Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: [COLD027] Markus Schulz presents Dakota - Sleepwalkers

Quote Originally Posted by MarkusSchulz
    Quote Originally Posted by jimaeus
    I'm kinda surprised people are freaking out about the vocal version...it's not like Markus has forced it on anyone! He's only played the original mix for us so far. That vocal mix is just there for those who might like it.

Very true...but don't test me...I will play it on GDJB and even make it the Global Selection Winner... go ahead try me. :lol:
    GDJB is okay...but if you play it live during a set I come to!

THERE WILL BE HELL TO PAY! 8-)
    @ Atlanta: 09.18.08, 04.23.09, 07.07.10
    @ Charlotte: 09.25.08, 04.02.09, 11.20.09, 09.24.10
    @ Miami: 03.29.08, 03.23.10, 03.26.10, 03.11.11

Quote Originally Posted by talala
    wtf!! :x vocal versions?? awful!!

Actually to be honest, I am banning anyone who is a member of these forums from listening to the vocal version. :lol:

I knew and I told EVERYONE that you guys would all react that way.

You know what....I don't even care, I did it anyways. I worked in the studio with Melle Mel and Scorpio (from the Furious Five) who were HUGE idols of mine in my breakdance days. Even Big Bad Hank from the Sugar Hill gang was hanging in the studio with us and it was the most amazing time. Both Mel and Scorpio are fans and wanted to do something together and there was no way I was turning down the opp.

I love you guys, but man...give me a little bit of space to have fun. Plus, If this track gets even half the airplay or attention that some of these other crossover dance tunes gets, then allot of the other things you guys complain about (Set times, bookings, billing) work themselves out.
    Well said Markus!!!

Some people just LOVE to complain! You won't win either way! Half these forum members probably aren't even old enough to remember these guys.

[youtube:ctzjngfl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ChjLMbXVrU[/youtube:ctzjngfl]

Seriously, look how damn cool they were :P

The funnies was when we were filming the video at Space...and I came rolling out with Mel and Scorpio! People where like...Ummmm....WTF????

How cool is it though to hear Mel rapping "We came here to rev your motor...Markus Schulz, the new joint AKA Dakota"

Do you guys realize they are the first rap group to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame...that's freakin royalty right there!

So much hate haha

I for one think the vocal version isn't half bad at all. I'm glad Markus decided to work with 2 legends of early true hip hop and not some trendy pop stars *cough * Tiesto & Three Six Mafia *cough* xD

Come on everyone give Markus a break here. Like he said it was all in good fun. You know sometimes artists make music for themselves and clearly he enjoyed working with them.

It's not hate...I know all the guys on here. They just take things really seriously. It's all good though. I can appreciate that. Like I said, I knew and told everyone that the MS forums are going to have to be put on Prozac for a few weeks.

It's not hate...I know all the guys on here. They just take things really seriously. It's all good though. I can appreciate that. Like I said, I knew and told everyone that the MS forums are going to have to be put on Prozac for a few weeks.
    Haha everyone is going to be sleepwalking zombies on the Prozac :lol:

Ya, the reactions just confuse me...cause there's the version without the vocals sitting right there below it on beatport
    @ Atlanta: 09.18.08, 04.23.09, 07.07.10
    @ Charlotte: 09.25.08, 04.02.09, 11.20.09, 09.24.10
    @ Miami: 03.29.08, 03.23.10, 03.26.10, 03.11.11

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley
    wtf!! :x vocal versions?? awful!!

Actually to be honest, I am banning anyone who is a member of these forums from listening to the vocal version. :lol:

I knew and I told EVERYONE that you guys would all react that way.

You know what....I don't even care, I did it anyways. I worked in the studio with Melle Mel and Scorpio (from the Furious Five) who were HUGE idols of mine in my breakdance days. Even Big Bad Hank from the Sugar Hill gang was hanging in the studio with us and it was the most amazing time. Both Mel and Scorpio are fans and wanted to do something together and there was no way I was turning down the opp.

I love you guys, but man...give me a little bit of space to have fun. Plus, If this track gets even half the airplay or attention that some of these other crossover dance tunes gets, then allot of the other things you guys complain about (Set times, bookings, billing) work themselves out.
    Well said Markus!!!

Some people just LOVE to complain! You won't win either way! Half these forum members probably aren't even old enough to remember these guys.

[youtube:s5u7gghb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ChjLMbXVrU[/youtube:s5u7gghb]

Seriously, look how damn cool they were :P
    first of all, its my opinion that i dont like that version simple like that, an opinion. 8-)

Complain? You dont not have to generalize, look at my posts if u want, never a complaint.

and finally, its a forum, its all about to make a point of view of the good or bad about what we listen..... and i almost forgot, of course Markus can have fun whenever he wants, im a huge fan i owe it to him i love his work!!

Btw, im 31

October 30th. 2009 --- San Salvador
    March 31st. 2010 --- Guatemala
    June 17th. 2011 --- Pacha NYC http://youtu.be/PaQKR2FCTr0
    October 31th. 2012 --- Guatemala

Like i always said: There're plenty of room in this world for all kind of preferences on music. Look at me, i'm a minimal-tech-experimental geek but i like the markus and dakota sounds. so really, i don't see the big deal if some likes or not some track, some artist, some gig, some whatever. At the end of the day, is the artist (in this case markus) who's making the music that he likes, therefore includes anything he wants to do. Just saying...

first of all, its my opinion that i dont like that version simple like that, an opinion. 8-)

Complain? You dont not have to generalize, look at my posts if u want, never a complaint.

and finally, its a forum, its all about to make a point of view of the good or bad about what we listen..... and i almost forgot, of course Markus can have fun whenever he wants, im a huge fan i owe it to him i love his work!!

Btw, im 31
    Good for you!!

Btw... I was quoting Markus, NOT YOU!