converting dakota tbtII to 132 bpm...

after listening to the dakota ID's in his live sets and comparing it to the album release, 128bpm is just too slow and kind of sucks the soul out of the songs.

i think once the album is released i'm going to convert all of the songs to 132bpm and listen to it that way.

anybody else in the same shoes?

Re: converting dakota tbtII to 132 bpm...

Nope...

I'll speed any of the songs at 128bpm up to 134'ish when mixing, but just for listening to the song at the computer, I'll leave it at what Markus intended it to be at.
    @ Atlanta: 09.18.08, 04.23.09, 07.07.10
    @ Charlotte: 09.25.08, 04.02.09, 11.20.09, 09.24.10
    @ Miami: 03.29.08, 03.23.10, 03.26.10, 03.11.11

"sucks the soul out of the songs" that's incredibly harsh for no reason. listen to the tracks as they were intended to be listened to and if you want to make edits then do it but to say the soul thing is overboard imo.

Not every song has to be banging to be enjoyed and I hardly think it sucks the soul out of the tunes to have them a bit slower :roll:
    Coldharbour Faithful

ok might have used the wrong word but sleepwalkers for example, that song is meant to be 132 bpm.

Well, in the club, I'd expect them to be faster, but for the release it's fine that they're slower for listening in a wide variety of places.

I did try to speed up Sleepwalkers in garageband in osx, but it didn't have the same effect as when Markus is behind the decks.
    Coldharbour Citizen.

Oh dear is it because armin is never slower than 130 or something ???? Seriously remember Markus was more progressive back in the day his style has widened more into trance & tech trance but you got to remember what he used to play.
    Unfortunately alot of people who have only discovered Markus in the past 2-3 years dont remember this, 128 is fine on the tracks Markus is the professional he knows what he's doing, none of this 138+ shite

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosSR
    Well, in the club, I'd expect them to be faster, but for the release it's fine that they're slower for listening in a wide variety of places.
    True.