Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: How not to program a set.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericc B
    Make that 2 years. He absolutely blew it this time and is getting a lot of criticism everywhere. Unfortunately most DJ's nowadays are blinded by the #trancegayfamily masses who have no clue and think everything is awesome.
    What an immature comment to make, you're blaming the "Trancefamily" for what DJ's play in there sets? Have you ever heard the saying, "Different strokes, for different folks" I mean If you dont like it then dont listen to it. I dont like alot of what Armin plays, so therefore I dont listen to ASOT. But, I dont blame the "Trancefamily" for what Armin plays! Shit if that was the case then you would see Markus playing the same thing as the "other DJ's."

Anyhow, get to know people first before you start putting them down. This is exactly whats wrong with the scene, to many damn haters! Seriously, grow up and get a life.\

END RANT!

Hi guys,

It sure was a very bad set, no building up at all. I don't know about Gareth but he doesnt
    do i for me....

The sets from Ferry and Armin where absolutly mindblowing!!!
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/renecieremans
    Twitter : http://www.twitter.com/renecieremans

Going to:

Markus solo set at Space Ibiza 20-07-2011
    Markus vs Gareth at Space Ibiza 03-08-2011

[quote=Serious Danger]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Ericc B":2x4i0coh
    Make that 2 years. He absolutely blew it this time and is getting a lot of criticism everywhere. Unfortunately most DJ's nowadays are blinded by the #trancegayfamily masses who have no clue and think everything is awesome.
    What an immature comment to make, you're blaming the "Trancefamily" for what DJ's play in there sets? Have you ever heard the saying, "Different strokes, for different folks" I mean If you dont like it then dont listen to it. I dont like alot of what Armin plays, so therefore I dont listen to ASOT. But, I dont blame the "Trancefamily" for what Armin plays! Shit if that was the case then you would see Markus playing the same thing as the "other DJ's."

Anyhow, get to know people first before you start putting them down. This is exactly whats wrong with the scene, to many damn haters! Seriously, grow up and get a life.\

END RANT![/quote:2x4i0coh]

Amen!! . By the way, a see lots of ppl talking about playing the same tracks since last year or more. I´ve to say that or you haven't heard a markus set o you guys are simple talking this because your lack of objectivity. I'm not fan of armin or gareth but I can assure you this : The ppl who went to UMF, who PAID their tickets to have a fun weekend, none of them are talking about " Oh! he drops citadel, Comunication or Made of love again". The same thing goes to the ppl who went to see Markus at Space " Oh! he start with caress 2 impress again, Oh! he plays In Silence (setrise remix) after surreal Mashup again, Oh! he plays opera of ...." you got my point.

[quote=Neruda]
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Danger
    Quote Originally Posted by "Ericc B":2rpdmod7

END RANT!
    Amen!! . By the way, a see lots of ppl talking about playing the same tracks since last year or more. I´ve to say that or you haven't heard a markus set o you guys are simple talking this because your lack of objectivity. I'm not fan of armin or gareth but I can assure you this : The ppl who went to UMF, who PAID their tickets to have a fun weekend, none of them are talking about " Oh! he drops citadel, Comunication or Made of love again". The same thing goes to the ppl who went to see Markus at Space " Oh! he start with caress 2 impress again, Oh! he plays In Silence (setrise remix) after surreal Mashup again, Oh! he plays opera of ...." you got my point.[/quote:2rpdmod7]

Gareth just insnt a great dj, his productions are very good but to hear him live just do it for me. If you listen to the sets from Markus, Ferry and Armin you hear beter mixes, beter build ups.. Gareth just plays athem afther anthem, no djing skills at all.

Its about skills not about names.

Going to:

What a terrible set, how sad to play that shit at such a massive event, am gonna skip him for sure at asot 500 holland, 2 years of same tracks over and over again, he should know better then this crap :roll:
    Markus Gigs to Visit:
    None.....

Quote Originally Posted by Serious Danger
    you're blaming the "Trancefamily" for what DJ's play in there sets?
    Nope. I blame DJ's when they play bad sets and what Gareth did imo was a seriously bad set, completely unfitting for ASOT500. I would say the same for any other DJ doing a bad set, even Markus, although I still need to hear Markus doing one.

My beef with this whole #trancefamily thing is that it represents the commercialization of trance, DJ's pretending to be happy with the massive invasion of teens who have no clue about the music and only wanna hear their big hits. The endless arrays of gay heart signs. Clothing lines. The "oh everything is so awesome" attitude, without any form of being critical. The endless yapping ohhhh we're trending on Twitter, ohhhh we're soooo cool, the stupid shout outs and phone messages. It's all just too childish for words. Where's the MF music.

[quote=Ericc B]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Serious Danger":7t6017q1
    Nope. I blame DJ's when they play bad sets and what Gareth did imo was a seriously bad set, completely unfitting for ASOT500. I would say the same for any other DJ doing a bad set, even Markus, although I still need to hear Markus doing one.

My beef with this whole #trancefamily thing is that it represents the commercialization of trance, DJ's pretending to be happy with the massive invasion of teens who have no clue about the music and only wanna hear their big hits. The endless arrays of gay heart signs. Clothing lines. The "oh everything is so awesome" attitude, without any form of being critical. The endless yapping ohhhh we're trending on Twitter, ohhhh we're soooo cool, the stupid shout outs and phone messages. It's all just too childish for words. Where's the MF music.[/quote:7t6017q1]

I agree on a lot of things bur there was some mf music yesterday!!
    If you don't think so you don't like trance.

At the end it's al about the bejamins.....

Going to:

[quote=Ericc B]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Serious Danger":bykiyg12

My beef with this whole #trancefamily thing is that it represents the commercialization of trance, DJ's pretending to be happy with the massive invasion of teens who have no clue about the music and only wanna hear their big hits. The endless arrays of gay heart signs. Clothing lines. The "oh everything is so awesome" attitude, without any form of being critical. The endless yapping ohhhh we're trending on Twitter, ohhhh we're soooo cool, the stupid shout outs and phone messages. It's all just too childish for words. Where's the MF music.[/quote:bykiyg12]

First, if you haven't heard a bad set from markus it's because your sense of criticism over him is minimum. He has played the same tracks and in the same order since Nov 2010. Second, ASOT 500 is a celebration, so the twitter and messages explains by it self. Third, Markus is gonna be part of it, so in your logic markus is commercial to?

Fourth, My main source of music is techno, minimal-tech and tech-house, i listen to markus only because he plays this music but with a little touch of trance melodies (You call it Coldharbour sound) and for me is nice, for other ppl maybe don't and listen trance perse, others hardtrance, other dubstep, other IDM and so on. That mean dj's and music for different type of audience. And every person choose what wanna hear and what dj. So the endless dicussion about what is real edm, what is commercial and who has the Authority to decide it's nonsense. Even markus plays sets more "housy" and "commercial" in the U.S than europe.

"He has played the same tracks and in the same order since Nov 2010. "

what songs? just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by modthispny
    "He has played the same tracks and in the same order since Nov 2010. "

what songs? just curious.
    The mayority of his current setlist: Caress 2 Impress, Outsider,The New World (remix), DNA Extractor,Surreal mashup, In silence (Setrise Remix), Noodler, Sinners, Fire Wire, etc. The SaSazu party is an example. I see him twice this year and i now what tracks i'm gonna hear even in what order.