going through the roof, or should that be ozone layer? :twisted:

Thanks again to Markus, Phil & Dan for a great night, see you all in February 2009!

Pictures & Videos to come later, when I trim down the bad photos and short clips and get some high-speed upload internet connection

fantastic report mate i cant hardly anymore now!!! i am about leaving my house now but took some minutes to read it... so nice you had a great time :mrgreen:

Official GDJB Greek Supporter

Twitter http://twitter.com/velvetmorning82