Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: How not to program a set.

01. U2 - New Year's Day (Markus Schulz Intro Mix)
    02. Markus Schulz - Future Cities
    03. Tiesto - Lethal Industry (Remix)
    04. Genix - Zzubb
    05. Rex Mundi - Opera of Northern Ocean (Phynn Remix / Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
    06. Klauss Goulart - Turbulence
    07. Ashley Wallbridge vs. Markus Schulz & Ana Criado - Surreal Smoke (Markus Schulz Mashup)
    08. Randy Katana - In Silence (Setrise Remix)
    09. Phunk Investigation - DNA Extractor (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
    10. Mr. Pit - Sky Traffic
    11. Wippenberg - Phoenix [Forthcoming on Prague '11]
    12. ID
    13. La Roux - In for the Kill (Michael Woods Remix)
    14. Cosmic Gate - Fire Wire (Cosmic Gate's Back 2 the Future Dub)
    15. Miki Litvak - Pollinator (Gary Beck Remix / Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
    16. Push - Universal Nation (Remix)
    17. Pobsky - Dark Cloud (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
    18. Marc Vision vs. Markus Schulz vs. Wippenberg - Chakalaka's New World Gate (Markus Schulz Mashup)
    19. Markus Schulz - The New World (Barnes & Heatcliff Remix)
    20. Pfirter - The Dub Track (Len Faki Remix / Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
    21. Markus Schulz Featuring Sir Adrian - Away (Cosmic Gate Remix)
    22. Eye Wall vs. Nic Chagall - Bad Moment (Markus Schulz Mashup)
    23. U2 - New Year's Day (Ferry Corsten Remix / Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
    24. Orjan Nilsen - Go Fast!
    25. Rank 1 - Breathing (Markus Schulz Coldharbour Remix)

01. ID
    02. Skytech - Sirens
    03. Aerofoil - Caress 2 Impress (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
    04. Jordy Lishious - Radiator (Funkagenda & Jordy Lishious Re-Edit)
    05. Alan Fitzpatrick vs. Nadia Ali - Paranoize Rapture (Markus Schulz Mashup)
    06. Mr. Pit - Backstage
    07. Sander van Doorn - Reach Out (Markus Schulz Edit)
    08. Wippenberg - Phoenix
    09. Mr. Pit - Sky Traffic
    10. Miki Litvak - Pollinator (Gary Beck Remix / Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
    11. Push - Universal Nation (Remix)
    12. Cosmic Gate - Fire Wire (Cosmic Gate's Back 2 the Future Dub)
    13. Klauss Goulart - Turbulence
    14. Tiesto - Lethal Industry (Remix)
    15. Markus Schulz - 65.4Hz (Mr. Pit Remix)
    16. Beat Service - Outsider
    17. Markus Schulz & Justine Juissa vs. Tomcraft & Jerome Isma-Ae - Perception in the Redlight District (Markus Schulz Mashup)
    18. ID
    19. Dan Baseley - Interface (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
    20. Pfirter - The Dub Track (Len Faki Remix / Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
    21. Michael Woods - Dynamik
    22. Markus Schulz - The New World (Barnes & Heatcliff Remix)
    23. Randy Katana - In Silence (Setrise Remix)
    24. The Thrillseekers - Synaesthesia (Remix)
    25. Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Markus Schulz Presents Dakota Remix)

01. Aerofoil - Caress 2 Impress (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
    02. Khomha - Rainy in the Night (Markus Schulz Edit)
    03. ID
    04. Dash Berlin Featuring Emma Hewitt - Disarm Yourself (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
    05. Skytech - Sirens
    06. Tim Berg - Bromance (Tucandeo Rework / Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
    07. Mr. Pit - Backstage
    08. Tiesto - Lethal Industry (Remix)
    09. Space Rockerz - Get Down City
    10. Markus Schulz - 65.4Hz (Mr. Pit Remix)
    11. Beat Service - Outsider
    12. Phunk Investigation - DNA Extractor (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
    13. Markus Schulz Featuring Ana Criado - Surreal (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
    14. Markus Schulz Presents Dakota - Sinners
    15. Klauss Goulart - Turbulence
    16. Evol Wavez - Everything in its Right Place
    17. Wippenberg - Phoenix (Markus Schulz Edit)
    18. Alan Fitzpatrick vs. Nadia Ali - Paranoize Rapture (Markus Schulz Mashup)
    19. Markus Schulz - The New World (Barnes & Heatcliff Remix)
    20. Randy Katana - In Silence (Setrise Remix)
    21. Mike Foyle Presents Statica - Headrush (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
    22. Markus Schulz & Jennifer Rene vs. Gareth Emery - Not the Same Citadel (Markus Schulz Mashup)
    23. Grube & Hovsepian - Invisible
    24. Skytech - Comet
    25. Markus Schulz & Justine Suissa vs. Tomcraft & Jerome Isma-Ae - Perception in the Redlight District (Markus Schulz Mashup)
    26. Rex Mundi - Opera of Northern Ocean (Phynn Remix / Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
    27. ID (Track 18 from GDJB World Tour Green Valley Set)
    @ Atlanta: 09.18.08, 04.23.09, 07.07.10
    @ Charlotte: 09.25.08, 04.02.09, 11.20.09, 09.24.10
    @ Miami: 03.29.08, 03.23.10, 03.26.10, 03.11.11

certain songs just fit well together if played consecutively..i have no problem with it.

and during a 5 hr set you obviously need to play the older staple songs as well.

i had some gripes about markus' sets last year, but honestly i'm ok with it now.

Not that many tracks were played in all three of the most recent GDJBs.

No idea what you're talking about.

Does Markus drop Opera (Phynn Remix) a lot? Ya. Does he drop it everytime? No. If you know exactly which songs Markus is going to play when you see him, you must be fucking psychic. I saw Markus three times in one week and the sets were 75% different at least. Does he have a few songs that precede/follow each other most of the time? Sure. Can you blame the guy for finding a song combination that flows really fucking well? You shouldn't, but you do for some reason.

Gareth just plays popular, big anthem song after popular, big anthem song. I saw Gareth twice in 9 months, and the sets were at least 75% the same. No exaggeration.

Quote Originally Posted by modthispny
    certain songs just fit well together if played consecutively..i have no problem with it.

and during a 5 hr set you obviously need to play the older staple songs as well.

i had some gripes about markus' sets last year, but honestly i'm ok with it now.
    Of course, i just give an example.

Quote Originally Posted by jimaeus
    Not that many tracks were played in all three of the most recent GDJBs.

No idea what you're talking about.

Does Markus drop Opera (Phynn Remix) a lot? Ya. Does he drop it everytime? No. If you know exactly which songs Markus is going to play when you see him, you must be fucking psychic. I saw the guy three times in one week and the sets were 75% different at least. Does he have a few songs that precede/follow each other most of the time? Sure. Can you blame the guy for finding a song combination that flows really fucking well? You shouldn't, but you do for some reason.
    I don't blame nobody, i'm just point it out some facts. He has an repertoire well established. I invite you to look up for sets (no broadcast) in the net and you will see the same tracks (most of them) gig after gig.

Quote Originally Posted by jimaeus
    Gareth just plays popular, big anthem song after popular, big anthem song. I saw the Gareth twice in 9 months, and the sets were at least 75% the same. No exaggeration.
    I said it earlier, i dont listen trance (Markus is the pseudo-exception) but nevertheless, polular music is for popular ppl who want to hear that and paid their tickets. So what's the problem? It´s all about music and diversity :lol:

after asot 500 it finally hit me that i'm not really into pure trance anymore...a lot of the sets were pretty damn boring.

armin mixes it up ok and his selection even though it's a lot of trance, i like how it sounds, and sanders set was good too, everybody else was meh (ferry wasnt bad ether but i swear 75% of his set is always the same so kind of bored of it)

Quote Originally Posted by modthispny
    after asot 500 it finally hit me that i'm not really into pure trance anymore...a lot of the sets were pretty damn boring.

armin mixes it up ok and his selection even though it's a lot of trance, i like how it sounds, and sanders set was good too, everybody else was meh (ferry wasnt bad ether but i swear 75% of his set is always the same so kind of bored of it)
    Why do you think I love Markus? He strikes the perfect balance of several EDM genres in his sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Neruda
    I don't blame nobody, i'm just point it out some facts. He has an repertoire well established. I invite you to look up for sets (no broadcast) in the net and you will see the same tracks (most of them) gig after gig.
    I invite you to prove what you claim. I already provided three sets in an 8 week span that were vastly different. So how about you provide three sets in an 8 week span that are identical?

Quote Originally Posted by Neruda
    I said it earlier, i dont listen trance (Markus is the pseudo-exception) but nevertheless, polular music is for popular ppl who want to hear that and paid their tickets. So what's the problem? It´s all about music and diversity :lol:
    Okay...so where's the diversity in Gareth's set? Same shit he's been playing for 15 months.

Gareth is nonsense I've seen him about 12 times in the space of 2 or 3 years and from the first time I ever saw him, he has only gotten worse, mainly due to playing the same songs. It's got to the point where I avoid a night because he's headlining. There is nobody more predictable in trance today. Saying Markus is predictable is absolute rubbish, everytime I go to see him I think I know what he's going to play and then he plays a completely random but amazing set.

How not to program a set.

Seeing Markus live three times this month, I can tell you he does not play the same set twice.

As a matter of fact, all three times I kept wondering what the next track was and there's no way he can top the previous tune, but Markus literally goes down the rabbit hole, building it up until all mayhem breaks loose.

And those of you complaining that Markus plays the same songs, what do you want him to do, start IDing all the songs off his upcoming Dakota album?
    If you don't like hearing the Prague'11 tunes, then I think you're next to impossible to please.
    Caress 2 Impress is insane live, Turbulence is just as wicked, Backstage is crazy and should be heard live.
    Me, I always go nuts when I hear the Big Room Recon of Dark Cloud.
    And he played stuff you don't hear on the WT episodes, like Rowald Steyn-Hold Control, which was awesome BTW, he played my favorite song WYN-(MS Afterhours Mix), thank you Markus.
    Some of you need to see Markus live for a long set to truly appreciate his sound and sets.
    Seriously, a lot of this hate is uncalled for. As for other DJs, I can't speak for their sets as I get my trance fix from Markus and GDJB.

Sorry for the long winded post but I think I made some valid points.
    Coldharbour Citizen.