Markus Schulz presents Dakota - Katowice

Release Label: Coldharbour Recordings Red
    Release Code: COLD030
    Release Date: July 28th 2011

Katowice (Extended Mix)
    Katowice (Mr. Pit Remix)

Available to purchase digitally on Beatport by Clicking Here

“The epitome of tech-trance heavy industry” - Mixmag Magazine, August 2011

He continues to pack the biggest nightclubs whilst receiving rave reviews in response. His Thoughts Become Things II album has been critically acclaimed as another bold step for the trance genre. And with his annual Coldharbour Day celebrations approaching, it is apt that Markus Schulz brings his Dakota alter-ego to the fore for this special occasion - by dedicating it to a nation which has supported him immensely throughout his journey of being regarded amongst the industry’s elite.

His affiliation to the people of Poland and the city of Katowice goes back many years; with its Planeta FM affiliate being the first in the country to transmit and support his Global DJ Broadcast radio show on a weekly basis. But it was a visit to Katowice on a November night for Poland’s Mayday celebrations which projected this connection to the next level.

Inspired by the underground techno vibe emanating from the outdoor ambiance of the event, Markus harnessed his experience into a new track in his hotel room only hours after being on stage. Given unidentified roadtests through the Global DJ Broadcast World Tour events at Green Valley in Brazil, Vision in Chicago and Zouk in Singapore, speculation mounted whether this tech-trance filled grinder could be one of the Thoughts Become Things II offerings.

The answer was yes, and on the day the album details were revealed and the track in question was dedicated to one of Markus’ most rabid nation of followings, the Polish fans and the people of Katowice in particular knew that a strong bond had been formed, and the world was watching.

Fast forward to July and Markus’ first Global Gathering festival appearance of the summer in Gdansk, Katowice was on the tip of everyone’s lips. In front of over 15,000 fans, they got their wish by hearing the original live on the night, but they would also be the recipients of a world premiered alternative slant on the track - in the form of on-fire Romanian Mr. Pit. Played to audiences on both Global DJ Broadcast and A State of Trance in the same week, his remix gives Katowice extra room to blossom both in the clubs and on the grandest outdoor settings.

Katowice is aptly described in August 2011’s edition of UK magazine Mixmag - “All in all this is darkly minded, challenging and satisfying trance music”.

This is Markus Schulz’s tribute to the people of Poland, and Katowice will be the epicentre of many huge dancefloor moments across Europe and beyond.

Katowice (Extended Mix)

[youtube:46k7ik20]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFJPivgWPfI[/youtube:46k7ik20]

Katowice (Mr. Pit Remix)

[youtube:46k7ik20]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Q0EWe-s6g[/youtube:46k7ik20]

Re: [COLD030] Markus Schulz presents Dakota - Katowice

Finally we know! YEAH! KATOWICE WON THE VOTE FOR FIRST REALASE FROM TBTII

Great tune! The Original Mix is the best, but te Adrian's version is not bad.

Honestly, I was hoping that we will see also remix from polish boys - Skytech. It would be fantastic - Polish tune from Polish guys
    Did you know Buffalo has 2nd largest Polish community in the US? Well that explains last night. Crazyness! We even had a fire on stage - MARKUS SCHULZ

[COLD030] Markus Schulz presents Dakota - Katowice

Dark blue

Finally the release of the original mix, even though it's a shameless rip-off I'm glad with this.

Sweet!
    Damian K

omg! cant wait! my favorite from TBT2! 8-)

October 30th. 2009 --- San Salvador
    March 31st. 2010 --- Guatemala
    June 17th. 2011 --- Pacha NYC http://youtu.be/PaQKR2FCTr0
    October 31th. 2012 --- Guatemala

Skytech remix would be awesome for this, beTer than mr pit, his is pretty boring sorry

Really excited for this, this is one of my favorite tracks from TBT2

Oh poop...no 2nd remix?
    @ Atlanta: 09.18.08, 04.23.09, 07.07.10
    @ Charlotte: 09.25.08, 04.02.09, 11.20.09, 09.24.10
    @ Miami: 03.29.08, 03.23.10, 03.26.10, 03.11.11

Quote Originally Posted by james
    Oh poop...no 2nd remix?
    Maybe (hopefully) with Sleepwalkers remixes.

Starting to think there might be a TBTII Remix album since there's been no word on the Arnej Remix of Sleepwalkers as of yet.
    @ Atlanta: 09.18.08, 04.23.09, 07.07.10
    @ Charlotte: 09.25.08, 04.02.09, 11.20.09, 09.24.10
    @ Miami: 03.29.08, 03.23.10, 03.26.10, 03.11.11

I guess Arnej met some difficulties remixing Sleepwalkers. Once there was a tweet from him where he said that (not sure if it is a exact quote) "I totally understood that I can't remix tracks without melodies". :|

Oh yeah I found it: "I just realized I really suck at remixing melody-less records"

Btw - someone please explain me how to create links to some twitter messages?