Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Sleepwalkers: The Official Video

I read Markus Blog finally now.

I'm so happy for Markus... Markus Do have still dreams

When you know more about the details and the making of, the storie behind such a symbol Video... you watch it with different eyes.

The Video is pure fun

You guys from CH should inform us fans better.. i mean gives us more infos about some things.

It's really sad that we get these infos *faster* after bad reactions for the video.

Alright,
    it's time for sleepwalking now... I love it

i managed to refrain from posting after i watched it once, then came back a couple days and it had really grown on me. it's always hard to listen with an open mind to a new mix of a song you love.

that being said, i noticed that whereas the original mix seems to grow in energy as the track goes along, this one starts with a bang and then fades a bit as it progresses. not sure why that is, just observing.

also, i saw angie and alex but didn't catch anyone else? where are you in the vid, heather?
    what's up and welcome

http://twitter.com/jdub889

oh, and rotunda on the commercial at the end makes me wish it kept going :P
    what's up and welcome

http://twitter.com/jdub889

Heather is at the beginning, she receives the flyer from Angie.
    Coldharbour Citizen.

I have kept my powder dry on this & certainly don't want to seem like I'm hating for no reason.

Aside from everything else (and I appreciate that context is pivotal to understanding anything) I have two thoughts:

1) Markus is a legend - his music basically transformed me from a bosh monkey into someone who loves progressive dance music. I have since moved on to deeper pastures and prefer techno & darker (less trancey) prog. I have the utmost respect for Markus and what he does. His fan involvement is second to none and his blogs, forum, radio show & all around excellence dictate that he is the only trance DJ I would pay to see any more.

2) Despite all of this I have to say that this track is abysmal. I think some people are being blinded by the story (I understand the personal nature of this and wholly congratulate Markus on achieving his dream of working with his idols) and as such are not treating this as what it is meant to be; i.e. a piece of music! I mean seriously, have an opinion and don't shoot other people's down with the 'you don't understand' or 'take music less seriously' vibe.

I'm not reading too much into this and I won't lose sleep over it (I'm sure Markus will follow it up with more credible and successful productions), BUT this track is abhorent, simple as. That's my opinion and if I am to be shot down for expressing it then so be it.

I just think that some people on here get way too defensive.