Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ibiza 2011

Ibiza 2011

Hey Schulz family, all good???

Is there any news about Markus playing Amnesia in 2011?

Already booked 2 vacations to the "Sin Island"

Please let me know (Tigerclaw or ImpactPlayaz) you guys know a lot!! :-))
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/renecieremans
    Twitter : http://www.twitter.com/renecieremans

Going to:

Markus solo set at Space Ibiza 20-07-2011
    Markus vs Gareth at Space Ibiza 03-08-2011

Re: Ibiza 2011

David Lewis Productions has been frustrating fans of DJ's like Markus and Armin for many years with their stupid secretive attitude about when and where they are going to do their gigs. Trust me the entire 2011 Armada Amnesia schedule is already long finalized. They simple refuse to announce it until it's waaaaay too late for the fans to book a decently priced holiday around them or even get the specific week(s) off from work, so hurdles of people end up paying top money to make it at the last minute or take a gamble on the dates and more than once end up on the isle on the wrong week. The DLP staff themselves obviously don't give a sh!t since they are having summer long vacations there in rented luxury villas, payed for by the percentage they get off their DJ's gigs. Like I said, it has been this way for many years and I really fail to see why the DJ's themselves don't do anything about it, since it is their biggest fans who are being screwed over by this lack of information. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever not to announce the Amnesia schedule early in the year, instead of in June.

Personally I am totally fed up with this shit, so I simply don't go to Ibiza anymore. And I'm not the only one either.

Word!
    in a state of trance we trust

I dont like it to!!!

But i like Ibiza and Amnesia so much!!!!

I'm gonna send this to Armada!!!

Lets see what happens....

Going to:

Quote Originally Posted by Ericc B
    David Lewis Productions has been frustrating fans of DJ's like Markus and Armin for many years with their stupid secretive attitude about when and where they are going to do their gigs. Trust me the entire 2011 Armada Amnesia schedule is already long finalized. They simple refuse to announce it until it's waaaaay too late for the fans to book a decently priced holiday around them or even get the specific week(s) off from work, so hurdles of people end up paying top money to make it at the last minute or take a gamble on the dates and more than once end up on the isle on the wrong week. The DLP staff themselves obviously don't give a sh!t since they are having summer long vacations there in rented luxury villas, payed for by the percentage they get off their DJ's gigs. Like I said, it has been this way for many years and I really fail to see why the DJ's themselves don't do anything about it, since it is their biggest fans who are being screwed over by this lack of information. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever not to announce the Amnesia schedule early in the year, instead of in June.

Personally I am totally fed up with this shit, so I simply don't go to Ibiza anymore. And
    I'm not the only one either.

I send an email to David Lewis, Armin and Armada!

Going to:

Hmmmm.. Interesting information. I went to Markus' solo set at Amnesia last summer (which was absolutely amazing btw) and I did kind of plan my trip around it I guess... My friends bailed on me so I kind of just booked it perfect for myself and hit up Dance Valley and Ibiza for the solo set. I was gifted frequent flyer miles from my amazing parents for that trip.. My next trip from NYC to Dublin (and then jumping around via Ryanair) hitting 4 countries in two weeks was only $592 total cuz it's April LOL.

The summer season is another story. I've already decided that I can't make it to Europe during the high season again. I am kind of leaning towards booking something RIGHT after Electric Zoo in NYC to do 3 weeks, maybe Spain & Morocco & Ibiza or something.. Airfare from Sept.5-25 was like $615 from NYC last time I checked. By the time I can afford to purchase it may go up. But the Ibiza closing parties go through September so I should be good to go.

HOWEVER, if I did plan my next trip and booked a two week window and THEN the Ibiza summer sched was released and Markus wasn't playing I would probably cry a bit

I am really very poor, I just plan things very well and waiting for a schedule to be released is not gonna work for me Ibiza is fucking awesome but I really want to see Markus there if I'm gonna spend all that $.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericc B

Personally I am totally fed up with this shit, so I simply don't go to Ibiza anymore. And I'm not the only one either.
    That makes no sense. That would be bad business for promoters//agents to purposely wait for no real reason and screw people's travel arrangements over like that.

Most likely the clubs, hotels and air travel have an influence over it. It only benefits them, assuming the dates are indeed finalized but not being revealed. DJs and promoters need the tourists and fans there. Only way to make sure they get there in full force is to make it as cheap as possible for them. It would be very bad business to purposefully hold back dates like that to the point where fans cannot make affordable travel arrangements and attend.
    @ Atlanta: 09.18.08, 04.23.09, 07.07.10
    @ Charlotte: 09.25.08, 04.02.09, 11.20.09, 09.24.10
    @ Miami: 03.29.08, 03.23.10, 03.26.10, 03.11.11

Quote Originally Posted by jimaeus
    That makes no sense. That would be bad business for promoters//agents to purposely wait for no real reason and screw people's travel arrangements over like that.
    It makes no sense whatsoever indeed. But it's been like this since forever.

And mind you, neither Armin nor Markus has ever done anything about it, despite countless complaints by their fans.

So Markus!!

Give us you're Amnesia dates, PLEASE.....

(probily not his call)

Going to:

Administrator

Hi Guys,

There is no one who gets more upset about the Ibiza scheduling than Markus. There is always haggling between the promoters, agents and club owners and nothing really gets decided until after WMC. It happens every year. We know you're frustrated. We are as well. Every year this is an issue and unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it. It's not like we have our plane tickets and hotel reservations, we're waiting too just like you. As soon as I know something I will let you guys know too.

Heather