Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: How not to program a set.

The vast majority of people don't get to see the likes of Markus play that often, so who gives a flying fuck if he plays a similar set a few times in a row? Next time i see him live, i'll be disappointed if he doesn't drop a few of his tried & tested tracks (Caress 2 Impress, Outsider & Perception would send me bezerk, despite the fact i've already hear them a ton of times.)

The fact that so many sets are so easily available via the internet has turned a lot of EDM fans into whining dickheads. Everything has to be new & different, it's bullshit.

As for Gareth Emery, that tracklist is awful but Northern Lights Re-Lit just came out. Naturally he's gonna play the SHIT out of it at events like ASOT 500. Playing virtually the entire album back to back probably wasn't a good idea mind.

Quote Originally Posted by MrE
    The vast majority of people don't get to see the likes of Markus play that often, so who gives a flying fuck if he plays a similar set a few times in a row? Next time i see him live, i'll be disappointed if he doesn't drop a few of his tried & tested tracks (Caress 2 Impress, Outsider & Perception would send me bezerk, despite the fact i've already hear them a ton of times.)

The fact that so many sets are so easily available via the internet has turned a lot of EDM fans into whining dickheads. Everything has to be new & different, it's bullshit.

As for Gareth Emery, that tracklist is awful but Northern Lights Re-Lit just came out. Naturally he's gonna play the SHIT out of it at events like ASOT 500. Playing virtually the entire album back to back probably wasn't a good idea mind.
    Well said

For me gareth is a seriously overated dj. His sets are boring predictable and poorly structured. How he is above Markus in the dj mag top 100 i dont know. Ive seen gareth emery around 10 times over the last few years and his set just hasnt changed. And as for that many vocal tracks i think hes trying too hard to be Mr Van Buuren.

Sometimes i forget this is a Markus Forum, and obviously he's intouchable..

Quote Originally Posted by Neruda
    Sometimes i forget this is a Markus Forum, and obviously he's intouchable..
    i think Markus has the most pretentious fans

I criticize Markus every now and then, when I think it's warranted.

Criticizing him for not mixing up his track selection from gig to gig when I know very well that he does -- that just won't fly with me. Like I said, I saw him 3 times in 5 days last year, and each set was very different. Were there a few tracks in all 3 sets? Sure. But they were still very different.

If you want to make a claim that he doesn't mix his sets up, prove it, don't just say it.
    @ Atlanta: 09.18.08, 04.23.09, 07.07.10
    @ Charlotte: 09.25.08, 04.02.09, 11.20.09, 09.24.10
    @ Miami: 03.29.08, 03.23.10, 03.26.10, 03.11.11

Quote Originally Posted by Ericc B
    You mean about the #trancegayfamily? That's actually a good idea I'll think about it.
    Yes about that one should be interesting wonder if the topic will be full with normal comments (i mean behave lol)

Official GDJB Greek Supporter

Twitter http://twitter.com/velvetmorning82