PDA

View Full Version : 03-12-10@Leeds!!!

momix
16-11-10, 05:23 PM
So who is going to Leeds on 3rd december?

Any meeting points?

Hayley
16-11-10, 07:26 PM
Yup! Me :)

brett
16-11-10, 11:29 PM
Me too!!

Flying from Malaga on Friday and back on Sunday...gonna be a whirlwind of a weekend but well worth it to get my Schulz Fix!! :lol:

momix
17-11-10, 04:49 PM
I will be in front wearing my do you dream t-shirt :lol:

brett
28-11-10, 12:22 PM
Now then people its not that I am a sceptical person or anything but I hope all this Snow thats coming down in the Uk wont affect our chances of travelling to Leeds!!

Seriously if I get to Manchester airport and find trains arent running am paying for a taxi to to take me to Leeds!! :lol:

Less than a week to go now absolutely buzzing already. Anyone been to the O2 Arena in Leeds before?? My gf went to see Emery for his album launch party....yes I know :roll: ....haha. She said the main stage has a big open floor so plenty of room; massive contrast to Sankeys crammed in like sardines!!

Any input on sound system, effects etc??

Stylo
28-11-10, 12:55 PM
Brett, i wouldnt worry too much about the trains, its a very busy line between the two and cant remember the last time it got closed due to weather. If by some freak it does id get a coach from manchester for about 15 pounds as a taxi would be 50+.

The arena its self has a very spacious main room and the sound system is class. Lasers werent bad at the last gigs either

Stylo
28-11-10, 01:01 PM
Room 2 is alot smaller...more like a bar with a dancefloor. Still good though. Only problem with the venue is the toilets are miles away from main arena.

Anyone know markus set time yet?

See ya down the front

Havana
28-11-10, 01:14 PM
I'll be there I think :D

brett
28-11-10, 04:48 PM
Brett, i wouldnt worry too much about the trains, its a very busy line between the two and cant remember the last time it got closed due to weather. If by some freak it does id get a coach from manchester for about 15 pounds as a taxi would be 50+.

The arena its self has a very spacious main room and the sound system is class. Lasers werent bad at the last gigs either

Room 2 is alot smaller...more like a bar with a dancefloor. Still good though. Only problem with the venue is the toilets are miles away from main arena.

Anyone know markus set time yet?

See ya down the front

Stylo thanks for advice with the trains gives me some confidence knowing it’s a busy line and is unlikely to get closed. The coach would be the most sensible option as a backup plan I didn’t think of that one thanks; just checked National Express and its only £11 so am covered at all angles now... :lol:

Good to hear the sound system is class nothing worse than going to a gig to have a poor one. Had a look around on DS fb page and there website can’t find any info on set times; most likely get realised on the night hey. Not sure if I will be going into Room 2 depends if Askew is in there after Markus (gf is a big fan... :| ).

See you down the front for sure....along with Pobsky, Hayley, momix and Havana!! :D

Stylo
29-11-10, 06:28 PM
Markus set time 12.30 - 2.30

Only 2 hours :cry:

Im sure it will be a great night though

Hayley
29-11-10, 07:06 PM
Markus set time 12.30 - 2.30

Only 2 hours :cry:

Im sure it will be a great night though

It's 30 minutes more than what I was expecting :)

Stylo
29-11-10, 11:17 PM
This is true...just wish more promoters/nights would book him for longer sets. 2 hours is a smash and grab set...markus style is much better suited to 3+ where he can mould the set the way he wants...

Credit where credit is due though the lads at ds have brought the night on leaps and bounds since the early events at stinkys peep house!

Fantastic to have markus on my doorstep for a change too!!!

momix
30-11-10, 01:17 AM
Set Times for the Digital Society Winter Edition @ O2 Academy Leeds Friday 3rd December

| Arena - Digital Society |

10:00 - 11:00 | Will Holland

11:00-12:30 | Max Graham

12:30-02:30 | Markus Schulz

02:30-04:30 | John O'Callaghan

04:30-06:00 | John Askew

| Club - OTR |

10:00-11:00 | Intertek

11:00-12:00 | Hiddenagenda

12:00-01:00 | Neptune Project

01:00-02:00 | Dan Stone

02:00-03:00 | Ferry Tayle

03:00-04:00 | Mike Beaumont & Richard Taylor

Pobsky
01-12-10, 01:00 AM
i will see u all on the dance floor ! :D

momix
02-12-10, 10:27 PM
hope guys that u can make it to Leeds and Markus is well :)

Pobsky
04-12-10, 07:18 AM
Well what can i say trully amazing, final cloud was played amazing reaction and schulz went on to play an edited version of dark cloud! Wow best night ever and every dj was on form all night ! Digital society rocked

momix
04-12-10, 11:39 AM
Markus thanx you for that amazing set one of the bests sets what I heard live from Markus..... and other dj`s was amazing too!!!

Stylo
06-12-10, 02:50 PM
Ive been to pretty much all the Ds events from the start in Feb 07, and that was by far the best one for me.

Pobsky you must have had one hell of a grin on your face - best reaction ive seen to Final Cloud yet - the roof was truly taken off.

Awesome night.

Pobsky
06-12-10, 07:04 PM
Ive been to pretty much all the Ds events from the start in Feb 07, and that was by far the best one for me.

Pobsky you must have had one hell of a grin on your face - best reaction ive seen to Final Cloud yet - the roof was truly taken off.

Awesome night.you are right sir i had the biggest smile in the whole place for sure, if anyone posts a vid up on youtube you will see me right at the front ontop of someones shoulders at the end of the tune waving at schulz and he laughed and gave me the thumbs up, one night i will never forget :D

brett
06-12-10, 08:53 PM
Hey Guys!!

Well what can I say...WHAT AN AMAZING NIGHT!! I travelled from Spain for this and it was well worth every penny; seriously in those 2 hours Markus completely blew the place apart!! It was one of the best live sets I have ever had the pleasure of seeing.

Right from the word go with ‘Future Cities (Transmission Intro Mix) to that ID from Track 2, GDJB WT Cape Town we all only heard just the night before :o what a tune so intense!! And then the biggest shock of the night for me when ‘Pobsky – Dark Cloud’ got dropped OMG I couldn’t believe it....so wasn’t expecting that at all :shock: I haven't stopped listening to it since it got played on GDJB (28-10-2010).

I have a few videos which I will be uploading very soon. Had a quick browse through them and I may need some help with the ID’s but there looking very good (especially Dark Cloud as I managed to get a few glimpses of Chris aka Pobsky on the dance floor going crazy... :lol: )

I have compiled a list of what I remember being played throughout the 2 hour set so many great tracks. Feel free to let me know if you can remember any more.

• Markus Schulz - Future Cities (Transmission Intro Mix)
• Markus Schulz & Justine Juissa vs. Tomcraft & Jerome Isma-Ae - Perception in the Redlight District (Markus Schulz Mashup)
• Pobsky – Final Cloud (edit)
• Pobsky – Dark Cloud (edit)
• Skytech - Planet
• Mr. Pit - Sky Traffic
• Markus Schulz - The New World (Remix)
• Cosmic Gate - The Drums (Markus Schulz Remix)
• Markus Schulz - Rain (Phynn Remix)
• Ashley Wallbridge vs. Markus Schulz & Ana Criado - Surreal Smoke (Markus Schulz Mashup)
• Citadel vs Not The Same (AvB mash up)
• Opera of Northern Ocean (Phynn Remix)
• Markus Schulz ft. Sir Adrian - Away (Cosmic Gate Remix)
• ID (Track 2, GDJB WT Cape Town)
• Dakota - Sinners
• Setrise - My GRAtitude
• Randy Katana - In Silence (Setrise Remix)

Massive thanks to DS the venue looked and sounded great. I was really impressed with the effects from the lightening and lasers really added to the atmosphere to make an unforgettable night.

Pobsky
06-12-10, 11:30 PM
Oh Dear :oops: