PDA

View Full Version : DJmag Top 100 DJ Poll 2010 leaked results - Markus Schulz #8

Daydreamer
24-10-10, 10:53 AM
Well here's the top 10 guys:

1 Armin van Buuren (non-mover)
2 David Guetta (up 1)
3 Tiesto (down 1)
4 Deadmau5 (up 2)
5 Above & Beyond (down 1)
6 Paul van Dyk (down 1)
7 Gareth Emery (up 2)
8 Markus Schulz (non-mover)
9 Ferry Corsten (down 2)
10 Axwell (up 4)

Source: http://synapse.wex-net.com/?p=1592

It says that the results are directly from the DJMag site and that everyone could see them due to a security error.
Markus really deserved better. :(

modthispny
24-10-10, 10:55 AM
haha i was just about to post this.

modthispny
24-10-10, 10:57 AM
my thoughts.

a few days ago i was looking at the 2009 ranking, and i thought to myself it's going to be almost impossible for markus schulz to move up...there are just way too many big names ahead of him.

not surprised that ferry has moved down 3 places in the past 2 years..i think he relies too much on his old productions in his live sets..i feel it's going to be really hard for him to exceed his old productions...and his ranking it starting to show that.

emery's artist album this year is better than avb's...and possibly better than markus schulz in terms of # of solid tracks..he's really making a name and is moving up the rankings. i'm kinda dissapointed that he passed markus, but his productions are great, even though his sets are very repetitive and predictable...i think his name in "on a good day" really helped him out. he definitely deserves better, and other then possibly switching spots with emery, i don't see him beating anybody in the top 6 in terms of popularity for a vote.....just not going to happen.

i'm glad avb is still #1...that's 4 in a row for him...surpassing tiesto.

also surprised that sander fell out of the top 10, i dont think there is a svd production that ISNT good. he also had a very busy schedule this year..not sure why he moved down 2.

lastly, my favorite dj, markus schulz. guetta, pvd, tiesto, deadmau5 are always going to be ahead of him..that leaves 3 other spots open, and his popularity won't beat avb or above & beyond, however very surprised that emery passed him...i don't think there is anything else he can do..even if he releases a superb dakota album, unless he goes mainstream, and i mean MAINSTREAM, he's always going to behind, which is ok...his talent is keeping him comfortably nestled in the 8th spot..nothing else.

Daydreamer
24-10-10, 11:05 AM
also surprised that sander fell out of the top 10, i dont think there is a svd production that ISNT good. he also had a very busy schedule this year..not sure why he moved down 2.For me it isn't that surprising. He had much better productions in 2008 and 2009. The only good track from him this year was The Hymn 2.0 and Reach Out a little bit. His other tracks like Daisy, Daddyrock and Renegade were really bad.

The worse thing is that Above & Beyond are on the 5th place. They haven't produced anything this year except for "Anphonic".

modthispny
24-10-10, 11:10 AM
also surprised that sander fell out of the top 10, i dont think there is a svd production that ISNT good. he also had a very busy schedule this year..not sure why he moved down 2.For me it isn't that surprising. He had much better productions in 2008 and 2009. The only good track from him this year was The Hymn 2.0 and Reach Out a little bit. His other tracks like Daisy, Daddyrock and Renegade were really bad.

The worse thing is that Above & Beyond are on the 5th place. They haven't produced anything this year except for "Anphonic".

they fell behind...that shows they are losing popularity. same goes with ferry...if they continue another yr of lackluster releases they will fall even further.

NeoGeo2k
24-10-10, 12:18 PM
Markus #8 !!!!

He deserved #1 for me !!!! :)

Ok Armin is hard to beat because of the Fanbase but Markus with all his productions, his new Album and his love deserved it better then #8.

You are #1 Markus #1

curs3d
24-10-10, 12:23 PM
We just to wait and see if this is true.. If it is I am rather disappointed. Yet knowingly this poll is all a scam and its just a popularity contest.. Markus seriously deserves better than those above him at the moment -_-

Daydreamer
24-10-10, 12:37 PM
We just to wait and see if this is true.. If it is I am rather disappointed. Yet knowingly this poll is all a scam and its just a popularity contest.. Markus seriously deserves better than those above him at the moment -_-It gets leaked every year, I'm very sure this is true. :)

DoMarcikar
24-10-10, 12:42 PM
Markus deserves #1. Not #8. What the heck people? I can't belive Guetta and the others are rocking the 1-5 places.. Gosh... :(

Rick Valentine
24-10-10, 02:32 PM
Personally i think this is rubbish and i wont believe anything till its out on DJ MAG....

For instance this was twittered from the Swedish House Mafia's twitter:

swedishousemfia swedishhousemafia
Not long left to vote for @axwell @sangellolive @therealingrosso in the DJ Mag Top 100! Votes for SHM as 1 do not count! http://bit.ly/DvCQo

Yet you see that Steve Angello is ranked 14th and Sebastian Ingrosso 16th in the list yet it says Swedish House Mafia 23rd.

Yes i know for the likes of Above & Beyond, Rank 1, Kyau vs Ablert, Super 8 & Dj Tab etc you can vote for them as a whole because they always work together Swedish House Mafia dont always dj together.

Also John Digweed & James Zabiela dropping alot to 29th & 49th when tech house, techno is getting bigger than ever !!!!

Ayden
24-10-10, 03:16 PM
How come Emery is doing better this year? 2009 was his year. I was expecting at least 5th or 6th place for Markus :( Man, this poll is one big bullsh*t!

nido
24-10-10, 05:56 PM
Well here's the top 10 guys:

2 David Guetta (up 1)
3 Tiesto (down 1)
4 Deadmau5 (up 2)
6 Paul van Dyk (down 1)
7 Gareth Emery (up 2)
9 Ferry Corsten (down 2)
10 Axwell (up 4)

[(

if theese are the final results....it's crap
-David Guetta shouldn't even be in this top....he is a dance producer
- Gareth Emery ranks nr. 7....i can't belive this....his album it's 3 years back Markus's releases and his sets all sound the same(sometimes i don't know if it's Ashley Wallbridge or Gareth....cause they have similar sound)
- Deadmau5...no comment...don't like his music or his live acts( where 50% of what he plays...are his tunes)
Btw i find it hard to belive that Gareth Emery or Deadmau5 have more fans than Markus so that they could rank so high :|

modthispny
24-10-10, 06:14 PM
the top 100 is real.

go to the website, search markus schulz, and when you scroll down, it will say markus schulz #8 2010. do the same for emery, armin, etc.

nido
24-10-10, 06:45 PM
the top 100 is real.

go to the website, search markus schulz, and when you scroll down, it will say markus schulz #8 2010. do the same for emery, armin, etc.

i saw it :|

amberella06
24-10-10, 08:05 PM
Very disappointing to say the least. I mean, look at Boy George at #80----what did he do this year?!

Markus absolutely deserved a solid top 5 spot. I remember reading that he considers the poll to be his report card. Well, Markus---I wouldn't consider this an accurate representation of how much you've pleased the masses this last year. Look at all the people who travel miles & miles to see you (including myself). You are truely a crowd pleaser & a class act. By far, the most interactive DJ I've ever seen or met.

I did notice several trance DJ's lose postion and lots of house DJ's gain position...eh, I'm just really disappointed in the whole process.

Ericc B
24-10-10, 11:58 PM
Btw i find it hard to belive that Gareth Emery or Deadmau5 have more fans than Markus so that they could rank so high :|
Not strange at all. The DJ Mag list is a completely distorted view on reality that is based on massive amounts of invalid multiple voting by the #trancegayfamily cattle. It has nothing to do with quality of live performance or productions for that matter. That is why I am so bummed that Markus actually regards it as his 'report card'. Don't do that man, when people vote a completely fabricated fake act like Dash Berlin at 15, doesn't that say enough about the worth of this poll?

Also regardless of what DJ Mag says Tiesto and David Getta are still much more popular than Armin. They sell way more cds and way more gig tickets at way higher prices than Armin ever will. And to support that just check out their numer of Facebook fans. Here's a few rankings from the week before DJ Mag closed the voting:

9.166.048 people 'like' David Guetta
4.405.025 people 'like' Tiesto
1.240.626 people 'like' Armin (mind you that is 8 times less than Guetta)
1.077.846 people 'like' deadmau5
709.105 people 'like' Paul van Dyk
273.857 people 'like' Swedish House Mafia
214.912 people 'like' Ferry Corsten
117.890 people 'like' Markus
154.275 people 'like' John Digweed
137.786 people 'like' Gareth Emery
116.452 people 'like' Sasha

Markus is never ever going to be in that top 5 and I for one thank the heavens for that. Too many great DJ careers have already been ruined by/after wearing that crown.

DoMarcikar
25-10-10, 07:00 AM
By the way, It's a bit sick:

23. Swedish House Mafia (new entery) <- I think they deserved... :)

nido
25-10-10, 01:31 PM
if Markus wants to rank higher he should do some changes about the way he or his productions are promoted

maria111
25-10-10, 02:12 PM
I dont understand people who is upset with Markus place seeing him the last years in top 10 in that list is something big and something we should say Respect to him for beeing and I dont mean I didnt wanted Markus to be number 1 but seeing him in top 10 is success as well

My thoughts about the list for the rest

15. Dash Berlin FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL

23. Swedish House Mafia :? I remember the guys saying that the prefer people to vote for each one not for all together since they hardly dj together

44. Daft Punk i think they are perfomers not djing etc :?

36. Headhunterz (new entry)
73. D-Block & S-TE-FAN (new entry)
90. Noisecontrollers (new entry)
91. Showtek (new entry)

i have to admit i am a fan for hardstyle and seeing those names its a success too - please dont laugh with me :lol:

Rene
25-10-10, 05:01 PM
Not strange at all. The DJ Mag list is a completely distorted view on reality that is based on massive amounts of invalid multiple voting by the #trancegayfamily cattle. It has nothing to do with quality of live performance or productions for that matter. That is why I am so bummed that Markus actually regards it as his 'report card'. Don't do that man, when people vote a completely fabricated fake act like Dash Berlin at 15, doesn't that say enough about the worth of this poll?

Also regardless of what DJ Mag says Tiesto and David Getta are still much more popular than Armin. They sell way more cds and way more gig tickets at way higher prices than Armin ever will. And to support that just check out their numer of Facebook fans. Here's a few rankings from the week before DJ Mag closed the voting:

9.166.048 people 'like' David Guetta
4.405.025 people 'like' Tiesto
1.240.626 people 'like' Armin (mind you that is 8 times less than Guetta)
1.077.846 people 'like' deadmau5
709.105 people 'like' Paul van Dyk
273.857 people 'like' Swedish House Mafia
214.912 people 'like' Ferry Corsten
117.890 people 'like' Markus
154.275 people 'like' John Digweed
137.786 people 'like' Gareth Emery
116.452 people 'like' Sasha

Markus is never ever going to be in that top 5 and I for one thank the heavens for that.

Too many great DJ careers have already been ruined by/after wearing that crown.

Hi mister Blog,

I like your blog and youre stories!

But how come that Guetta isn't number one, when he has so much more "friends"

james
25-10-10, 05:18 PM
I've heard from some people that DJ Mag alters the final rankings. Apparently it says they have the right to do this when you agree to vote or something? Not entirely sure if it's true, don't care enough to research it. But if it is true, they must have an invested interest in keeping a "trance" DJ at #1. Because if the numbers Ericc B posted are accurate for facebook fans, then it is surprising Guetta hasn't taken #1 yet.

Globalgirl
25-10-10, 05:21 PM
Ok my turn. Like everyone has said, the poll gets leaked every year. No big surprise there.

It is what it is (the mantra we chant every day at the Coldharbour offices). Our plan is to just go with it. We're going to keep on doing what we do: make great Coldharbour tracks, put out what we hope is an amazing radio show each week and support Markus as best we can while he is on the road. We have our plan and will do everything we can do to keep you guys happy and dancing your tushies off. :)

So on Wednesday, wherever you are, raise your glasses with us to another successful year and let's get back at it for 2011. Thanks for helping us do what we do. We can't do it without you.

Heather S.

promba
25-10-10, 05:46 PM
David Guetta and Tiesto make more mainstream music that s why they have so much facebook friends but those ''casual'' listiner probably do not vote in the DJmag.com top 100 list. Armin has probably more die hard fans who vote for him..

hollygallager
25-10-10, 06:37 PM
Ahhh djmag lol.

1st- yeah it gets leaked every time, but I was kind of surprised to see the results DIRECTLY on djmag.com. If you searched whoevers name on the site, it'd pull up their 2010 ranking (as well as 09, 08, etc.). I don't know that much about maintaining a website with a search database and whatnot but seriously?? LOl who effed that one up? They've apparently fixed that today though. Worked yesterday.

2nd - Boy George???? What does this even mean!??? Is this a joke?? Is it some other DJ that named themselves Boy George? Please please explain this one to me.

3rd - The Swedish House Mafia debate -- can a group of DJs be listed separately & as a group? I've seen people claim that they cannot, as this is a rule of dj mag but I don't see anywhere where djmag lists this as a rule. Who knows. How often is SHM together as a group? And they have ONE track that was played 1238942789342374923 this summer. Whatever. I'm just irritated that they placed 23 solely on that one damn song that if I could never hear again in my life I'd be entirely okay.

4th - Was kind of shocked Gareth got 7th. I'm a fan of his but was still surprised. Other than that I can't really give too much of a shit. I'm not surprised to see more housier djs placing higher, I've noticed a shift even within my own friends towards house (not me blah can't do it). Dash Berlin getting a new entry at 15 is kind of weird, but I've never seen him so IDK. My friend and I sat down the night before it got leaked and literally made a list of about 75+ djs/producers that aren't on the list that we enjoy/love/follow..

But I'm still going to listen to the music that I listen to, still going to goto the gigs I want to goto, still going to travel as much as I can afford to do so to see Markus regardless if he is 1, 8, or 84734.
So really idk what else, but someone please explain the boy george thing to me :)

DoMarcikar
25-10-10, 07:08 PM
Ok my turn. Like everyone has said, the poll gets leaked every year. No big surprise there.

It is what it is (the mantra we chant every day at the Coldharbour offices). Our plan is to just go with it. We're going to keep on doing what we do: make great Coldharbour tracks, put out what we hope is an amazing radio show each week and support Markus as best we can while he is on the road. We have our plan and will do everything we can do to keep you guys happy and dancing your tushies off. :)

So on Wednesday, wherever you are, raise your glasses with us to another successful year and let's get back at it for 2011. Thanks for helping us do what we do. We can't do it without you.

Heather S.

We never leave Markus, we're support him, 'till we're all die. We are the "Coldharbour Family". :D

joshryan
25-10-10, 07:25 PM
Just wait til Tranceaddict Top 250 comes out. Markus will probably be #2 again like he was last year.

I see that poll as more indicative of the more hardcore fans of edm and DJ Mag becoming more and more casual listeners and commercialized.

dtR
25-10-10, 08:21 PM
That's easy. Because 90% of his FB fans don't even know what DJ mag is.

MissZivile
25-10-10, 11:01 PM
I should really wait till Wednesday to start my rants but it the leak is true - I feel bittersweet about #8... Cool that he is among 8 most popular DJs, and I will express my congrats to Markus and his Coldharbour on that, even though that8th place doesn't reflect the talent, care and efforts he puts in his work. No less than #1.
I enjoyed every moment being in his gigs. Incomparable experience. Great sets. Zero-arogance interaction. Will go to as many gigs as I can and continue to tune into the GDJBs and spread the word about Markus's talent and why we like him. ...
We love what you do.
Awesome.
The best.

modthispny
25-10-10, 11:20 PM
markus schulz got #2 in the tranceaddicts poll..armin got #1 again.

1. Armin van Buuren NC
2. Markus Schulz NC
3. Above & Beyond NC
4. Gareth Emery UP 2
5. Sander van Doorn UP 3
6. Ferry Corsten DOWN 2
7. Paul van Dyk NC
8. Tiesto DOWN 3
9. Sean Tyas UP 11
10. John Digweed NC

curs3d
25-10-10, 11:22 PM
Just wait til Tranceaddict Top 250 comes out. Markus will probably be #2 again like he was last year.

I see that poll as more indicative of the more hardcore fans of edm and DJ Mag becoming more and more casual listeners and commercialized.

Annnnd you were right somewhat.. He is number 2. Better than DJ Mag poll...

Ericc B
26-10-10, 11:16 AM
That's easy. Because 90% of his FB fans don't even know what DJ mag is.
Apparently, and it also shows that they don't listen to his radio show since you cannot listen to that for 5 minutes without being bombarded by some retarded http://www.votedavidguetta.com jingle.

PoKoLoKo
26-10-10, 12:10 PM
[quote="Daydreamer"]Well here's the top 10 guys:

2 David Guetta (up 1)
3 Tiesto (down 1)
4 Deadmau5 (up 2)
6 Paul van Dyk (down 1)
7 Gareth Emery (up 2)
9 Ferry Corsten (down 2)
10 Axwell (up 4)

Source: http://synapse.wex-net.com/?p=1592

How Can Be Guetta 2nd and MARKUS 8th.I Don't Believe It.This Is Bullshit.

Daydreamer
26-10-10, 12:14 PM
This is not fake. ;)

PoKoLoKo
26-10-10, 12:16 PM
Complete and utter nonsense!

Sheedy
26-10-10, 10:27 PM
I'm a diehard Markus fan but I think he has done extremely well to retain his position in the top 10 of a popularity contest filled with DJ's who have gone commercial, by keeping to his sound and showing no signs of going mainstream. Apart from Gareth Emery who I believe has gained many votes due to his Garuda nights at Sankeys which are almost always a sell out, Markus is the only underground superstar DJ on that list.

I think the key to Markus growing bigger without losing that underground appeal is to get put on lineups at festival before the headliners, instead of after. Everytime i've seen Markus at a festival its been after the headliner, when half of the crowd leave the tent. If he played before them he would get maximum exposure, but the organisers and the headliners are probably scared of Markus stealing the show which I know he would do every time with his style. Maybe he plays before the headliners in other countries but in the UK he doesn't or when he does he spends half his set building down.

Not enough non-die hard trance fans know about Markus. I'm convinced that the UK scene is a major influence on the polls.

modthispny
27-10-10, 12:01 AM
i agree with you 110% sheedy. I'll admit some of the songs on DYD are a little mainstream, but overall Markus still has the same sound he's had for the last few years...and is still in the top 10..that's really a feat to be proud of.

really excited for the new dakota album in '11!!

amberella06
27-10-10, 02:05 AM

Oh yesss, me too!!!

Ericc B
27-10-10, 09:55 AM
i agree with you 110% sheedy. I'll admit some of the songs on DYD are a little mainstream, but overall Markus still has the same sound he's had for the last few years
I agree, although I do still think that the mainstream songs on DYD are too mainstream. The big difference between Markus and Armin though is that Markus plays the cool tracks from his album in his sets, whereas Armin only plays the cheesy ones. I really admire Markus for keeping his sets cool, despite some cheesy album tunes and even more cheesy videos (damn those are really bad, all of them)

...and is still in the top 10..that's really a feat to be proud of.
Personally that doesn't mean anything to me, but it does to Markus himself so I'm happy for him too. I will just repeat that he should not consider his ranking in the list to be his report card. He sells himself short by doing that, because his position says a million times more about what other DJ's are doing to pull votes than about how he is doing as a DJ/producer.

Yes yes yes! Most anticipated album of next year for me :)

Serious Danger
27-10-10, 06:45 PM
Its saddens me that Markus is not in the top 5, but at the same time Im proud of Markus for being able to hold on to the #8 position for 3 years running.To me thats a feat in itself. Markus doesnt need to change anything he or his team is doing. Markus will crack the top 5 and eventually become Numero Uno! Its all a matter of time! and when he does we're all going to be happy he did it; doing it his way.

Being number #8 in the world is a big accomplishment! Heck, when he was #32 back in 2005 I almost flipped out of pure excitment. I remember telling my wife "Look Markus is #32 in the world!" For me to see Markus in the top 100 and knowing where he's been and where he came from is a huge accomplishment. This man came from doing gigs here in AZ to doing BIG things all over the world. All I can say is Markus and Heather keep doing what you guys do! We will all be right behind you supporting you the whole way!

Daydreamer
27-10-10, 11:43 PM
The official results... http://www.trackitdown.net/news/show/104039.html

Pulsed
28-10-10, 08:40 AM
F...n results!!!!!!!

Markus, you are #1 for me!!! Dakota + Do you dream? + Coldharbour 100 remixed + World tours and festivals...and also GLOBAL DJ BROADCAST!!!

james
28-10-10, 08:52 AM
I'm a little bit weary of the Dakota album talk tbh. Seems a bit too soon. I'm kinda hoping it won't be out until the end of 2011. Between DYD, the remixes for DYD, his hectic tour schedule and the 2011 city compilation (I assume there will be one of those anyways), I don't see Markus having a lot of studio time to really pump out a solid album anytime soon. I trust Markus to not just throw something together just to get it out there, but I for one would definitely like to remind him not to rush it.

Daydreamer
28-10-10, 11:04 AM
http://djmag.com/top100/detail/2592

Looks like "Sky Traffic" became Markus' Tune of the Year. :)

So, 2011 - his next instalment of his city mix series is about to be announced and he plans on releasing a new album under his alter ego Dakota.

amberella06
28-10-10, 12:50 PM
http://djmag.com/top100/detail/2592

Looks like "Sky Traffic" became Markus' Tune of the Year. :)

It's been my track of the year since I first heard and I've been very vocal about that...glad Markus agrees! ;)

Sheedy
28-10-10, 08:13 PM
Sky Traffic is incredible !

DoMarcikar
30-10-10, 09:40 AM
Do you want to know what's some DJ's position? You can check here (http://www.djmag.com/php/top100djs/search/?op=search&search_op=check).

MrE
30-10-10, 04:59 PM
Bit disappointed he didn't crack the top 5, but being voted 8th 3 years running is a great achievement. It's a dance music popularity poll though, it has absolutely fuck all to do with who's the best DJ, or people like Guetta & Deadmau5 would be nowhere near the top.

Guetta's a pop artist who collaborates with hugely popular vocalists. His tracks chart well, they feature on tons of compilations & get a load of radio play. As a result, he's always gonna get far more exposure & far more votes. Shocked he didn't take number 1 in all honesty.

paolino
30-10-10, 11:19 PM
To be very honest I don't think Markus Schulz cares if he takes top spot in this popularity contest, Markus knows his niche very well and Markus knows he is the best DJ, to win this contest for him would be a degradation to his character, talent, skills and the entire quality underground trance music scene. Markus , thanks for ranking # 8.

nido
31-10-10, 05:00 AM
Bit disappointed he didn't crack the top 5, but being voted 8th 3 years running is a great achievement. It's a dance music popularity poll though, it has absolutely fuck all to do with who's the best DJ, or people like Guetta & Deadmau5 would be nowhere near the top.

Guetta's a pop artist who collaborates with hugely popular vocalists. His tracks chart well, they feature on tons of compilations & get a load of radio play. As a result, he's always gonna get far more exposure & far more votes. Shocked he didn't take number 1 in all honesty.
i agree with you
Guetta shouldn't even be in this poll.....we are talking about djs not dance artists

anyway it's hard for Markus to beat the popularity of Armin, Tijs or A&b....they have years of experience...tracks and shows

Havana
31-10-10, 01:24 PM
i agree with you
Guetta shouldn't even be in this poll.....we are talking about djs not dance artists

But Guetta is a DJ :? And a very popular one at that! Creamfields, either this year or last year, tent holds 10,000... Guetta had 20,000 people all trying to cram into the tent to see him!! He had to suspend his set for a while to allow security to sort things out. I mean, I'm no fan of Guetta's but what he has achieved in the past couple of years is nothing short of staggering and I'm totally unsurprised by him getting 2nd spot... in fact, if I'm honest, I can't quite understand how he didn't take the crown.

Havana
31-10-10, 01:28 PM
Oh and massive congrats Markus.. Nice to see you holding your top 10 spot! You must be hugely proud :)

Obviously quite disappointed we didn't see you on the front cover this year, but I don't think that you could have done anything any differently in 2010. Keep working hard man, we love ya for it!! :D

james
31-10-10, 04:15 PM
I'm not sure Markus will ever be able to break the top3, hopefully one day he can. But I refuse to admit he can't break the top5. He can definitely surpass Gareth Emery, Above & Beyond and Paul van Dyk if we get enough people to vote for him.

Getting past Armin, Deadmau5, Tiesto and Guetta will be really, really hard though. But maybe Tiesto's new announcement that he plans to remove trance completely from his sets will make him lose some of his blind loyal fans.

maria111
02-11-10, 01:20 PM
I did post my opinion waiting for Markus now to post something over here - I am supriced he hasnt post anything