Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

new genre : pop trance

http://soundcloud.com/jive-records/brit ... emeryremix
    Britney Spears - I Wanna Go (Gareth Emery Remix)
    srlsy WTF :?

who's next? Bieber? :roll:
    All time fav : DJ Eco & Martin Roth - Tonight Is Forever (Martin Roth Edit)

http://www.mixcloud.com/topereq/

Re: new genre : pop trance

Pop trance isn't that new

[youtube:1wdhm86x]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYUuqbSyTHY[/youtube:1wdhm86x]

I'm more worried about the so called "trouse" genre (trance + house) :?

Emery's remixed Britney? Why the fuck would he do that?!

It's not even pop-trance, it's just straight up pop music. I blame Guetta. For everything.

Quote Originally Posted by MrE

It's not even pop-trance, it's just straight up pop music. I blame Guetta. For everything.
    SHM combined main genres, and Guetta killed edm in 2009. Now everybody around me loves and listens electronic music, but i really can't have fun with those pop stuff.

I don't blame SHM, they invented a new style but now we lose old styles a bit as though.

Also remixing pop/rock tracks is not bad as for me. Even I can support some remixes, but it has to be trance if the dj calls it "trance" :lol: It have not to be made for just popularity.

$$$$

Doesn't phase me at all, Gareth totally lost me with his last album, that was a joke.

I just hope there will be some people left that will continue to make good trance music for good music's sake and not for money. I don't know why anyone would wanna make edm for money unless they were David Guetta cuz there ain't jack to be made these days with producing music I think.

Quote Originally Posted by buraksbt

SHM combined main genres, and Guetta killed edm in 2009. Now everybody around me loves and listens electronic music, but i really can't have fun with those pop stuff.

I don't blame SHM, they invented a new style but now we lose old styles a bit as though.

Also remixing pop/rock tracks is not bad as for me. Even I can support some remixes, but it has to be trance if the dj calls it "trance" :lol: It have not to be made for just popularity.
    I don't mind SHM, One & M2I were great (if overplayed) summer tracks (throwing generic flavour-of-the-month vocals on them to appeal to the masses annoyed me though.)

Now, if i'm listening to a trance set, invariably i get comments like "how can you listen to this?" yet if the same music had the Black Eyed Peas or Neyo yelling over it, these tools would lap it up.

Guetta & his collection of collaborators are responsible for that, with his latest abomination being the worst yet.

(Shamelessly steal "Don't You Want Me" by Felix + a lame Snoop vocal = massive success & $$$. The prick.)

How he ever managed to get in this position is beyond me, as his productions are... well, dogshit, for lack of a better word.

Quote Originally Posted by Neruda
    $$$$
    Actually it's not for $$$ because dance producers hardly make any $$$ from producing and releasing tracks.

The reason he does this is that remixing a world wide star artist like BS gives massive exposure (pun intended) to his name. He needs that exposure to knock Guetta of the #1 spot in the 2014 DJ Mag list. And when he does that then it's time for the $$$.

We dance music lovers may find this morally repulsive, but this scene is not all about the love for dance music. For many it's just about business. Gareth seemed a straight up guy at first, but apparently that was just a charade.

So does POP+Trance=Prance? Sounds about right though, LOL.
    Coldharbour Citizen.

Prance :lol:

Me likey
    @ Atlanta: 09.18.08, 04.23.09, 07.07.10
    @ Charlotte: 09.25.08, 04.02.09, 11.20.09, 09.24.10
    @ Miami: 03.29.08, 03.23.10, 03.26.10, 03.11.11