Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Markus causing a storm this year.

i've been following markus for a few years now and the impact he's made so far this year surpasses everything so far.

prague '11 was received exceptionally well, sold out the prague release party, selling out the wmc shows.

when i saw him at sutra a few weeks ago, he just seemed so much more popular vs seeing him 7 months ago at the same venue.

and the addition of space in ibiza.

all of this while maintaining his dark/progressive roots

i think this year he's going to reallly blow up in terms of popularity..which is awesome because he deserves it.

Re: Markus causing a storm this year.

And there's gonna be a next storm this year - the new Dakota Album
    ONLY MARKUS
    CAN TRANCEMIT
    OUR DREAMS

The most important thing about popularity is support.
    If Armin doesn't play Markus' tracks it makes lots of sense unfortunately so let's hope Not the Same will be played till death on radio stations like 538.

And... he's releasing 2 albums this year so that makes it even more possible to end up higher in the DJMag poll I think.

I agree Markus is definitely rising this year in terms of awareness and popularity, every show I've been to recently has been absolutely packed out and everybody has been treating him as the absolute headliner as opposed to another big DJ on a lineup. Getting 8th place 3 times in a row in the DJ polls sums Markus up, consistently high quality, but this year I think he's gone to the next level. His sets are unique to what everyone else is playing at the moment in terms of structure and tune selection and his crowd interaction is the best around currently. Predicting a breakthrough into the top 6 this year and if anyone deserves it it's him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheedy
    His sets are unique to what everyone else is playing at the moment in terms of structure and tune selection and his crowd interaction is the best around currently.
    i was going to respond to this post, but i couldn't think of any way to express my opinion succinctly than this. well said.
    what's up and welcome

http://twitter.com/jdub889

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer
    The most important thing about popularity is support.
    If Armin doesn't play Markus' tracks it makes lots of sense unfortunately so let's hope Not the Same will be played till death on radio stations like 538.

And... he's releasing 2 albums this year so that makes it even more possible to end up higher in the DJMag poll I think.

I DONT CONSIDER THE POLL DOES ANYTHING... im just tired of how wrong the results are! :/

Number8 for the world. Number 1 for me always and forever!
    Coldharbour Manc
    www.twitter.com/RedDevil09

I personally don't pay much importance to the Top 100 List.

Case in point, Sander van Doorn, with all his great productions, went down two notches to number 12.

Dash Berlin's first time on the list and he's at 15th position.

I vote to support my favorite Djs, but honestly it's become a very commercial thing, and thus can be manipulated.

Other lists I trust because they, to me, are the real outlet of the fans, like the Tranceaddict top 250 Djs. That is the list I go by.

And like I tell people when I talk about Markus and why he's my favorite, he plays, produces and supports music that moves me physically and emotionally.
    Coldharbour Citizen.

markus will never have a fair spot in the dj mag because he doesn't really have any mainstream times...which is why his 8th seeding for the third year is even more impressive.

also surprised that sander fell off because hes really getting into the tiesto/house scene.

I agree think the dj top mag is just a rip off to be honest....is judge jules not 18th or something? John o'callaghan fell back a few places too. But the big one was dash berlin coming in at 15th the guy is nothing but a pop trance dj with playing so many vocals in a 1hr and a half set! Im sure the dj top mag is british as well so they prob have there favs like above and beyond who ahve been in the top 5 for a number of years!

I know the polls are pretty much a popularity contest and who has the best marketing campaign but at least it's also a rough measuring stick of how well a DJ is performing over the course of a year, plus the higher you finish in the polls, the more exposure and awareness is created the following year, the more fans you gain, the more money you make. There's nothing wrong with doing well or wanting to do well in the polls, aslong as the DJ retains their sound.