PDA

View Full Version : Pure Buffalo, NY Fri 17 Dec 2010

hellosam
15-11-10, 07:35 PM
O M G!

First of all this club is so fun! Second the people are AMAZING! Third I AM GOING!!!

As long as everything pans out as planned my BUTTTTT will be on a plane making this a double header weekend of MARKUS!!!

Im so psyched! Anyone who has not been here....you MUST TRY! I promise youll love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

james
15-11-10, 10:07 PM
haha damn. you're doing miami, buffalo and d.c. all in a week?

you make me proud. :)

hellosam
15-11-10, 10:38 PM
^^ i HOPE so.....fingers crossed i can do it monetarily its kinda iffy but if i can...IM THERE! hahah

(ps for all those who care- its only 41 each way from JFK to DC as opposed to around 80 one way from LGA to DC! wow!! savings!)

hollygallager
19-11-10, 05:17 PM
Okay I am pretty much going to MARRY megabus I am SO in love with them.

1st of all, they recently added Hartford CT (I'm from around there) to their list of stops, and are doing a promotion where they sell like 1000 tickets from Hartford to NYC for $1 eachway. Now... prior to this, I have been spending upwards of $44 RT on Peter Pan to get to NYC every goddamn weekend.

So, I obviously, purchased 12 roundtrip Hartford to NYC tickets for EVERY WEEKEND December through March HAHAHAHAHAHA for the grand total of $25. So I love Megabus.

I also discovered today that in April I can fly to Aberdeen Scotland and take Megabus to Inverness and "see" the Lochness Monster for £2 return!!!

So my level of Megabus love is ALREADY very high at this point. Well, they had to go top themselves, and offer a new direct route from BUFFALO TO WASHINGTON DC for $5!!!!!!!!

With my $1 ride to NYC, a $70 plane ticket to Buffalo, a $5 ride to DC, and then I already paid like $8 DC to NYC, and then $1 back to CT, I can see Markus two nights in a row for under $100!!!! Kind of a new record!!!!

hollygallager
19-11-10, 05:23 PM
In further support of Megabus, last time I saw Markus two nights in a row, in May, NYC/Toronto. I scored my RT new york city to toronto tickets for $25!!! I haven't seen them for cheaper than $82 RT lately, but yeah, $25 for that weekend. AMAZING!!!

God I love finding good deals.

hollygallager
19-11-10, 07:48 PM
okay hahaha i feel like i'm spamming the forums today but it's confirmed now!

and i'm particularly proud of this travel excursion. i've had mono all month, and this'll be my first weekend out since halloween!!! may as well make it a good weekend and go all out! also haven't seen markus since september hahahaha which is a long time for me.

but seriously, CT-NYC $1, NYC-Buffalo $69, Buffalo-DC $5, DC-NYC $8, NYC-CT $1!!! $84! AND no time off of work! Win!!!

hollygallager
19-11-10, 07:49 PM
oh and i'll have seen markus 10 times in 2010! hahahaha

hellosam
19-11-10, 08:36 PM
hahah finally someone pays attention to my DEALS! hahah (though holly found the megabus on her own...so it was a group effort hahahah)

yayaya holly!!!

Yeah Rick
20-11-10, 04:54 AM
I cannot believe this is happening right now! Last weekend I booked my plane ticket and hotel room in DC to check out that show and now...a night before...in buffalo...my hometown...markus is playing!!!!!

This maybe the best weekend in my life!!!

I'm gonna send you guys all pms maybe we can meet up at both shows!!!

audioex3
20-11-10, 08:47 AM
wow...I really want to do D.C. 2 Buff. Money is tight but the cheap D.C. to Buff tixs might make this happen.. would be an awesome weekend to get to see Markus twice! :)

alchemy
21-11-10, 07:38 AM
Wow DC to Buffalo on a bus? You guys are nuts. That'll be a hellish trip. Might be even worse, depending on the weather :geek:

The longest bus trip I ever took was from Amsterdam to Paris. The buses weren't bad, but it was not a pleasurable experience - the journey took almost 8 hours with breaks and traffic. I just find it frustrating to be stuck on a bus for so long - at least on a train, you can move around and stretch a bit.

December is not the best month to travel to Buffalo. Last NYE, I took a train from Albany to Buffalo - it took about 7 hours to get there. On the way back, weather was terrible, and the trip took nearly 11 hours with the delays.

hellosam
22-11-10, 07:15 PM
Wow DC to Buffalo on a bus? You guys are nuts. That'll be a hellish trip. Might be even worse, depending on the weather :geek:

The longest bus trip I ever took was from Amsterdam to Paris. The buses weren't bad, but it was not a pleasurable experience - the journey took almost 8 hours with breaks and traffic. I just find it frustrating to be stuck on a bus for so long - at least on a train, you can move around and stretch a bit.

December is not the best month to travel to Buffalo. Last NYE, I took a train from Albany to Buffalo - it took about 7 hours to get there. On the way back, weather was terrible, and the trip took nearly 11 hours with the delays.

its only about 8 hours (only hehehhe) itll be worth it in the end to see markus again. Ive done the drive- not so bad but on the bus that means theres no responsibility :) im going to bring some benedryl and sleep for hopefully at least 6 hours...then get some pregaming done for the last 2 hahahhaha perfect.

plus ill have holly there so theres enough company for many more then 8 hours!

as for the weather...im a little nervous but its still quite warm here and mid december isnt too horrible normally in dc...buffalo though...not sure im sure it gets so much worse....

hollygallager
22-11-10, 07:23 PM

Hahahahaha it's not that bad! 7-8 hours it says... I'm praying there is no bad weather! Hahaha DC SUCKS if it snows, they have NO IDEA WHATSOEVER to do about snow. All the clubs close, cabs don't run, it's PATHETIC. So yeah.. pray that it doesn't snow ever when I'm trying to make it to a show. Especially Markus. Omg I'd be SO PISSED.

Bus ride shouldn't be bad! I love megabus (like seriously, IN LOVE WITH megabus). I usually just watch movies on Netflix on my phone. Sometimes I'll bring a bag of wine or something to keep me entertained and take frequent naps. I mean there is a certain threshold where the cost/vs. the time it takes makes it better to just fly. NYC to Toronto or Montreal is just stupid expensive for flying though. Like $400 RT when you can score Megabus tickets for $24-80 RT.

Amtrak is so much nicer but more expensive. NYC to Montreal is $130 RT bleh, ($112 with AAA!!! Hahahaha) but currently the best option for Montreal as Megabus does not yet cover that route! But train travel is nicer cuz you can move around more. Went in September and it was a gorgeous ride up through Vermont during peak fall foliage season!

Longest I've done was Toronto for Markus, it's like 10 hours each way cuz you make a stop in Rochester or something I forget. It's definitely better than driving. I used to drive to all these gigs but my car started making this weird noise like 3 months ago so I stopped doing that HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. :( :( :(

I don't think I could do Chicago on a bus, its like $120 on peterpan and 19 hours each way. AND PETERPAN SMELLS BAD AND HAS NO OUTLETS FOR YOUR PHONE. Flights to chicago are like $200. No brainer.

One day when I win lotto I won't have to be such a cheapass but until then <3 <3 <3 <3 megabus <3 <3 <3 <3

hollygallager
22-11-10, 07:29 PM

its only about 8 hours (only hehehhe) itll be worth it in the end to see markus again. Ive done the drive- not so bad but on the bus that means theres no responsibility :) im going to bring some benedryl and sleep for hopefully at least 6 hours...then get some pregaming done for the last 2 hahahhaha perfect.

plus ill have holly there so theres enough company for many more then 8 hours!

as for the weather...im a little nervous but its still quite warm here and mid december isnt too horrible normally in dc...buffalo though...not sure im sure it gets so much worse....

HAHAHAHAH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha yes bus is definitely better as there is no responsibility!!! couldn't drink wine straight from a bag if i was driving my car!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

what else shall we bring???

- wine
- vodka
- coloring books
- finger puppets
- play truth or dare (HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA)
- picnic lunch!

omgggg i haven't seen my sammy for more than like a cumulative 8 hours in the past 3 months so this bus trip is going to be AWESOMEEEE <3 and our plane ride!!! let's try to recreate that face you made at JFK before my flight to europe HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

HAHAHAHAHA

hellosam
22-11-10, 09:44 PM
^^ HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

omg that FACE hahahahahahahhahah!! i just choked and snnorted a little reading that! hahahha

we should also bring MAD LIBS!!

hmmmmmm im sure we can come up with more stuff lets seee....

ill download some movies on my phone too heheheh huge screen = only win on the thing!! (assuming i still have it then bc im so mad at it i might sell it!)

hollygallager
23-11-10, 12:10 AM
HAHAHAHAHHAH OMG i am going through my pictures to find the silly sam one and i'm cracking up!!! i have had so much fun in the past couple years!! :) :)
this is an example of megabus: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 8397_n.jpg (http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs284.snc3/27848_761919809435_411961_42709955_4078397_n.jpg)
HAHAHAHA yes i brought pipe cleaners (yes i'm 24) and we made animals and letters, and the letters would fly off the table from the bus going over bumps and shit and form their own words on the ground lmaofkrlfkrl omg

so yeah to anyone doubting an 8 hour bus ride, just bring your friends, some toys, a little alcohol, and you'll have a great time. hahahahahahahha

sam! i can't find silly sam picture!! where is it!!! i found a ton of other silly pictures HAHAHAHHAAHAHA but none that need to be posted here hahahaha i can't wait for december 17-18!

hellosam
23-11-10, 04:41 PM
^^ hahahhahah thank GOD!! hahaha that picture is seriously scary hahahhaha

i have a ton of funny pics of us on my old phone :( too bad i have no laptop anymore or id share!! maybe i can finagle eli's to work for me or smt! then ill post :)

Yeah im going to bring fun crafts to do...hmmm what to do what to dooo????

OH i DL a mini mixer and recorder on my phone we can be Djs on the way hahahahahha

Yeah Rick
16-12-10, 04:23 AM
Getting pumped up! Only a few more days. Who's with me? :P

hollygallager
16-12-10, 06:21 PM
Me!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know the best way to get from Buffalo airport to the club? LOL

I've found some taxi shuttle thing for $18, my friend says a cab will be "around $15" (not sure if I believe it), and a quote from a private car service for $28 LMAO but I'd rather take a public bus for $2 and spend the rest on beer.

ors9
16-12-10, 06:33 PM
Hi Markus Fans

I will be coming down from Toronto with some friends…really excited for the show…would really like to meet some of the peeps in the forum… look forward to seeing everybody tomorrow night... Safe travels for everyone making the trip to buffalo..

Happy Holidays

PS anybody know how long Markus Set will be…any idea on set times…

hellosam
17-12-10, 10:02 PM
Me!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know the best way to get from Buffalo airport to the club? LOL

I've found some taxi shuttle thing for $18, my friend says a cab will be "around $15" (not sure if I believe it), and a quote from a private car service for $28 LMAO but I'd rather take a public bus for $2 and spend the rest on beer.

holly last i knew you had a ride??? what happened?

i have friends there that can help you so call/msg me if you still need a ride. dont pay for a taxi! you shouldnt need to