PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Transition?

james
15-10-10, 06:21 AM
I can't bring myself to type up my report, cause I feel like talking music! But ya, what's your favorite song-to-song transition you've heard Markus do? It can be from anytime and any set. However, sets that have been broadcasted online are easier for others to go listen to and go "damn, that was a nice transition."

Much like IP, I do love:

Pobsky - Final Cloud (Markus Schulz Edit)
to
Hammer & Bennett - Language (Phynn Remix)

but I am also a huge fan of, and probably my favorite:

Markus Schulz - What Could Have Been (Club Mix)
to
Jan Johnston Meets Tenishia - Flesh 2010 (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)

As far as recent songs and recent sets, those two are probably my favorite song-to-song transitions.

Daydreamer
15-10-10, 07:09 AM
I agree on those 2!

Another great transition would be Alpha State -> Away of course :)

topereq
15-10-10, 12:37 PM
my fav :
asot450 Poland : sky traffic - > comet -> opera
3 massive tracks , 2 massive transitions ! <3
:D

i also like :
they always come back (b&h remix) -> renoise - night highway

krissa123
15-10-10, 01:47 PM
but I am also a huge fan of, and probably my favorite:

Markus Schulz - What Could Have Been (Club Mix)
to
Jan Johnston Meets Tenishia - Flesh 2010 (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)

As far as recent songs and recent sets, those two are probably my favorite song-to-song transitions.

You can hear that he used lots of elements from What could have been in his reconstruction of Flesh. Thats why they fit so good together :)

james
15-10-10, 08:12 PM
Definitely. That's why it sounds so amazing for sure. :)

Havana
16-10-10, 12:20 AM
Cast your minds back. May 2008, Global DJ Broadcast World Tour New York.

Wippenberg pres Sphaera - Back >>> Sia - Buttons (Markus Schulz Coldharbour Remix)

gives me the shiverzzz everytime :shock:

Daydreamer
16-10-10, 12:24 AM
O I remember another great one.

Chakalaka -> Perception from WT Budapest 2008. :)

Pulsed
27-10-10, 06:11 PM
I remember another one from GDJB 21-06-2006

Airbase - For The Fallen ---> Headstrong feat Tiff Lacey - Close Your Eyes (Dwight Van Mann Remix)

ohhh god it really makes me sweat!

jdub889
10-07-11, 09:37 PM
threadbump!

i remember darren talking about the outsider --> sleepwalkers transition being the new final cloud --> language ... well, i went to go see rank 1 last night here in LA, and the closer was some DJ i'd never heard of. around 3:30, the guy drops outsider, and i turn to my friend and say "i wonder if he knows sleepwalkers would absolutely smash it right now" ... two seconds later, he starts transitioning into sleepwalkers. i wonder if he's a forum member? :P

Kjuna
10-07-11, 09:56 PM
Oh yeah - you know what? 5th of June, 2010. I was in the first row in Milk, Moscow when Markus played his set for WT Moscow (10.06.10) and one transition was absolutely sick live:

Perception - Damager 02 (Mark Zimms remix)

my friends and me mentioned EPIC bass change that blew the club away. What a memories!

I bet nobody would argue that

65,4 Hz (Mr Pit remix) - Outsider

became something like basic epic transition as well =)

buraksbt
11-07-11, 12:18 AM
GDJB 29 Oct. 2009

Gaia - Tuvan (Gareth Emery Remix) > Gleave - Home > Robert Vadney Featuring Di - World on Mute 2009 (CJ Peeton Remix)
What a kick trio..
__
GDJB WT Los Angeles 07 Jan. 2010

Midway - Monkey Forest (Jonas Stenberg Remix) > Rob Rolefes - Mel Percuetek > Markus Schulz - The New World

Also Chinook to Chinook (Uplifting Mix) is cool, I can write much more, especially transitions from world tour episodes.

Sheedy
11-07-11, 03:04 AM
I really like the beginning of world tour toronto 2010. The debut of Perception in the redlight district intro dub into koolhaus (at the koolhaus) into final cloud, the atmosphere is electric and the tune selection perfect, what a start to a set, goosebumps every time and i werent even there !

AndyM989
11-07-11, 03:58 AM
threadbump!

i remember darren talking about the outsider --> sleepwalkers transition being the new final cloud --> language ... well, i went to go see rank 1 last night here in LA, and the closer was some DJ i'd never heard of. around 3:30, the guy drops outsider, and i turn to my friend and say "i wonder if he knows sleepwalkers would absolutely smash it right now" ... two seconds later, he starts transitioning into sleepwalkers. i wonder if he's a forum member? :P

Ha, i was at that same concert last night, and was pretty surprised he dropped those two songs. Highlight of his set imo.

paolino
11-07-11, 04:27 AM
I'm really loving this transition from his New york set last thursday.
05.Bobina - Pune
06. Piatto vs. Jordy Lishious - Space Oddity Lump (Markus Schulz Mashup)
07. Max Freegrant - Olya (Khomha Remix)

Amazing, dark, aggressive progressive tech trance macho sounds right there. I really love this three tunes played successively and loved how markus mixed them together. The new mash up (track 6) is just fantastic.

foothegreat
11-07-11, 07:25 AM
I'm really loving this transition from his New york set last thursday.
05.Bobina - Pune
06. Piatto vs. Jordy Lishious - Space Oddity Lump (Markus Schulz Mashup)
07. Max Freegrant - Olya (Khomha Remix)

Amazing, dark, aggressive progressive tech trance macho sounds right there. I really love this three tunes played successively and loved how markus mixed them together. The new mash up (track 6) is just fantastic.

couldnt agree more! the World Tour episodes are getting sicker and sicker each time

Rob
11-07-11, 07:20 PM
Life Before the Earthquake into Interstate of Lightning a couple of weeks ago was very impressive on a regular gdjb episode :) Also Final Cloud into Language from last years festival season was awesome! :D

jdub889
12-07-11, 06:53 AM
yeah! final cloud --> language inspired this thread, i think :D

capillarymuscle
12-07-11, 09:31 AM
for me

marcel woods - advanced ---> Phynn- Spacewalk

curs3d
12-07-11, 10:21 AM
For me for current/recent sets of Markus

Outsider -> Sleepwalkers or vice versa is so epic 8-)

and recently Sinners --> Saints

Serious Danger
12-07-11, 07:53 PM
The possibilities are endless here, Markus mixing is really flawless, his beat matching skill along with mixing are 2nd to none. He's always had this, IMO i think his beatmatching and mixing between tracks was alot better and cooler when he used vinyl records. There is still one transition to this day that sticks out in my mind, its when he mixed Sandra Collins - Flutterby into Tilt - Children (Tilt's Courtyard Mix) on his Shikodachi CD. Anyhow the man has skills that are undeniable and hes had alot of sick transitions. Flawless mixing FTW! :D

james
12-07-11, 09:03 PM
Hah, thanks for bumping this oldie. My all time favorite, that I heard live twice in 2008 is this song-to-song transition. Sends shivers down my spine after Formentera What peaks and you start to hear the "oooh, ahhhh, oooh, ahhh" coming in from Perfect. :)

Albert Vorne - Formentera What (Gareth Emery Remix)
to
Markus Schulz ft. Dauby - Perfect (Agnelli & Nelson Remix)

jdub889
13-07-11, 06:33 AM
Hah, thanks for bumping this oldie. My all time favorite, that I heard live twice in 2008 is this song-to-song transition. Sends shivers down my spine after Formentera What peaks and you start to hear the "oooh, ahhhh, oooh, ahhh" coming in from Perfect. :)

Albert Vorne - Formentera What (Gareth Emery Remix)
to
Markus Schulz ft. Dauby - Perfect (Agnelli & Nelson Remix)

i'm intrigued :P don't suppose you have a link to any set where he did this handy?

Evening Twilight
13-07-11, 02:44 PM
Richard Durand - Night And Day (Dub Mix)
to
Mars Needs Lovels - Blue Flame (Poshout Remix)

tried to copy it several times, but no effects :roll:

also Vertruda - Night Highway to Fast Distance - Safari, but that's easy to copy.

james
13-07-11, 03:44 PM
i'm intrigued :P don't suppose you have a link to any set where he did this handy?

[youtube:qqew2l64]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXoe-URb75E[/youtube:qqew2l64]

I always keep this youtube video handy actually; it's the only recording I have seen of it. Unfortunately it cuts off a minute too early. :(

But it's the first time I saw Markus live...and damn, if only the video was a minute longer and you could hear the "oooh, ahhh, oooh, ahhh" coming in. :)

jdub889
13-07-11, 04:59 PM
lol ... i tried to simulate it by playing the vid and then quickly switching over to 'perfect' playing on my itunes... worked pretty well! haha

james
13-07-11, 05:07 PM
haha awesome

it's one of my favorite combos to play when i dj for friends :)

modthispny
14-07-11, 06:08 AM
22. Markus Schulz Presents Dakota - Sleepwalkers
23. DNS Project Featuring Madelin Zero - Another Day (Khomha Remix)

trance4life_7
14-07-11, 10:59 PM
i had the pleasure of hearing this in prague it was unreal
Rank 1 & Jochen Miller vs. Yuri Kane - The Right Escape (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)>
Phunk Investigation - DNA Extractor (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)>
Mr. Pit - Sky Traffic (Markus Schulz Edit)

fridaycoffee
28-07-11, 01:42 PM
DNS Project feat. Madelin Zero - Another Day (KhoMha Remix) into
Tilt - The World Doesn't Know (Arty Remix)

buraksbt
28-07-11, 01:50 PM
Aerofoil - Vortex to Dakota - Miami

from WT NYC

bassembm1
08-09-11, 12:24 PM
back to November 2008

Seb Olavie -25th of June
to
Marco V - Coma Aid

yes it gives me shivers every time i listen to this